• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

PS4 Jailbreak Tutorial Noob Friendly

adzx

DKS Member
Retired staff
Mar 9, 2018
This is a simple 4 step tutorial on how to jailbreak your PS4

For this tutorial you will have 2 options either host your own exploit on your PC or use the Official Darksoftware site.

Requirements:
Al Azif's exploit Host (for hosting locally) Get it Here.
2. An exploitable PS4 on FW 4.05 Or 4.55 (you can get the FWs Here).
3. A windows/Linux PC ( if youre hosting locally).
4. Optionally you can connect your PS4 via Ethernet cable for added stability.

Note: To keep this tutorial as simple as possible i will only be covering the windows way of local Hosting.

Steps:

1. Setup Al Azif's Host on your PC (skip this step if you prefer to use the Darksoftware site)
This is as simple as extracting the .zip file you downloaded from github to your prefered location and running the "ps4-exploit-host.exe" file. You might get a firewall notification to which you should click Allow.
Then you will get this Screen:
upload_2018-3-19_22-47-39.png

Note that it specifies your DNS IP, this is the IP we're going to setup later on the PS4.
In my case its: 192.168.50.27 this is my local IP address.
With that we have setup the Local Host on our Windows PC.

Note: in some rare cases Antivirus may detect Al Azifs host as a virus, this is a false positive and you antivirus might delete the files so its recommended to disable or add an exception to your antivirus.
Setup your PS4s network connection either via wifi or LAN cable.

In case you never connected a PS4 to a network you go to Settings/Network/Setup Internet Connection.

In this page select Custom
upload_2018-3-19_22-41-51.png
Then click OK until you get to the DNS Settings section here you will pick "Manual"
011.jpg

Now we're going to input our local DNS IP in my case its 192.168.50.27 and leave secondary DNS empty or if you plan to use the Darksoftware site you can use Al Azif's DNS set the Primary to 165.227.83.145 and the Secondary DNS to 108.61.128.158 or visa-versa.

This will block your PS4 from trying to connect to PSN and download updates.
Continue setting up the Network Connection untill you get to the "Test Network Connection" message.​

3.1 Go to Settings/User's Guide and Helpful info/ and pick Users guide.
Since we modified the DNS setting this will take us to the exploit page (Al Azifs for now).
You will see a screen like this:
upload_2018-3-19_23-10-16.png

Here you will pick your currently installed Firmware be it 4.05 or 4.55.
Then you will see the available payloads for your FW version.

First you will choose Browser Enable to allow access to the internet browser even if you're not signed in to PSN.
b601b61e-35eb-4539-9cb6-b9b7074f16c5.jpg

Selecting Enable Browser also means that next time you run the exploit you wont have to go all the way to User's Guide to access the exploit.
You may also click Hen if you want to enable FPKG installing and FPKG loading.
Or FTP if you want to access your PS4's HDD via FTP.
Original if you want to Send the Payload Manually from softwares like NetcatGUI.
3.2 Exit the User's guide and go to your home and open the browser.
Now you can choose if you're going to use the Darksoftware Site or keep using AlAzif's host.
if you're hosting locally the exploit page will load automatically.
Or you can type "ps4exploits.darksoftware.xyz/" to use the Darksoftware and again pick your firmware and payload of choice.

Be aware that you might get error like "Not Enough System Memory" this is normal just try again until you get the "Youre all set!" Message
9fd9a28b-0e07-4074-91ea-66f4b9f61897.jpg
4. Profit? once you get that message your PS4 is exploited and you can proceed to install FPKGs Games/Updates or play your already installed FPKG games.

Just remember that you must load the exploit each time after a reboot or if you had your console off.

Feel free to ask any questions either here or on the Official Discord Server for Darksoftware

Credits to:
Al Azif, qwertyuiopz, Lightning Mods and all the Darksoftware Staff.(more credits to be added soon as i remember them)

Last edited:

Ps4_note676

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 9, 2018
Nice tutorial

Reactions: adzx

Jolafrite

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 9, 2018
Thx for your tuto :mariobanana:

Enma Zone

Vibes from Aden Yemen
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Mar 9, 2018
@adzx .. you forgot something important .. step zero is noobs have to install latest Python in order to be able to run Al-Azif's ...

adzx

DKS Member
Retired staff
Mar 9, 2018
talked to Al Azif, python is NOT required to run the exe. cause it already includes the python runtime but thanks for the observation

Reactions: Enma Zone

Enma Zone

Vibes from Aden Yemen
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Mar 9, 2018
good clarification .. thanks

zakx56

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 22, 2018
do i have to use al azif exploit host because i am not that good with pc or there is another way

adzx

DKS Member
Retired staff
Mar 9, 2018
do i have to use al azif exploit host because i am not that good with pc or there is another way
you don't NEED to use the host, you can use the site with al azifs DNS and not even require a pc. only con is its far more stable(less out of memory errors) hosting locally that using the site

matek

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 23, 2018
How should we copy FPKG game (larger than 4GB) from FAT32 USB drive to PS4?

adzx

DKS Member
Retired staff
Mar 9, 2018
Dont use fat 32, ps4 is compatible with exfat which does not have that limit

vytas9425

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 18, 2018
Maybe someone can tel me how to inject payloads to PS4 4.55? I'm always getting error that my PS4 not reachable.

matek

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 23, 2018
@adzx Thanks. Can we install FPKG games directly to USB HDD instead of PS4 internal drive?

Reactions: khaled5ra

adzx

DKS Member
Retired staff
Mar 9, 2018
@adzx Thanks. Can we install FPKG games directly to USB HDD instead of PS4 internal drive?
yes you can with a payload tho you will still need the app.pkg on the internal as a "shortcut" to run the game and you require atleast 4.55 with a decent USB 3.0 drive for it to be playable. perhaps that will be my next tutorial.

Maybe someone can tel me how to inject payloads to PS4 4.55? I'm always getting error that my PS4 not reachable.
how are you sending the payloads? which software are you using? are you sure you have the correct IP to your PS4? also remember that you have to run the "original" option and stay in the browser to send your desired payloads

vytas9425

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 18, 2018
I tried with Netcat and PS4 payload sender that supports 4.55.
When I press Original, do I have to wait till it's ready or it should stuck in loading?
IP is corrent, do I have to change DNS or somethng?

adzx

DKS Member
Retired staff
Mar 9, 2018
when you press original you have to wait until it says "you're all set" and send the payload while still on the browser, also make sure to use port 9020

vytas9425

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 18, 2018
when you press original you have to wait until it says "you're all set" and send the payload while still on the browser, also make sure to use port 9020
Thx, problem was IP address, changed to other IP and payload loaded instantly through PS4 Tool for Android.

matek

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 23, 2018
Do FPKG games must be on root on USB HDD (can PS4 payload find .pkg files through folders)?
Can we change the .pgk filename before we install it?

adzx

DKS Member
Retired staff
Mar 9, 2018
the HAVE to be on the root of your drive and yes you can change the name to wateveryouwant.pkg

Sandancer

Uploader
Apr 1, 2018
I see a 5.01-5.05 at 3.1 of this tutorial, does that mean my PS4 is exploitable my firmware is on 5.03, and from what ive seen on various other sites there aint a exploit out for 5.01-5.05. BTW looks a very nice tutorial aswell. :)

MistaAlCapwn

Uploader
Mar 9, 2018
I see a 5.01-5.05 at 3.1 of this tutorial, does that mean my PS4 is exploitable my firmware is on 5.03, and from what ive seen on various other sites there aint a exploit out for 5.01-5.05. BTW looks a very nice tutorial aswell. :)

There is likely a private exploit for 5.00+, but it's not publically available.

Reactions: Sandancer