• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Currupted DB after FTP savegame

bleemster

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jul 20, 2018
What ive done:

I have a ogirinal PS4 5.05 jailbroken
backed up by the official way
backed up also by the jailbreak way
Games are a mix of disk and fpkg
took hard drive out
put new 2tb hard drive in
tried to restore via ftp copying the two folders on the USB root to the newly installed fresh HDD. Took a fair whack of time as i got shed loads of save data.
It finishes and i go back to the playstation screen, exit out of the FTP loaded screen and BANG DB currupted MUST REBOOT
Reboot
Forces a DB rebuild
loads the PS4 desktop
All games ive installed from fresh have disappeared (but the HDD is still showing as that data is used)
I check the data usage for the backup data and it shows 20mb ! (blatently wrong)
Reinstall the game and there is no save data

What am i doing wrong here folks, i read you tube comments and people are saying "thanks, life saver, etc"

Some things ive noticed in threads is the username is different? or the second someone says ive formatted the drive after the backup, people jump in and say "youve lost it for good" but i still have the old hard drive, that ive plugged back in and savedata and games all sat there perfectly fine waiting for me.

I am happy to redo everything again based on anyones suggestions, but surely i can just do sometthing as simple as copy a savegame somewhere else?!?!?!? format the new HDD and start fresh again? Im sure i got a HDD cloner in the loft somewhere - might dig that out while someone suggests something else :)

Many Thanks in advanced

:Lee

Last edited:

Hansika Motwani

Legendary Member
Uploader
Apr 17, 2018
What ive done:

I have a ogirinal PS4 5.05 jailbroken
backed up by the official way
backed up also by the jailbreak way
Games are a mix of disk and fpkg
took hard drive out
put new 2tb hard drive in
tried to restore via ftp copying the two folders on the USB root to the newly installed fresh HDD. Took a fair whack of time as i got shed loads of save data.
It finishes and i go back to the playstation screen, exit out of the FTP loaded screen and BANG DB currupted MUST REBOOT
Reboot
Forces a DB rebuild
loads the PS4 desktop
All games ive installed from fresh have disappeared (but the HDD is still showing as that data is used)
I check the data usage for the backup data and it shows 20mb ! (blatently wrong)
Reinstall the game and there is no save data

What am i doing wrong here folks, i read you tube comments and people are saying "thanks, life saver, etc"

Some things ive noticed in threads is the username is different? or the second someone says ive formatted the drive after the backup, people jump in and say "youve lost it for good" but i still have the old hard drive, that ive plugged back in and savedata and games all sat there perfectly fine waiting for me.

I am happy to redo everything again based on anyones suggestions, but surely i can just do sometthing as simple as copy a savegame somewhere else?!?!?!? format the new HDD and start fresh again? Im sure i got a HDD cloner in the loft somewhere - might dig that out while someone suggests something else :)

Many Thanks in advanced

:Lee

Follow the tutorial posted HERE