• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Tutorial Updating to 5.05

Mogi_Codemasterv

USA #1
Retired staff
Apr 7, 2018
The Sun
UPDATING TO 5.05

1. Format USB 3.0 storage to EXFAT.

2. Create directories on that drive like so "PS4>UPDATE" IT IS IMPORTANT THAT THE NAMES ARE IN CAPS! ( So that's a folder on the root of the drive named "PS4" and a folder inside the PS4 folder named "UPDATE".)

3. Download the 5.05 firmware update from . You want to download the retail firmware for 5.05.

4. Once downloaded place the "PS4UPDATE.PUP" file on the USB stick inside the "UPDATE" folder.

5. Now that the update file is on your USB stick insert the stick into the PS4 and also plug your ps4 controller up via a USB cable to the system. power it up by holding the power button until you hear a beep, once you hear the beep, let go of the power button.

6. once the recovery screen boots up select option number 3 "UPDATE FROM SYSTEM SOFTWARE" then "UPDATE FROM USB STORAGE DEVICE" you will then see a screen saying to connect the removable media with the update file, click OK.

7. The system will now copy the update to internal storage then after it will update the systems firmware. and then you're on 5.05. :)

8. Go to to see how to load mira and sending custom payloads with netcat
  9. Go to to see how to install FPKG's
If you are already on 4.55 and you get the error CE-30778-5 when updating.

Launch the FTP payload on your PS4

Start your FTP client on your PC

Navigate to the update directory

Delete all the files in it.

Restart the 5.05 update process.

Ask questions if you have any

Last edited:

nWa_ShortY_nWa

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 4, 2018
This answer completely on my questions in the other forum :) Thanks a lot

Reactions: Mogi_Codemasterv

hydraxon

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 24, 2018
If you get "ce-30780-8" error, then try using a different Pendrive.

shubham8686

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 6, 2018
getting error???

darkestweb

shadyxv
회원 | Member
Mar 12, 2018
thank

darkestweb

shadyxv
회원 | Member
Mar 12, 2018
thank

Joe Karnauskas

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Apr 15, 2018

Joe Karnauskas

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Apr 15, 2018
not working a bunch of garbage appears on my screen when trying to dl 5.05 from link above

Mogi_Codemasterv

USA #1
Retired staff
Apr 7, 2018
The Sun
not working a bunch of garbage appears on my screen when trying to dl 5.05 from link above
Mind telling me the error? Im more than happy to assist.

Could be your USB device is not supported or you might have update blocker pup hanging out in your updates directory.

I need some more info if you would like assistance

islam elshamy

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 12, 2018
New
Thanks

rvelho

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 30, 2018
thank you so much

Amir Sultan

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 31, 2018
UPDATING TO 5.05

1. Format USB 3.0 storage to EXFAT.

Create directories on that drive like so "PS4>UPDATE" IT IS IMPORTANT THAT THE NAMES ARE IN CAPS! ( So that's a folder on the root of the drive named "PS4" and a folder inside the PS4 folder named "UPDATE".)

Download the 5.05 firmware update from***Hidden content cannot be quoted.***. You want to download the retail firmware for 5.05.

Once downloaded place the "PS4UPDATE.PUP" file on the USB stick inside the "UPDATE" folder.

Now that the update file is on your USB stick insert the stick into the PS4 and also plug your ps4 controller up via a USB cable to the system. power it up by holding the power button until you hear a beep, once you hear the beep, let go of the power button.

once the recovery screen boots up select option number 3 "UPDATE FROM SYSTEM SOFTWARE" then "UPDATE FROM USB STORAGE DEVICE" you will then see a screen saying to connect the removable media with the update file, click OK.

The system will now copy the update to internal storage then after it will update the systems firmware. and then you're on 5.0
    Go to***Hidden content cannot be quoted.***to see how to load mira and sending custom payloads with netcat
    Go to***Hidden content cannot be quoted.***to see how to install FPKG's
If you are already on 4.55 and you get the error CE-30778-5 when updating.

Launch the FTP payload on your PS4

Start your FTP client on your PC

Navigate to the update directory

Delete all the files in it.

Restart the 5.05 update process.

Ask questions if you have any
My first try ever with the Jailbreak .. Thanks

The Expndble

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 2, 2018
Question. Does it have to be an empty usb?

WereWolfMan

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 3, 2018
Aaahoo!

Grandsoloist

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 20, 2018
Thank you for the tutorial! Please forgive me if this is a really dumb noob question, if I update from 4.55 (I haven't done the exploit yet) to 5.05 from the retail list, can I still leave the system unexploited for the time being? (I want to try some of my newer games without doing the jailbreak for now)

Thank you again! (And again, so sorry if this is a silly question)

mdragon

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 30, 2018
I already have patch 5.55 file downloaded but not installed. I am currently at 5.03. Will 5.55 file affect process? When I put USB with 5.05 file it is reading it, but I don't want to accidently to go beyond 5.05.

Grandsoloist

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 20, 2018
I already have patch 5.55 file downloaded but not installed. I am currently at 5.03. Will 5.55 file affect process? When I put USB with 5.05 file it is reading it, but I don't want to accidently to go beyond 5.05.
I read somewhere that 5.55 downloaded will take precedence over 5.05 on a memory drive. So, if/when updating, the system will install 5.55. On the thread I read, someone said you are to delete the 5.55 download in order to update. (?) Just what I read...

mdragon

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 30, 2018
Thanks mate, I will try to delete 5.55. Better to be safe.

Update: Is there any tutorial about how to delete patch file? I found only those for already jailbroken consoles.

Last edited: