• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Should I update to 9.00

zorgh

DKS Member
Banned
Jun 10, 2019
Dear all,
I am the happy owner of a PS4 Fat with 5.05 firmware.
Since I am a little tired to wait for and to install backports and to spoof the firmware, I was wondering if it worth to update my console to 9.00
I have tried also a PS4 slim with 9.00 and the available jailbreak procedure seems efficient ; the use of the USB stick is not so hard to do.
My question is: should I update my PS4 5.05 to 9.00? What do you think?
Thank you

Leolapi4

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Sep 8, 2020
Definitely positive. Why not? I have got five PS4 Pro with all firmwares jailbroken ever since 5.05 just for collection, but play only on 9.00.

Last edited:
Reactions: zorgh

Johan34

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Aug 22, 2018
Jip 9.00 is stable at the moment

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
with 9.0 is stable enough . BUT
you need to use the USB every single time you want to rejailbreak. ( noobs complained about it )

also sleep mode works (most of the time) be prepared for PS4 to kernel panic from sleep from time to time. when that happens you need to rejailbreak with USB.

on the positive side no need to wait for backports

your choise. do your homework, compare

zorgh

DKS Member
Banned
Jun 10, 2019
Many thanks for your tips, guys.
In the meanwhile, I have realized that some of the new games needs FW above 9.00 and I have no idea how to spoof with JB 9.00
To avoid risks and keep it simple, eventually I went for another solution.... Bought second PS4 with FW9.00 ;-)

Leolapi4

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Sep 8, 2020
Caution, man! That's the solution I used to follow every time the next firmware was jailbroken. So I've got five PS4 Pro now)

윤희지

관리자
Staff member
Forum Admin
Mar 10, 2018
Seoul, South korea
Stay with 5.05 is more stable, exploitable, homebrew, stuff than 9.00, I recommend you to use spoofer or wait for backport new game.

If you want to upgrade to 9.00 then it's your choice.

Leolapi4

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Sep 8, 2020
Stay with 5.05 is more stable, exploitable, homebrew, stuff than 9.00, I recommend you to use spoofer or wait for backport new game.
I think you just have not enough experience with 9.00 or have not at all. However it seems you are experienced with waiting for backports and with recommend doing that to other people either. Good dog..

Last edited:

윤희지

관리자
Staff member
Forum Admin
Mar 10, 2018
Seoul, South korea
I think you just have not enough experience with 9.00 or have not at all. However it seems you are experienced with waiting for backports and with recommend doing that to other people either. Good dog..
If that is so, Everyone's own opinion can update or stay their own choice. This means you have a decision to do before you watch YouTube would recommend you to update or just stay. There are a few pros and cons to the 5.05 and 9.00 versions.

yiannisb

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Dec 11, 2018
I am on 5.05 and have the same problem...

yiannisb

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Dec 11, 2018
I will stay on 5.05 It is enough stable for now .Thanks