• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.

Why isn't there any PS3 Games thread? Can't the PS4 handle PS3 games?

Sam Daniel

Fire Member
DarkSoftware Silver
Jun 19, 2018
Sorry guys, N00b question - But am I the only one here wondering why there isn't a thread for FAKE PS3 Games. I do see there's a bunch for PS4 games and also for PS2 Games. But why not PS3?

Is the PS4 Not capable of running PS3 games at all - Or something the Jailbreak can unlock ( if so, why isn't there a thread for it )

I'm confused! Please let me know :D

Foxworth

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 11, 2018
PS4's cannot handle PS3 game emulators. Even high end PC's struggle with EMU's for it. The hardware architecture is the problem and the PS4's just don't have the horsepower. Perhaps the PS5 will? We'll see. Many PS2 games can run on natively on PS4's. The PS4 had the feature for PS2 built in but Sony decided not to turn it on. Thanks to Jailbreaking, we now can play the fake packages for PS2's. Perhaps the Moderator is the one to ask why there is no PS3 forum.
-Peace

윤희지

관리자
Staff member
Forum Admin
Mar 10, 2018
Seoul, South korea
Sorry guys, N00b question - But am I the only one here wondering why there isn't a thread for FAKE PS3 Games. I do see there's a bunch for PS4 games and also for PS2 Games. But why not PS3?

Is the PS4 Not capable of running PS3 games at all - Or something the Jailbreak can unlock ( if so, why isn't there a thread for it )

I'm confused! Please let me know :D
There are no official FPKG PS3 games yet.

Reactions: Sam Daniel

alepman

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 8, 2018
PS4 has no cell

Mikey420

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 11, 2018
PS3 is only capable via the PSnow functions. bassically the game is streamed to you from a remote source that does all the work. Its bassically remote play over the internet. Sony hosts the game and machinery that proccesses and renders the game before streming the results to your device. the device sends the control comands back to the server as a remote control. in short its pretty much PS3 Remote Play on Steroids..... So no you cant play PS3 on a PS4.... It may however be possible to make a toolset for jailbroken PS3/4s to allow one to do a similar thing..... though at this point you may as well just play the game on your ps3......

Sam Daniel

Fire Member
DarkSoftware Silver
Jun 19, 2018
PS4's cannot handle PS3 game emulators. Even high end PC's struggle with EMU's for it. The hardware architecture is the problem and the PS4's just don't have the horsepower. Perhaps the PS5 will? We'll see. Many PS2 games can run on natively on PS4's. The PS4 had the feature for PS2 built in but Sony decided not to turn it on. Thanks to Jailbreaking, we now can play the fake packages for PS2's. Perhaps the Moderator is the one to ask why there is no PS3 forum.
-Peace

Thanks! But Haha this might be silly. But isn't the more recent PlayStation device supposed to be better than the previous? To say PS4 doesn't have the Horsepower of a PS3. Did Sony take a step back? What's happening here!

Sam Daniel

Fire Member
DarkSoftware Silver
Jun 19, 2018
There are no official FPKG PS3 games yet.
Do you think there might be? I do have a few PS3 game discs with me. With the WebKit Exploit - Reckon they'll Run?

Sam Daniel

Fire Member
DarkSoftware Silver
Jun 19, 2018
PS3 is only capable via the PSnow functions. bassically the game is streamed to you from a remote source that does all the work. Its bassically remote play over the internet. Sony hosts the game and machinery that proccesses and renders the game before streming the results to your device. the device sends the control comands back to the server as a remote control. in short its pretty much PS3 Remote Play on Steroids..... So no you cant play PS3 on a PS4.... It may however be possible to make a toolset for jailbroken PS3/4s to allow one to do a similar thing..... though at this point you may as well just play the game on your ps3......

I own a PS4, I've done the WebKit Exploit - Did see so many PS2 games out and available but nothing of PS3 games. Pretty much what brought me to the question. But thank you for your answer!

윤희지

관리자
Staff member
Forum Admin
Mar 10, 2018
Seoul, South korea
Do you think there might be? I do have a few PS3 game discs with me. With the WebKit Exploit - Reckon they'll Run?
Who people have made PS2 Emulator from a PS4. It was by flat_z.

Mikey420

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 11, 2018
As was stated the PS4 doesnt have the Power needed to emulate the PS3. Rmulation often requires a ton of power to pull off unless the architecture of the emulated device is extremely close to the device emulating it.. The PS4 architexture is way different than that of the PS3's CELL chip meaning it would have to emulate just about every aspect of the PS3 hardware to be able to run PS3 games. While not impossible to expect an emulator that would actually run at full speed on the PS4 is simply impossible.

Reactions: Sam Daniel