• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

[VERY IMPORTANT] 5.05 Savegame/DB DESASTER recovery after FULL data loss (worst case!)

Christian287

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Dec 7, 2019
(Very important to get ALL available experts here !! - Many thanks in advance !!)

Good Morning @ll,

I'm Chris from Germany and for the last few days, I lost all nervs that I had...

Initially, I was looking for a 1.50 Fake-Update-Patch for my Witcher 3 game (CUSA-01439). However, due to the fact, that it was impossible to find one, I simply wanted to convert the affected Savegame into the new GOTY edition (CUSA-05573) using the following tutorial:

After a few hours of performing troubleshooting, I was finally able to connect to the PS4 using the "PS4 Save Mounter" tool (version 1.5) and I successfully got the Savegame list. However, I performed a short reboot of the PS4 console beforehand to be able to start from scratch.

Afterwards I ran the HEN payload again, but unfortunately, the PS4 console crashed and ran into a
DRAMATIC DESASTER... it was suddenly no longer possible to get the PS4 back online again due to the following error:

"Cannot start the PS4. Cannot access system storage. CE-34335-8"

I tried to rebuild the database, but it was no longer possible to reach the Recovery menu :( The HDD is fully broken and can no longer be recognized on a PC system.

Thus, first of all, I decided to buy a new hard disk (2 TB Samsung SSD instead of the previous 2 TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD) and re-install the whole system (including the 5.05 firmware).

Now, the PS4 is back online again with its new drive and now, for the last 8 hours, I'm vainly trying to restore all savegames first (following by copying all PS4 games back to the console).

Fortunately, beforehand, I have created a savegame backup using the "Backup" payload of the Al Azif exploit section as follows:

* DB-Backup => /system_data
* UserData => /user

While trying to copy these folders back to the console, I ran into further issues as shown below :(

The following tutorial have been used:

Furthermore, due to the system re-installation, the folder ID has changed from "13405a40" to "167c8e67" as you can see at the screenshots. Am I right that this is causing issues in general... ?

However, I was able to fix them by copying every single file (instead of the whole folder!).

Then, after another reboot, the PS4 has finally recognized all savegames again, but it has concurrently lost the two test games I have installed before :(

I was also able to fix this issue by rebuilding the database using the following "python3 fix_db.py" script:

After another reboot, the test game (Witcher 3) was shown again. Furthermore, the name of the affected savegame has changed from "Unknown" to the regular game title:

=> so I decided to start the game for test purposes with a full of tension... Unfortunately, it was not successful again... the following error is now shown:

"Corrupted Data. Cannot load the saved data because it is corrupted."

Could you please tell me, how can I successfully restore my savedata backup? I do no longer have
power from now... One more time I have tried to rebuild the database within the Recovery menu, but without success.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks.
Chris

Reactions: Muhib

RexXxy

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 23, 2018
If you still had that file on system it would *likely* be possible to use 'Save Mounter 1.5' to mount that save.

This is my idea:

Make a new user account on your system .
Now need to use Offline Account Activator and
now you'd need to find your original account ID (that's a 16 number/letter PSN User ID that will be with your old save) if you'd made a legit console save backup you would have it!
PS4/SAVEDATA/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/CUSA05574. You'd use the X's which will be the ID to use with offline account activator.
Or I heard you can find it signing into PSN online with a web browser and checking the web page source (that's what Modded Warfare said other people had done in one of his vids on offline account activator)

Create it.

Use save mounter 1.5
Mount that user that you just created save with save mounter.
Get games list and hopefully you'll be able to mount your save.
(Which is then now decrypted) copy it to your PC with FTP.

This last step - is to copy save to the goty edition.

Then make a new save in the game and then use save mounter to mount that save and then copy your save via FTP again to overwrite this new save.

Hopefully that works.

Last edited:

satelman

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 9, 2018
I tried to use HEN and had the very same dramatic disaster as you (broken hhd) and I had a 2 TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD too! (coincidence? I don't think so)

Now I have a 2TB Western Digital hard drive and so far so good. (Hope this one lasts.)