• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Tutorial How To Upgrade your nintendo switch to firmware 13.0.0

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
Anyone migrating from SX OS. feel free to ask me anything relating making your migration easy.
Thank you as always. You make the upgrade process smooth as butter!
thanks for your input. it makes me wanna keep going

Reactions: Sunnyboy

blakmass

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 23, 2020
some of the pics arent loading in the steps.....also how long does following this guide take?

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
some of the pics arent loading in the steps.....also how long does following this guide take?
pics only show you the step thats written down. if you follow directions it should be straight forward

the time it will take you is relative to you and you only.

it takes me 10 minutes to update, it takes other people 40mins

Reactions: blakmass

rachelrush

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Feb 26, 2020
Hi, thanks for the guide - you make it seem so simple even an idiot like me can understand it :)

A couple of questions, if I am using this for the first time should I create an emunand before updating? Also, as this will be a new sd card I won't have any games installed so how do i access the homebrew app?

Thanks in advance for all your help! rx

Reactions: DorianX

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
Hi, thanks for the guide - you make it seem so simple even an idiot like me can understand it :)

A couple of questions, if I am using this for the first time should I create an emunand before updating? Also, as this will be a new sd card I won't have any games installed so how do i access the homebrew app?

Thanks in advance for all your help! rx
thanks for your input.

1) games are stored in your SD/nintendo folder. since this is a brand new card NO you wont have any games, MAKE SURE you format your sd card to FAT32 as is the MOST STABLE

2) yes this guide IS compatible with new SD cards. no problem

3) Emuanand? well yes and no,
yes if you want to create a emunand
no if you dont want to create an emunand you can just run it as is in your synand.

either way it will work no matter what you choose

Reactions: rachelrush

blakmass

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 23, 2020
Wow....after deleting those 3 files at the begining my SD card has become unrecognizable. My luck is terrible. Is there anything I can do?

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
Wow....after deleting those 3 files at the begining my SD card has become unrecognizable. My luck is terrible. Is there anything I can do?
what do you mean unrecognizable? like unrecognizable by your computer ?
those 3 files have nothing to do with your PC recognizing your SD card or not.

you would need to be more specific as to what you are doing and what step you are in

blakmass

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 23, 2020
what do you mean unrecognizable? like unrecognizable by your computer ?
those 3 files have nothing to do with your PC recognizing your SD card or not.

you would need to be more specific as to what you are doing and what step you are in
I know it doesnt have anything to do with it...just bad luck.

I just deleted those 3 files and my sd unmounted or something and now its not showing up. And I tried it in my Switch and the Switch wont power on with the sd inserted.

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
I know it doesnt have anything to do with it...just bad luck.

I just deleted those 3 files and my sd unmounted or something and now its not showing up. And I tried it in my Switch and the Switch wont power on with the sd inserted.
switch wont boot because those files are missing. might as well replace them with the files o provided in the guide and your switch will boot for sure. regarless of what firmware you are on

rachelrush

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Feb 26, 2020
thanks for your input.

1) games are stored in your SD/nintendo folder. since this is a brand new card NO you wont have any games, MAKE SURE you format your sd card to FAT32 as is the MOST STABLE

2) yes this guide IS compatible with new SD cards. no problem

3) Emuanand? well yes and no,
yes if you want to create a emunand
no if you dont want to create an emunand you can just run it as is in your synand.

either way it will work no matter what you choose
Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply! If I have no games how would I access the homebrew app? rx

EDIT: Oh, one other question, sorry! If I format the card to FAT32 how would I install games bigger than 4gb?

Last edited:

Wekd

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Feb 27, 2020
Anyone migrating from SX OS. feel free to ask me anything relating making your migration easy.

Hi I need some help if possible.
I want to keep my old SX OS Firmware 11.0.1 on sysnand
I want to only update the latest atmos to my emunand
If i follow your method, this should work right?

Thank you

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
Hi I need some help if possible.
I want to keep my old SX OS Firmware 11.0.1 on sysnand
I want to only update the latest atmos to my emunand
If i follow your method, this should work right?

Thank you
yes this works for that.

Azrial

Midlife Gamer
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Dec 23, 2019
Good old Blighty
Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply! If I have no games how would I access the homebrew app? rx

EDIT: Oh, one other question, sorry! If I format the card to FAT32 how would I install games bigger than 4gb?
You can still access the homebrew app via the photo gallery, and games over 4GB can be installed fine over USB, personally I use exfat though, and I've never had a problem with it.

Reactions: rachelrush

rachelrush

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Feb 26, 2020
You can still access the homebrew app via the photo gallery, and games over 4GB can be installed fine over USB, personally I use exfat though, and I've never had a problem with it.
Thanks! On my sxos I've always used exfat and it's been fine but then again i don't use emus...

Reactions: Azrial

Squall

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 28, 2018
Atmosphere and Daybreak.nro will be used to upgrade

In this tutorial I will show you how to upgrade to firmware 13.0.0 for that Sweet Bluetooth connectivity without burning fuses. I also made an allinonepackage rar file . It contains everything you will need. i.e { sigpatches, fuseeprimary, hekate bootloader, Daybreak homebrew app and even the FIRMWARE file} you DO NOT NEED TO look for sigpatches. they are included already

This tutorial will be made with the safest method possible. Daybreak.nro i will NO longer user ChoidjourNX. in other words the file you will download will only be compatible with daybreak.

How to prepare for the update : DO NOT Proceed if you havent done this
1) make sure you uninstall any themes you might have installed with themeinstallerNX
BEFORE proceeding ahead. if you havent installed any themes go ahead without worries.
2) if you have a game cartridge INSIDE your switch take it OUT.
3) If you have any tesla modules or cheats well disable.

on with the tutorial below

[Hidden content]
[Hidden content]
Enjoy.

Things you should know about​

IF you want to play game cartridges your sysnand and emunand have to be in the SAME FIRMWARE VERSION

here is a picture of Tinwoo homebrew app in case you people dont know
Hi Dorian,
The 'all in one package' link seems to be broken.

Could you possibly reupload?
Thanks a bunch for your awesome guides!

EDIT-
Nvm, got it working. Probably was a problem on my end, sorry.

Last edited:

David166

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Oct 25, 2020
Could I apply this tutorial to an old SD card, which is 128 GB, and use a 256 GB one to continue using SX OS?

Is it better to have a single SD card for both features? If so, where can I find that tutorial?

Thanks a lot in advance.

RQR486

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Nov 3, 2019
Hey! Thanks for the guide but I'm having some trouble...

I replaced all my files and I'm able to boot back up and run Daybreak but it can't seem to use the Firmware 13.0.0 files no matter where I place them.

It keeps telling me
"Failed to get update information.
Result: 0x00234a02"

[EDIT] I figured out the problem.

It was my computer's fault. Mac OS creates hidden files that Daybreak does not like. I was able to resolve this by opening up the NX-Shell app on my switch and manually deleting all the files at the top of the list that started with ._

Hope this helps someone :)

Last edited:

philltery

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Feb 22, 2020
Thank you, great tutorial as usual.

If anyone wants to enable the gamecard, here are the instructions I got from a reddit post:
"copy stratosphere.ini from atmosphere/config_templates to atmosphere/config/ and set nogc to 0"

NynrahGhost

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 1, 2021
Hi @DorianX12,

My Switch runs Atmosphere CFW with Firmware version 11, but since I didn't do the mod myself the prospect of updating to a new firmware version was quite intimidating to me. This tutorial goes a long way in helping me through this and it's much appreciated. I do got some questions, though.

1) My Switch is the Mariko model with a mod chip, so no RCM whatsoever. In step 3 and 4 you mention TegraRCMGUI and payloads. Does this always applies or only to Switches who use RCM or exploit the vulnerability in the Tegra chip to run CFW?

2) Is the scope of this firmware update process is limited to the SD card or are things changed on the Switch itself as well? The reason I'm asking is because I will want to make the proper back-ups before updating the firmware. I'm not sure whether a back-up of the SD card's contents will suffice or whether I'd need to make some kind of NAND or EmuNand back-up (I launch emuCFW in Hekate).

My apologies if these are newb questions, but then again, I am wet behind the ears when it comes to stuff like this.

smtbjk1903

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jan 20, 2021
guys i have a problem pls help i upgrade the firmwarwe to 13.1 and add the new hekate atmosphere datas, when i start hekate and launch atmosphere it show the icon from atmosphere it starts and then i become a blackscreen and can do nothing