• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Check out: DKS-Discord
  • Forum - DKS is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Tutorial How To Upgrade your nintendo switch to firmware 13.0.0

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019

LATEST 13.2.0 GUIDE IS HERE
https://darksoftware.net/threads/ho...line-without-burning-fuses.45950/#post-170891

Atmosphere and Daybreak.nro will be used to upgrade

In this tutorial I will show you how to upgrade to firmware 13.0.0 for that Sweet Bluetooth connectivity without burning fuses. I also made an allinonepackage rar file . It contains everything you will need. i.e { sigpatches, fuseeprimary, hekate bootloader, Daybreak homebrew app and even the FIRMWARE file} you DO NOT NEED TO look for sigpatches. they are included already

This tutorial will be made with the safest method possible. Daybreak.nro i will NO longer user ChoidjourNX. in other words the file you will download will only be compatible with daybreak.

How to prepare for the update : DO NOT Proceed if you havent done this
1) make sure you uninstall any themes you might have installed with themeinstallerNX
BEFORE proceeding ahead. if you havent installed any themes go ahead without worries.
2) if you have a game cartridge INSIDE your switch take it OUT.
3) If you have any tesla modules or cheats well disable.
4) Remember: I test this on my own units first. before I provide any files. I use the most stable versions . even if there is higher firmware out there I will most likely NOT update this guide as long as this is the most stable. i DONT want to make guides and a bunch of you get whatever problem is associated with newer versions. also remember. all games and all homebrew apps WILL work just fine on firmware 13.0.0 as they do on 13.1.0. I will only update this guide when something major comes along.

on with the tutorial below

Hidden content
To see this hidden content, you must like this content.
Hidden content
To see this hidden content, you must like this content.
Enjoy.

Things you should know about​

IF you want to play game cartridges your sysnand and emunand have to be in the SAME FIRMWARE VERSION

here is a picture of Tinwoo homebrew app in case you people dont know

Last edited:

mirnes84

DKS Member
May 31, 2018
Tnx again, but you are missing files in the all in one package, there are these folders: sd, payloads, firmware 13.0.0
No PC folder
[automerge]1632812821[/automerge]
Tnx again, but you are missing files in the all in one package, there are these folders: sd, payloads, firmware 13.0.0
No PC folder
Also it seems that some files are missing in the SD folder

Last edited:

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
No PC folder
[automerge]1632812821[/automerge]

Also it seems that some files are missing in the SD folder
I just checked my upload and its 335MB in size.
it contains the firmware.

also there is NO PC folder due to the fact that its named Payloads. the PC folder used to contain the tegrarcm but by now everyone has it already so I just left the name PAYLOAD.

Also the Septh folder is no longer needed since the 1.0.0 atmosphere.

corrections have been made in the guide . thanks

Last edited:

teacuplolo

DKS Member
DKS Member
Oct 5, 2020
so i'm getting stuck at the tegra explorer part. i use the rcmloader to launch the switch and i have no way to connect the switch to my pc. What should i do in this situation?

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
so i'm getting stuck at the tegra explorer part. i use the rcmloader to launch the switch and i have no way to connect the switch to my pc. What should i do in this situation?
1) update the files inside your RCMloader. but for that you need a computer

if you cant user a comperter here is a work around
2) use your phone as a payload sender. there is an app in the android store (google it)

teacuplolo

DKS Member
DKS Member
Oct 5, 2020
i did update the rcmloader with the bin you provided. should i launch fuslee in the payloads section of hekate? i don't know where to update the fuslee file you provided

edit - i also have to mention that my system is currently at 10.2.0. should i update this? should i update this by turning on the switch normally?

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
i did update the rcmloader with the bin you provided. should i launch fuslee in the payloads section of hekate? i don't know where to update the fuslee file you provided

edit - i also have to mention that my system is currently at 10.2.0. should i update this? should i update this by turning on the switch normally?
you can launch the Fusee-primary.bin file I provided from ANYWHERE: hekate, RCMloader, your phone. your computer ETC etc.

if your system is 10.2.0 you do NOT need to update atmosphere.
you only update atmosphere if you are on a new firmware example 13.0.0

teacuplolo

DKS Member
DKS Member
Oct 5, 2020
i updated my atmosphere and my rcm loader without backing it up with your files. now if i do want to update my system so this version of atmosphere works what do i have to do?

i'm so sorry.. i think i screwed up and i don't know what to do. son was so sad when i put him to bed lol

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
i updated my atmosphere and my rcm loader without backing it up with your files. now if i do want to update my system so this version of atmosphere works what do i have to do?

i'm so sorry.. i think i screwed up and i don't know what to do. son was so sad when i put him to bed lol
no you havent messed anything up. you are good. the only reason why you need backup is for "just in case" most of my backups end up being deleted anyway since i have no use for them

whenever you are ready to update to 13.0.0 you should be good.

teacuplolo

DKS Member
DKS Member
Oct 5, 2020
oh so should i just update my switch the regular way? turn off airplane mode and update like that?

jimbone007

DKS Member
DKS Member
Feb 21, 2020
thanks for the tutorial! In the instructions it says to select fw 12.0.1 should we be selecting fw 13 here? the end of the tutorial says we should have the newest firmware but my switch says I have 12.0.1. also all my forwarders for retroarch wont work. any idea why?

Last edited:

Kanji

DKS Member
DKS Member
Jul 13, 2021
So my switch is updated now, but it won't connect to my headphones for some reason. My headphones do connect to my vanilla switch and other devices though. Is there anything I can do about this?

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
thanks for the tutorial! In the instructions it says to select fw 12.0.1 should we be selecting fw 13 here? the end of the tutorial says we should have the newest firmware but my switch says I have 12.0.1. also all my forwarders for retroarch wont work. any idea why?
thanks its fixed now. you were correct

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
So my switch is updated now, but it won't connect to my headphones for some reason. My headphones do connect to my vanilla switch and other devices though. Is there anything I can do about this?
everyone elses connects fine. make sure your headphones arent connected to another device already when trying to pair them

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
oh so should i just update my switch the regular way? turn off airplane mode and update like that?
technically you can update both ways.
I do it offline in order to avoid a ban from the big N

teacuplolo

DKS Member
DKS Member
Oct 5, 2020
just an update. i figured it out all out and used your guide and it worked! I just appreciate all the help. Thank you so much!

Reactions: DorianX

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
just an update. i figured it out all out and used your guide and it worked! I just appreciate all the help. Thank you so much!
great i am glad you are now on the latest firmware. it should last you a long ass time before any games require you to update again.
and you have bluetooth connectivity to your headphones . how cool is that

Evilone

DKS Member
DKS Member
Feb 15, 2020
Thank you, just got my switch running from SXOS 3.10 to AMS 1.1.1 with your nice tutorial :)

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
Thank you, just got my switch running from SXOS 3.10 to AMS 1.1.1 with your nice tutorial :)
your comments is much appreciated I am glad you were able to update and will be able to play newergames

ipavoyager

DKS Member
DKS Member
May 31, 2018
Thank you as always. You make the upgrade process smooth as butter!