• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Tutorial PS4 Phat/ Slim/ Pro Linux Loader 5.05: Manjaro Linux PS4 [v2]

mercury501

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 29, 2018
Here to share the love!
I GOT IT RUNNING kinda

I used another usb drive only with the fat32 partition,if I plug in the second usb how do I tell the ps to use it as root fs?

edit:and I don't know if it made any difference but I used the payload from valentinbreiz's github that was 1 mb instead of the 30 kb iirc of the one in the first post

Last edited:

Mogi_Codemasterv

USA #1
Retired staff
Apr 7, 2018
The Sun
I GOT IT RUNNING kinda

I used another usb drive only with the fat32 partition,if I plug in the second usb how do I tell the ps to use it as root fs?
Did you put these on the fat32 root?
  1. http://www.mediafire.com/file/21z29co2d31h5qc/psxitarch.tar.xz
  2. https://www.ps3ita.it/download/ps4_linux/bzImage
  3. http://www.mediafire.com/file/ql2rg8bvnmp4nxu/initramfs.cpio.gz

IMPORTANT!!
The USB device that you will use will be completely formatted, all the data will be deleted !!
  1. Copy the initramfs, the bzImage and the psxitarch.tar.xz file to the root of the USB device
  2. Connect the USB device to the PS4, if you have connected other USB devices disconnect them (you must have only one USB device connected)
  3. Start the exploit
  4. Start the payload
  5. Wait a few seconds, the screen should go black and then the rescushell screen will appear
  6. Connect the keyboard, write: exec install-psxitarch.sh (the keyboard layout is set to US, to write the dash you have to use the ' )
  7. Wait until the distro is installed (you should see a long list of files that are copied to the USB), the installation time varies from USB to USB (if you are crazy enough to install the distro on USB 2.0 it should take about 25 minutes)
  8. After the installation the distro should start by itself and show you the login screen, if it does not start write exec start-psxitarch.sh (from the next restart the distro should start by itself, you will not have to write anything)
  9. On the login screen, enter username psxita and password changeit

mercury501

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 29, 2018

Mogi_Codemasterv

USA #1
Retired staff
Apr 7, 2018
The Sun
can't replicate the success, I'm gonna try this method. but isn't this the one without audio over hdmi and hardware acceleration?
It has both and Bluetooth and wifi working from my understanding.

I have not tested yet. Lots of dumping and tutorial writing.

Kina on the back burner. I'd appreciate it if you could test it

mercury501

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 29, 2018
sure thing, i've managed twice to get to rescueshell as of now.

Mogi_Codemasterv

USA #1
Retired staff
Apr 7, 2018
The Sun
I u
I GOT IT RUNNING kinda

edit:and I don't know if it made any difference but I used the payload from valentinbreiz's github that was 1 mb instead of the 30 kb iirc of the one in the first post
updated the linux payload with the one i compiled

hamid

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 29, 2018
thanks i'll try it

motorolah

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 28, 2018
which partition table do i need to use? and it works with an External HDD? because my USB Drive is only 8 gigs

Mogi_Codemasterv

USA #1
Retired staff
Apr 7, 2018
The Sun
which partition table do i need to use? and it works with an External HDD? because my USB Drive is only 8 gigs
8gb is too small you will need at least a 16GB to do this

motorolah

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 28, 2018
8gb is too small you will need at least a 16GB to do this
i know, i'm trying to use my 80gigs HDD because of that, i'm just asking if i can use it for this procedure

Mogi_Codemasterv

USA #1
Retired staff
Apr 7, 2018
The Sun
i know, i'm trying to use my 80gigs HDD because of that, i'm just asking if i can use it for this procedure
both partitions will need to be on the same device sda, sda1 and sda2. you could use your 8gb to make a bootable linux thumbdrive for your pc and image the 80gb with the 100mb boot and xGB rest ext4

motorolah

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 28, 2018
well i'm sending the payload but nothing is happening, and netcat isn't outputting any errors.
i followed all the steps perfectly so i don't know what i did wrong.
btw changing the ports doesn't change anything

Mogi_Codemasterv

USA #1
Retired staff
Apr 7, 2018
The Sun
it just worked. the usb is prepared as per the first post, booted mira with the darksoftware site, awaiting payload on the same page, sent the payload with netcat on ubuntu desktop on port 9020 and now there's a login screen. I just wish it's repeatable.

edit: OP what's the password? xD I type 1 and it says desolè
should be just "1"

motorolah

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 28, 2018
i tried several times to push the payload and one time netcat gived me an output with lots of debug messages and a process table but it still won't load Linux.
here's the screen of the netcat output.
Screenshot_20180529_232235.png

motorolah

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 28, 2018
i'm waiting for like 5 minutes and still nothing, netcat says that there is a connection tho.

mercury501

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 29, 2018
i'm waiting for like 5 minutes and still nothing, netcat says that there is a connection tho.
I just got it twice in a row, which site are you using on the ps4? I used darksoftware's, the pen was in the rightmost port and once I flashed the big partition I opened the drive in gparted, unmounted, selected the partition and from the partition menu ran a check to fill the rest of the drive.

edit : three times in a row, altough very very slow and the third time it didn't load properly, it was missing the top bar and everything.

Last edited:

motorolah

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 28, 2018
what do you mean by "which site are you using on the ps4"?
i used GParted to format the drive but it asked me with which partition table i wanted to format it and i selected "msdos", then i created the 100mb FAT32 partition and i used DD to burn the initramfs, and after that i created the ext4 partition using the rest of the HDD space and i used dd on that for the system image.
then i connected it on the rightmost port on my PS4 and i opened the user's guide, i clicked on 5.05 and selected Mira, then the "Awaiting Payload" screen apparead and now i'm trying to push the payload.

mercury501

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 29, 2018
all correct I think, the only difference is I expanded the filesystem with the gparted thing from my last post.

edit:don't push it twice in a row, reopen the browser each time and use the payload in the first post. It's cool and all, but I can't stress enough how unusable and slow it is xD
anyway did you check compatibility? https://twitter.com/valentinbreiz/status/947864073085079552

motorolah

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 28, 2018
yes, i have the CUH-1116A.

mercury501

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 29, 2018
yes, i have the CUH-1116A.
in that case, I think I wrote everything I did. as of now it's too slow to do anything remotely useful, out of hours of tries and formats and yada yada yada all I got was a "heh, cool." that's it xD
edit:the only other thing is it worked every time on ubuntu desktop, before I was using a raspberry