• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

The data from the following application is corrupted. PS4 Fat, Hen 1.8

Rhava

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jan 12, 2019
Hey,

I have a PS4 fat with 500GB internal HDD with 5.05 firmware and I use an external 1TB USB 3.0 HDD formatted to exfat to install fpkgs.

I have installed firstly god of war 4, which runs nice and have been playing that for quite some time.

The problem is that, whatever I choose new to install it gives me this error after I try to run the game after it finishes the installation:

“Cannot continue using the application. The data for the following application is corrupted. Delete the application from the PS4, and then download it again from [Library] on the homescreen.”

What games I tried installing, but after it finishes the installation process, when trying to run them gave me this error were: Nier: Automata 1.06, Horizon Zero Dawn, Witcher 3 GOTY.

What i tried so far:

1) Deleting the game from the PS4 menu then reinstalling it using HEN.
2) Tried downloading from another source, no success. Same error encountered.
3) Tried using a different, USB 2.0 160 GB external HDD formatted to exfat, still the same error encountered.
4) Checked the PKG file integrity with PS4 Package Viewer which completed successfully.

What I’ve noticed is that games take long to install onto the ps4, upwards to 3 hours, is that normal? I don’t recall that God of War taking that long to install and its my only successful installation so far.

Currently I have 2 games installed, God of War - which runs nicely and Nier: Automata - Which refuses to run because of this error. I’ll attach some screenshots with the error, ps4 menu and my Storage.

I am new to jailbreaking, therefore I am afraid to delve into safe-mode and try any of its options before i am sure what my console has.

Thank you!

EDIT: I've discovered the error code. It is CE-30005-8. Uploading a picture with it.

FXN8hTq.jpg

gVqsMZ7.jpg

6ij2PdA.jpg

HGHGvn9.jpg

7mdFx2e.jpg

CyNpW9D.jpg

Last edited:

m0nadpr0xy

Yes, I'm a girl...
Retired staff
Jul 10, 2018
Very recently (two days ago actually) I lost around 1.52 TB of PlayStation 4 game backup FPKG files. First it started off with getting CE-30005-8 errors while trying to install the FPKG files from my external HDD. Later on the HDD would refuse to show any files on the PS4 and the filesystem turned into RAW (when checking it on a Windows PC). I checked the HDD with CrystalDiskInfo and it was mostly absolutely broken in a irrecoverable way.

I tried Recuva and EaseUS Recovery Wizard Professional to recover the PKG files. No real luck for me. Both applications showed the PKG files but any recovered PKG file was useless because it was absolutely broken leading to CE-30005-8 errors during installation again. Even a small ~200 MB PKG of Minecraft came out broken after recovery process. So the disk was so badly damaged that everything it contained was broken.

Research regarding CE-30005-8 reveals either a broken BD drive which of course wasn't the case as I installed from a external HDD. But CE-30005-8 also stands for a broken HDD (internal and/or external). So of course it made sense that I got all the CE-30005-8 errors as the HDD with the PKG files was totally messed up.

Now leading up to your post. The PS4 internal HDD where the games are being installed to might be broken but I think that might not be it as God of War still works. Your external HDD with the PKGs could be broken or the PKG files could be broken. So you are getting CE-30005-8 errors during installation. The funny thing is that even though you got the error the games partially get installed and you see them on the screen but you can't play them. You get this kind of errors or other errors. On my side the partially installed games showed a download bar with a cross in it for basically a broken installation/download of the title which made sense.

TL;DR: check the health of your external HDD where you store your PKGS. You can use software like CrystalDiskInfo to check it. Yes, I did read that you tried a different disk. The thing about checking integrity of PKGs is that I think the tools are useless. I knew that I had a broken PKG and checked it. The tool says everything ok... PKG doesn't install. And another tool I used would say every PKG is broken but everything installed absolutely fine and worked.

The worst could be really that the internal 500 GB PS4 HDD is broken and God of War is the only game that is on good HDD sectors hence why it is still working.

Last edited:

Rhava

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jan 12, 2019
m0nadpr0xy Thank you for your reply!

After the whole morning fiddling with it, and another 6 hours of failed game installation (yes, it took that long to "install" a 40 GB game on the internal HDD), I've managed to successfully install 3 games by using HEN 1.7 ps4-hen-vtx (Journey - 2GB, Dying Light - 12 GB, and the same old Nier: Automata 1.06 - around 40 GB) using the extended storage feature offered both by PS4's operating system and the above hen, therefore managing to bypass its internal HDD and letting games directly install on the 1TB external HDD.

This "solution" makes me sure of the fact that the internal HDD of the console is compromised (wish i would've known before i bought it) but until I get to buy a new one, it allows me to use the console.

What I describe myself is that I'm lucky that the PS4 homebrew scene has amazing support, people that thought of everything and more when releasing the payloads.

Reactions: Belafontep

m0nadpr0xy

Yes, I'm a girl...
Retired staff
Jul 10, 2018
Great to hear you found a solution for yourself already. Sounds like the internal HDD might really be a goner. I know it takes time to install huge games but 6 hours for a 40 GB game is overkill and surely indicates massive issues with the internal HDD if everything else worked fine.

You got your console used? Always a risk when buying used consoles. I also got mine used but thank god everything was working fine. Just took it completely apart twice to clean it properly and reapply thermal paste on the APU. You can buy a new 2.5" HDD and install it into the PS4. It will require a OS reinstallation though with the 5.05 recovery PUP file. No need to buy a new PS4.

Rhava

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jan 12, 2019
Yes, I did buy my console used since I had issues finding a lower than 5.05 or lower firmware, and didn’t pay much for it either.

I plan on taking it apart and cleaning it thouroughly aswell but I don’t trust my abilities enough to reapply the thermal paste on the APU, yet.

I will buy a new HDD in the near future too, what kept me from it, was understanding what the issues were, and what I had to do to fix it. Now i learned that a compromised HDD can still work under specific circumstances.

rustomen

Request PS2 Games To Me
Uploader
Jun 12, 2018
Yes, I did buy my console used since I had issues finding a lower than 5.05 or lower firmware, and didn’t pay much for it either.

I plan on taking it apart and cleaning it thouroughly aswell but I don’t trust my abilities enough to reapply the thermal paste on the APU, yet.

I will buy a new HDD in the near future too, what kept me from it, was understanding what the issues were, and what I had to do to fix it. Now i learned that a compromised HDD can still work under specific circumstances.
Don't use hen 1.8 unless you're using remote package installer.

m0nadpr0xy

Yes, I'm a girl...
Retired staff
Jul 10, 2018
@rustomen

Why? I'm using HEN 1.8 and it works perfectly fine. Less kernel panic than HEN 1.7. Not using the remote package installer of it though. Installing through Package Installer from external HDD.

seanp2500

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 12, 2018
Don't use hen 1.8 unless you're using remote package installer.

I just recently switch to hen 1.8 and within weeks i had an extended storage drive start showing signs of corruption. May I ask what led you to say this?

rustomen

Request PS2 Games To Me
Uploader
Jun 12, 2018
I just recently switch to hen 1.8 and within weeks i had an extended storage drive start showing signs of corruption. May I ask what led you to say this?
Because i'm pretty sure 1.7 is more stable than 1.8