• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Tutorial PS4 Phat/ Slim/ Pro Linux Loader 5.05: Manjaro Linux PS4 [v2]

BataBo

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 16, 2018
Yup just mount my image and thats it

Reactions: Chreech

Chreech

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jul 12, 2018
Thank @codemasterv for this tutorial it is great,but i find this tutorial overcomplicated so i made an easier version that can be installed from windows.

You will need

1. PS4 linux loader
***Hidden content cannot be quoted.***
2.My linux image
3.Rufus(2.18 and below)
4.NetCat GUI
5.Usb stick(16gb and above)
6.Usb keyboard and mouse
7.Usb hub(optional)

Tutorial:

1.Download my image
Tutpic1.png

2.Extract the image
Tutpic2.png

select all and click Extract files...
Tutpic3.png

check Keep broken files(it will still work)
Tutpic4.png

Enter the password
Password is:

Go get a burger this will take a while

If it says that a file is corrupted don't worry it'll sitll work

2.Mount image onto usb
Open rufus

Under device select your usb
Next to "Create a bootable disk using" select dd image
Tutpic5.png

Go to disk image next to "DD image" and select file that you extracted

Click start

Go get another burger this will take a while

3. Running linux on ps4

After image is mounted onto your usb plug it into your ps4

Before you send your exploit to ps4 make sure resolution is set to(720p or 1080p,it your resolution is set to 1080i it won't work)
to change resolution go to setting->Sound and Screen->Video output setting->Resolution

Now that you've set your resolution go to mod menu

Click original

When awaiting for payload... screen appears open NetCat gui

Tutpic6.png

Type ip4 adress of your ps4,set your port to 9020,and drag ps4 linux loader below ip4 adress and above inject payload button

click inject payload

And wait

after this there are three possible outcomes:

if it turns blue violet blue it works
if it crashes your device you did not configure resolution so do that
if it turns solid white try again

3.Log in

This system will be in french if you want to change language to english you can find tutorial below

If you found this tutorial confusing this is my first time so don't jugde me.
If my pictures go offline notify me.
Would you like me to compile more linux images?
Thanks a lot man. Your tutorial is the best. Everything has been made easy. Other tutorials were complicated. I have successfully loaded linux on my PS4 pro. Please make more tutorials.

Reactions: Xgame6 and DonB1985

Chreech

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jul 12, 2018
My usb drive is 64gb but it uses only 14.54gb for ext4 partition and leaves the rest 43.11gb unallocated. Is there any way to create ext4 partition using full space?

BataBo

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 16, 2018
I'll make it for you for several days

Update:I've got some stuff going in my life right now so I'll make you Linux image when it all gets resolved so be patient

Last edited:

DanielMOD

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 1, 2018
My usb drive is 64gb but it uses only 14.54gb for ext4 partition and leaves the rest 43.11gb unallocated. Is there any way to create ext4 partition using full space?

I believe in within Linux itself you can search for gparted and extend the partition, try that.
By the way how is the performance of this build? mine is VERY stuttery, but it is expected, i got only USB2 flash drive...

BataBo

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 16, 2018
Well perforamnce all comes down to your USB write and read speed.My 16 gb USB is horrible while my 64gb usb(with much faster read and write speeds) runs greate(dolphin emulator 60fps and cemu 15fps)

DanielMOD

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 1, 2018
I'm actually really happy to hear that.
Any luck running CSGO?

BataBo

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 16, 2018
When I get my PS4 back I'll test(not soon)

tecniqueza

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jul 7, 2018
hello friend what model of your ps4 pro? the mwu and 7016b and it does not work, it stays white light or it turns off, I've already used oendrive 16 and hd 3.0 external on port two and in the usb with no success, any ideas?

tecniqueza

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jul 7, 2018
ChreechNorm
hello friend what model of your ps4 pro? the mwu and 7016b and it does not work, it stays white light or it turns off, I've already used oendrive 16 and hd 3.0 external on port two and in the usb with no success, any ideas?

BataBo

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 16, 2018
Well have you configured resolution of your PS4 pro to 1080p or 720p
Btw stupid question are running PS4 pro 5.05
Do you use hdmi switch

Last edited:

samus

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 13, 2018
Ya anyone with a ps4 slim cuh 2015a I can't get it to work tried several times I also get a no signal screen with s white ps4 light as mentioned above firmware 5.05

BataBo

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 16, 2018
Dear @samus currently linux doesn't work on ps4 slim 2015a and 2015b.
Currently valentinbreiz is working on a solution.
You can check his progress here

alpha35

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 29, 2018
I have been working on getting linux running for almost 14 hours total now and I finally got to a point where Ive made progress. I have my flash drive formatted and the image's loaded and my usb is in my ps4. I sent the payload and my ps4 screen went black and the light is blinking blue- Whiteish violetish - blue, but nothing is happening from there. My screen is still black and my light is still blinking. Is it supposed to take longer than 10-20 minutes to load? (ps it is a fat model ps4, resolution is 720p, running 5.05) @BataBo

Last edited:

BataBo

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 16, 2018
Dear @alpha35 the problem is in your tv.
I had the same problem when I ran Linux on my old tv but when I bought my new tv everything was working fine so if you want this issue fixed you must buy new tv.

Last edited:
Reactions: alpha35

alpha35

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 29, 2018
well crap. thx anyways @BataBo

BataBo

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 16, 2018
No problem dude

djden010

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 11, 2018
I have that on new android tv ps4 keeps blinking white blue for half hour then i stopped it because it must be loaded in 5 to 10 minutes?
I have been working on getting linux running for almost 14 hours total now and I finally got to a point where Ive made progress. I have my flash drive formatted and the image's loaded and my usb is in my ps4. I sent the payload and my ps4 screen went black and the light is blinking blue- Whiteish violetish - blue, but nothing is happening from there. My screen is still black and my light is still blinking. Is it supposed to take longer than 10-20 minutes to load? (ps it is a fat model ps4, resolution is 720p, running 5.05) @BataBo

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

BataBo

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 16, 2018
If it's blinking blue violet blue that means Linux is running and if you get no visual output that means your tv does not support Linux.Im sorry.

Btw is there a difference between violet and purple

DanielMOD

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 1, 2018
On one of my screen i can't see terminal loading sequence.
I wait on that monitor 10 minutes approx and than I'm inside the system, no problems.
Load the OS and than wait :)