• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Tutorial PS4 Phat/ Slim/ Pro Linux Loader 5.05: Manjaro Linux PS4 [v2]

Vinnpinn

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 28, 2018
The port you told us to use is wrong. 9998 is just listening for Mira, you have to use 9020 to push the payload. Also, try to disable the custom DNS server, never seemed to work for me when I used them. I did launch the payload from my phone using the PS4 payload sender that's part of the Mira companion. After I launched the payload it took about a minute and it either shut down my PS4, or booted Linux.

Canna

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 2, 2018
I EDITED THE LINES A LITTLE TO GET BETTER TRANSFER RATES

Step one, gathering the files:

***Hidden content cannot be quoted.***

Step two prepping your drive. USB 3.0 drives are recommended

1. open GPARTED
2. select your drive
3. remove all partitions
4. create a 100mb fat32 partition at the start of the drive
5. create a ext4 partition with the remainder of your space

Step Three, Copy images to your drive.

1. The kernel needs to be imaged to the fat32 partition. make sure you find out what the usb is, aka partition is sdb1 = fat32 and partition 2 is sdb2 = ext4
Use the dd command like so:
sudo dd if=/home/user/ps4linux/Linux_kernel_initramfs_PS4.img of=/dev/sdb1 status=progress

2. once finished copy the system image to the ext4 partition:
sudo dd if=/home/user/ps4linux/Manjaro_Ps4_System-V2.img of=/dev/sdb2 status=progress

this will take a bit so wait.
These commands were slow transferring for me so i changed the line a little and got into the mbs instead of kbs transfer :/
Hope this helps someone as it cheered me up i know that :)

sudo dd if=/home/user/ps4linux/Linux_kernel_initramfs_PS4.img
bs=4M of=/dev/sdb1 bs=4M
status=progress

sudo dd if=/home/user/ps4linux/Manjaro_Ps4_System-V2.img bs=4M of=/dev/sdb2 bs=4M status=progress

Step Four, Set up netcat in ubuntu.

1. On your Ubuntu/ Linux machine run:
sudo apt install netcat

Step Five, launching Mira to prep for the payload

1. Go to Network settings DNS settings
2. Primary to 165.227.83.145 and the Secondary DNS to 108.61.128.158
3. save network settings
4. go to system settings
5. open user manual
6 select 5.05
7. select mira
8. go back to system settings

Now if you want to send a custom payload like linux loader
1. Open user manual back up
2. select 5.05
3. select mira
It will now say waiting for payload

Step Six, Now send the linux payload

1. Make sure you have your newly formatted usb plugged into the back usb port if pro and in the front right usb port if slim or phat

2. Go to your ubuntu machine and open a terminal in the directory where you have your PS4-Linux-Loader-5.05.bin

3. Now we send the payload with:
nc -w 3 192.168.1.68 9998 < linux_505_payload.bin

nc stands for netcat, -w 3 is your options, the ip address is your ps4's ip address, 9998 is the port the ps4 is open and gives you a debug read out and lets you send the payload via netcat, the < points at the payload aka linux_505_payload.bin in this example.

Step Seven, Hurry up and wait.

This can take a few minutes to load. If your ps4 light is flashing (Blue, violet, Blue) its loading.

If it turns solid white try it again.

If it turns off your system it may not be a supported hardware revision.

Step Eight. Logging in.

Change the language and keyboard to english from french:***Hidden content cannot be quoted.***

Change your user password with the command: passwd

What this includes:

Here's what preconfigured distribution provides, multiple remote access solutions have been built in and enabled by default for easy debugging and provisioning:

-Integration of all the contributions / patches of the Psxita team that they took again since the GPU patches of the team fail0verflow

-Kernel Linux 4.9 patched by Eeply for Panasonic MN864729 bridge (latest version with unification of different models of PS4)

-Boot automatic on Manjaro x64 (based on the initramfs of the old fedora PS4 version)

-Last updates included (23/04/2018) [Manjaro 17.1.8 Gnome x64]

-SSH enabled by default, access via a PC on the same local network

-X2Go server (Mate only!) Enabled by default, local / remote access to a desktop session via X2Go client on Linux or Windows.

-Suppression of the LXDE desktop environment

-Suppression of KODI

-Suppression of VLC (in favor of SmPlayer)

-Suppression of Virtualbox (useless until nobody has worn the kernel-headers since the sources of Bzimage delivered by Eeply)

-Suppression of Chromium (double use with Firefox, extremely efficient since the Quantum update)

-Teamviewer 13 preinstalled. (Remote access to desktop session)

-Gnome office environments, Mate.

-Firefox (customization of black extensions and themes, anti-Ublock origin integration, "Startpage" integration), Thunderbird, LibreOffice, Gnote, Smplayer, Filezilla, XCFA, Handbrake.

-Emulators: Feux (NES) / Nestopia (NES) / Snes9X (Super Nes) / Yabause (Sega Saturn) / PCSXR (PsOne) / PCSX2 (PS2) / PCSSPP (PSP) / Redream Dreamcast / Reicast (Dreamcast) / CEMU (WiiU) / Dolphin (GameCube / Wii) / DesMume (Nintendo DS) / Game Boy Advance (MGBA), RetroArch (multicore of many game consoles)

-Steam

-Interpreter Wine Staging Nine + PlayOnLinux, to simply install games and Windows applications in Linux, without emulation, natively.

- Azerty Preconfiguration / Integral French.

-Integration of Solaar software to support Logitech unifying dongles.

-Flatpak (integration of the universal package system, but need to have kernels-headers to use it, waiting for a contribution therefore)

-Integration of the swap dynamic management (swap file), activated by default, however to preserve the flash memory of your USB keys, you can disable it "sudo systemctl disable swapspace && sudo systemctl stop swapspace"

-Integration of multiple extensions in Gnome-Shell (including disk activity, network throughput, management of sound cards, application killer on the fly ...)

-Integration of the Nemo file explorer instead of Nautilus

-Installation of audio player "Audacious" (support for multiple effects + extra stereo + native 8/16 bit gaming music formats)

I will be adding photos in the morning.[/QUOTE]

hpzx

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 14, 2018
thx

bobross82

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 3, 2018
Would a wireless USB keyboard work? Specifically, a logitech k830?

Thekidiacs101

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 16, 2018
it says no such command, looks like the raspi by default doesn't have a firewall, moreover I can use other payloads on the same network with my phone.
As for the error i can't replicate it anymore but it was absurdly long, couldn't even get far enough to the line where i launched the command. as for python it looks like it wasn't running from the top command.
Thank you

BataBo

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 16, 2018
Resolved

Last edited:

tehdexmodz

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 1, 2018
i have a CUH-2015a i click mira first that goes sucessfully but when i do the Linux loader it stays circling and does not do anything

mrdee

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 13, 2018
terima kasih

abdullah2320

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 17, 2018
thx

BataBo

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 16, 2018
Thank @codemasterv for this tutorial it is great,but i find this tutorial overcomplicated so i made an easier version that can be installed from windows.

You will need

1. PS4 linux loader
2.My linux image
3.Rufus(2.18 and below)
4.NetCat GUI
5.Usb stick(16gb and above)
6.Usb keyboard and mouse
7.Usb hub(optional)

Tutorial:

1.Download my image
Tutpic1.png

2.Extract the image
Tutpic2.png

select all and click Extract files...
Tutpic3.png

check Keep broken files(it will still work)
Tutpic4.png

Enter the password
Password is:
Hidden content
My user name
Go get a burger this will take a while

If it says that a file is corrupted don't worry it'll sitll work

2.Mount image onto usb
Open rufus

Under device select your usb
Next to "Create a bootable disk using" select dd image
Tutpic5.png

Go to disk image next to "DD image" and select file that you extracted

Click start

Go get another burger this will take a while

3. Running linux on ps4

After image is mounted onto your usb plug it into your ps4

Before you send your exploit to ps4 make sure resolution is set to(720p or 1080p,it your resolution is set to 1080i it won't work)
to change resolution go to setting->Sound and Screen->Video output setting->Resolution

Now that you've set your resolution go to mod menu

Click original

When awaiting for payload... screen appears open NetCat gui

Tutpic6.png

Type ip4 adress of your ps4,set your port to 9020,and drag ps4 linux loader below ip4 adress and above inject payload button

click inject payload

And wait

after this there are three possible outcomes:

if it turns blue violet blue it works
if it crashes your device you did not configure resolution so do that
if it turns solid white try again

3.Log in
Hidden content
Logging in:
User: PS4
Password: 1
This system will be in french if you want to change language to english you can find tutorial below

Hidden content
This does not work on CUH2015a and CUH2015b

If you have usb stick with more than 16gb go to page 5

If you found this tutorial confusing this is my first time so don't jugde me.
If my pictures go offline notify me.
Would you like me to compile more linux images?

Last edited:

DanielMOD

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 1, 2018
Thank you so much batabo!

BataBo

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 16, 2018
i have a CUH-2015a i click mira first that goes sucessfully but when i do the Linux loader it stays circling and does not do anything
You have to download bin from the link @codemasterv provided if you want linux to work.Linux loader from exploit page doesn't work.

DanielMOD

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 1, 2018
Would a wireless USB keyboard work? Specifically, a logitech k830?

If it's plug and play than yes :)

My Chinese TV box mouse+mini keyboard works, no reason it won't work

tehdexmodz

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 1, 2018
You have to download bin from the link @codemasterv provided if you want linux to work.Linux loader from exploit page doesn't work.
i know i injected it still did not work

BataBo

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 16, 2018
Well what happens when you inject it?

Last edited:

chapas

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 29, 2018
@BatBo, thank you!
I haven't been able to run Linux after so much tries, but i fount your post and worked flawlessly on first try.
If it's not asking to much could you do a release of http://releases.ubuntu.com/releases/18.04/ with Kodi v17.6 "Krypton" just to give it a try?

Best regards

BataBo

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 16, 2018
Dear @chapas since kodi is some kind of movie streaming app as far as i know and those kind of apps require internet connection but ubuntu(on ps4) cannot acess internet if you just want to watch movies install Manjaro linux or Psxita.

Last edited:
Reactions: tecniqueza

tecniqueza

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jul 7, 2018
BataBo Congratulations thanks for sharing, I have tried several times to start linux on CUH-7116B without success, does this package work?

Chreech

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jul 12, 2018
Thank @codemasterv for this tutorial it is great,but i find this tutorial overcomplicated so i made an easier version that can be installed from windows.

You will need

1. PS4 linux loader
2.My linux image
3.Rufus(2.18 and below)
4.NetCat GUI
5.Usb stick(16gb and above)
6.Usb keyboard and mouse
7.Usb hub(optional)

Tutorial:

1.Download my image
Tutpic1.png

2.Extract the image
Tutpic2.png

select all and click Extract files...
Tutpic3.png

check Keep broken files(it will still work)
Tutpic4.png

Enter the password
Password is:

Go get a burger this will take a while

If it says that a file is corrupted don't worry it'll sitll work

2.Mount image onto usb
Open rufus

Under device select your usb
Next to "Create a bootable disk using" select dd image
Tutpic5.png

Go to disk image next to "DD image" and select file that you extracted

Click start

Go get another burger this will take a while

3. Running linux on ps4

After image is mounted onto your usb plug it into your ps4

Before you send your exploit to ps4 make sure resolution is set to(720p or 1080p,it your resolution is set to 1080i it won't work)
to change resolution go to setting->Sound and Screen->Video output setting->Resolution

Now that you've set your resolution go to mod menu

Click original

When awaiting for payload... screen appears open NetCat gui

Tutpic6.png

Type ip4 adress of your ps4,set your port to 9020,and drag ps4 linux loader below ip4 adress and above inject payload button

click inject payload

And wait

after this there are three possible outcomes:

if it turns blue violet blue it works
if it crashes your device you did not configure resolution so do that
if it turns solid white try again

3.Log in

This system will be in french if you want to change language to english you can find tutorial below

If you found this tutorial confusing this is my first time so don't jugde me.
If my pictures go offline notify me.
Would you like me to compile more linux images?
So we don't need bzImage and initramfs.cpio on the usb drive? Just need to make bootable disc using Manjaro v2 image file?