• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.

PSA: Don't rebuild your database

MortalClaptrap

Banned
Uploader
Jun 7, 2018
I rebuilt my database earlier to try and recover a corrupted Persona 5 save. It **** up the database and made all of the fakepkg games disappear completely from the library along with the "purchased" section. I found a way to unfuck it, but it takes SEVERAL hours. Use the FTP payload on your PS4 and connect to it from FileZilla. Then go to user/app and download every fkpg there to your PC. Once you do that, copy those PKGs to an external hard drive and install them on your PS4. I've spent a couple hours doing this so far, and it seems to work.

This won't be an issue if you backup your database obviously, but I was a dumbass and didn't back it up.The moral of the story is this; Backup your **** database, and install your PKGs to an external HDD or SSD. If you're wondering why this is taking so long for me to do, it's because I'm not using ethernet, and I have a 64GB USB thumb drive. I'm installing the PKGs to my PS4 one at a time. Hopefully this will stop someone else from **** up and not backup their crap.

MortalClaptrap

Banned
Uploader
Jun 7, 2018
So I finished reinstalling my crap, and it **** up my licenses. My purchased section is completely empty, and installing legit PKGs of games I own doesn't work. RIP

deedie

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 20, 2018
my ps4 shut off randomly a couple of days ago, and when it restarted it rebuilt the database on its own.

everything was were it should have been, and worked fine.

MortalClaptrap

Banned
Uploader
Jun 7, 2018
It's hit or miss, sometimes it will **** up your crap, back up your database.

Oxeres

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 7, 2018
I had same story but all my pkgs are in an external hdd.
When console shut down it’s ok, recover everything, but when YOU command a database rebuild you loose all that was installed. I don’t know why but it’s like that.
Morality NEVER command a database rebuild !!

Reactions: MortalClaptrap

Legon93

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 28, 2018
You must save your app.db before rebuild the database

Reactions: JackM9007

WOWKent

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 19, 2018
^ What these guys said. Back up your app.db. You didn't loose everything, its still there, you just need to replace the new rebuilt app.db with your back up.