• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

[Solved] A Problem with Database rebuilding 9.00

internal

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 26, 2019
I'm currently on firmware 9.00, I have about 5tb of game on a external HDD when I launch golden hen v2 there was a point that it crashed and restarted into safe mode. The ps4 then went on to rebuild its database.

That said, when i got back into the main menu only 1/800 game was showing. I looked online and saw that I should just run hen then unplug and re-plug the external HDD and it should then reload my game i figured okay lets do that. After about 2 hrs nothing changed still the same issue.

Nest step was using https://github.com/aizenar/PS4_db_Rebuilder_EXT/releases/tag/v0.1i database rebuild it only updates about 200/900 games.
I was thinking that this happens because I'm using and my firmware is at 9.00 and the re-builder only runs at 7.55.

So now I'm sitting here with about 200 of very old games and not the ones that i recently downloaded. Does anyone know what steps i could take to hopefully fix this issue?

Edit: to clarify the external harddrive is the thing that has the issue as all my games were stored there. Unplugging and re-plugging it hasn't worked.

Solution Here:
EDIT: https://darksoftware.net/threads/ho...p-stored-on-external-hdd-firmware-9-00.45941/

Last edited:

TurboLolo

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jan 22, 2021
Some time ago I had same problem (internal 4TB HDD) all my games disappear (all games fPKG - 303 games) after an error lunching GoldHEN 2.0b. If you didn't make a DataBase backup, you are **** up. At the moment you can only add all games manually by DB Browser for SQLite, but it going to be a pain in the ass (900 games) or wait for proper DB Rebuilder for 9.00.

Reactions: internal

internal

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 26, 2019
Some time ago I had same problem (internal 4TB HDD) all my games disappear (all games fPKG - 303 games) after an error lunching GoldHEN 2.0b. If you didn't make a DataBase backup, you are **** up. At the moment you can only add all games manually by DB Browser for SQLite, but it going to be a pain in the ass (900 games) or wait for proper DB Rebuilder for 9.00.

internal

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 26, 2019
"At the moment you can only add all games manually by DB Browser for SQLite "

Will this work for the external harddrive? After a quick Google I found sqlite but how do I use it to find things?

seanp2500

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 12, 2018
Man so many people use poor words to describe this. It's laughable. hey man I would be happy to help you. But I can't understand what you have typed. So on ps4 right. There are 2 ways to load games from usb. There is:

1. App2USB (basically moves games from internal hd to external by running a payload)
2. Extended Storage (built in sony method. pkg installed via debug settings by changing install location)

Tell me which one are you? hahaha. Cause depending on which one it depends how you fix this okkkkkkk....

internal

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 26, 2019
Man so many people use poor words to describe this. It's laughable. hey man I would be happy to help you. But I can't understand what you have typed. So on ps4 right. There are 2 ways to load games from usb. There is:

1. App2USB (basically moves games from internal hd to external by running a payload)
2. Extended Storage (built in sony method. pkg installed via debug settings by changing install location)

Tell me which one are you? hahaha. Cause depending on which one it depends how you fix this okkkkkkk....
External sorry for my poor wording of my issue. Tried to be as descriptive as possible lol

seanp2500

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 12, 2018
External sorry for my poor wording of my issue. Tried to be as descriptive as possible lol
yeah still unclear. both app2usb and external storage use an “external drive” right? but whatever. let’s say you used external storage. FOR EXTERNAL storage there is no true script. The script is for internal. So this is why you only got a few games back right. Now if the external storage drive loads at all you can go to it’s app folder and at least retrieve the pkg from there. But it is very confusing from what you provided. When you go to devices and usb storage devices does it still have a green light and report it is being used as extended storage? that is so unclear from what you posted…

internal

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 26, 2019
yeah still unclear. both app2usb and external storage use an “external drive” right? but whatever. let’s say you used external storage. FOR EXTERNAL storage there is no true script. The script is for internal. So this is why you only got a few games back right. Now if the external storage drive loads at all you can go to it’s app folder and at least retrieve the pkg from there. But it is very confusing from what you provided. When you go to devices and usb storage devices does it still have a green light and report it is being used as extended storage? that is so unclear from what you posted…
Yes when I go to devices and scroll to extended USB harddrive it is still there and shows its being used as app installation point.

It also shows that it has 5.7tb being used out of 7tb.

If I open it up in that menu it only shows one game inside using 5gbs. The rest is unaccounted for.

seanp2500

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 12, 2018
ok you sort of answered me. so it sounds like it is an extended storage drive. notice i am being very specific in my questions to you. I asked if you went to devices. then usb storage devices. i asked if you see the drive there and if it has a green light and reports it is being used as extended storage.

the install location is shown under "storage" not "devices" so you completely blew that simple set of instructions. remember only way to help you is by you following instructions.

so try to follow those instructions and tell me if it has a green light. think of that as the ps4 considers it valid external storage and that it is working properly. if so. then I recommend forcing a repair of the extended storage. basically just unplug it without stopping it first. if it is working properly you should notice that when you plug it back in you will get a prompt that the external hd was not disconnected properly blah blah. it will ask to repair.

MAKE SURE WHEN YOU RUN THIS REPAIR THAT YOUR PS4 IS RUNNING HEN. NOT MIRA I SAID HEN.

For 5tb this could take over 20 minutes.

also the repair would not be done once the bar is complete. look for a hdd symbol in the top right of the screen to start flashing and basically wait till it stops.

Now the weird thing about what you are describing is that you can't see the icons of the games at all? Normally if this happens right. The icon is there but it has an exclamation mark and if you try to launch it will get a message that the data is corrupted. Can you clarify this? Basically after database rebuild all the icons were gone is this right? Also can you confirm that the only icons you have back were games installed on the internal and not extended storage? If this doesn't restore the games and icons the database might be indeed borked and you may have to manually set the games to visible in dbbrowser in order to get them to be playable again. Not impossible but annoying. You didn't give proper info here to be helped to be honest with you. Answer some of these things to figure out the best course of action.

Last edited:

internal

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 26, 2019
ok you sort of answered me. so it sounds like it is an extended storage drive. notice i am being very specific in my questions to you. I asked if you went to devices. then usb storage devices. i asked if you see the drive there and if it has a green light and reports it is being used as extended storage.

the install location is shown under "storage" not "devices" so you completely blew that simple set of instructions. remember only way to help you is by you following instructions.

so try to follow those instructions and tell me if it has a green light. think of that as the ps4 considers it valid external storage and that it is working properly. if so. then I recommend forcing a repair of the extended storage. basically just unplug it without stopping it first. if it is working properly you should notice that when you plug it back in you will get a prompt that the external hd was not disconnected properly blah blah. it will ask to repair.

MAKE SURE WHEN YOU RUN THIS REPAIR THAT YOUR PS4 IS RUNNING HEN. NOT MIRA I SAID HEN.

For 5tb this could take over 20 minutes.

also the repair would not be done once the bar is complete. look for a hdd symbol in the top right of the screen to start flashing and basically wait till it stops.

Now the weird thing about what you are describing is that you can't see the icons of the games at all? Normally if this happens right. The icon is there but it has an exclamation mark and if you try to launch it will get a message that the data is corrupted. Can you clarify this? Basically after database rebuild all the icons were gone is this right? Also can you confirm that the only icons you have back were games installed on the internal and not extended storage? If this doesn't restore the games and icons the database might be indeed borked and you may have to manually set the games to visible in dbbrowser in order to get them to be playable again. Not impossible but annoying. You didn't give proper info here to be helped to be honest with you. Answer some of these things to figure out the best course of action.
Yes there is a green light next to the Extended storage drive.
I will go ahead and run hen then unplug and replug it in.
To clarify for you the icons didn't disappear when i used the DB rebuilder they disappeared after the ps4 crashed when trying to run goldenhen v2 after i booted it back up i noticed that everything was gone.

Honestly I cant confirm where the games that i do have were installed from. They dont show up in the internal storage and they dont show up in the external when i look in either.

Last edited:

seanp2500

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 12, 2018
jeez make sure you read my comment i had to edit it. you might be in luck but hard to tell. so right now you want to run hen right. unplug the external storage drive. force repair. then look for that hdd indicator light. do you see one blinking in top right? if so just let it do it's thing.

please clarify if the games that have returned already are located on internal or the extended storage external usb drive.

internal

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 26, 2019
I am waiting for the repair to be done. It is blinking in the top right corner.

Honestly I cant confirm where the games that i do have were installed from. They don't show up in the internal storage and they don't show up in the external when i look in either.

internal

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 26, 2019
As i can't open the application folder on the internal hdd. And when i open the application folder on the external usb hard drive they don't show up there either.

seanp2500

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 12, 2018
the blinking light is a good sign i hope i am right eventually towards the end of the repair you should notice the external games just start "popping" in! Let's keep our fingers crossed!

the games that you have that are there you just have to check their info. it does tell you where they are. but don't worry about that right now. i don't think you know how to open the application folder. it's ok. let's see what happens with the repair ok.

internal

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 26, 2019
the blinking light is a good sign i hope i am right eventually towards the end of the repair you should notice the external games just start "popping" in! Let's keep our fingers crossed!

the games that you have that are there you just have to check their info. it does tell you where they are. but don't worry about that right now. i don't think you know how to open the application folder. it's ok. let's see what happens with the repair ok.
Ok thank you for your patience, the icon is still blinking in the top right of the screen. I am just staying on the main screen not doing anything right now.

internal

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 26, 2019

:naisu:GOODNEWS Everything Came back!!!:jynSUH:
Thank you SEANP!!

seanp2500

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 12, 2018
That is how a plan comes together! Now go right/write the tutorial for how I helped you do that and help others! Then edit it into your opening and say solved! This is how you restore fpkg on external storage on 9.0 brought to you by internal!

Remember! Knowing is half the battle!

internal

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 26, 2019
Alright I will write the steps to clearing this issue also edit this post as solved and put you as the fixer lol

internal

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 26, 2019
That is how a plan comes together! Now go right/write the tutorial for how I helped you do that and help others! Then edit it into your opening and say solved! This is how you restore fpkg on external storage on 9.0 brought to you by internal!

Remember! Knowing is half the battle!

Alright tutorial is up let me know if i need to edit anything

seanp2500

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 12, 2018
Alright tutorial is up let me know if i need to edit anything
try this:

How to restore External Storage Games & Apps on 9.00

If you're like me you had a crash when booting into golden hen 9.00 and all your games disappeared from your library and main menu, but your usb storage is still occupying the same space. Have no fear your games haven't been wiped from your storage, they're just hiding because they're scared.

Steps to Restore Games & Apps.

1. Navigate to settings then > devices > USB Storage devices and check if your storage device is listed and if it has a green light next to it. If not that's ok. Look for it once your repair is done to ensure it is working properly.

2. Exploit and launch Gold Hen not MIRA

3. Once you're running Gold Hen 9.00 Unplug your external USB then plug it back in. There will be a prompt to repair the External USB HDD go ahead and repair it.

4. You'll notice In the top right of the screen there will be a flashing white storage icon. Wait until that is done flashing (depending on how many games you have it can take quite some time).

5. Once the icon is done flashing you should see the time again instead. Navigate to your library and if your lucky your games will be there once again!

Hopefully this helped you out with your external storage games! Note if you repair your EXTERNAL without launching Gold Hen 9.00 your games wont show.

Big thanks to Seanp2500 for his help solving this issue.

Reactions: jamesbond