• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Save Game Backups 'Corruption' Error

Octopus3535

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 15, 2018
My save game is not actually corrupt. As far as I can tell my ps4 doesn't recognize it. One day I got bored and I was messing around with my Skyrim save, and I used the DB dackup tool and backed up all my games. I had a lot of saves, worth about 3gb, so I did on initial back of everything, and then delete all my saves on my ps4 except Skyrim. This way i can keep reuploading my save and dumping it faster. I then continued to try and edit my Skyrim save with no success, so I gave up and just started playing the game. I made a lot of progress and forgot about my old back ups. I then went ahead and install 3 new games the next day, and played a little bit of skyrim. Then I remembered that I needed to restore all my games other saves. I did this (with ftp) except for Skyrim's save because the one on ps4 is newer. Things that happened after that:
1. The 3 new games icons where missing, not a problem I keep all my PKG files,
Reinstalling them tells me there already installed, and I just continue and the icon comes back.
2. I decide to continue with skyrim, but it says my save game is corrupted even tho I just played on it?
I haven't touched it. The only thing I can think of is that when I restored the rest of my saves when I restored the file with save games database, my Skyrim saves did not coincide with file, causing it to be unrecognized and therefore corrupt
3. I try renaming my Skyrim saves and same as the old one to hopefully just fix it, it didn't work
4. My old saves work, but they're so old I don't want to go back to them

I'm basically looking for anyway to get my saves to work, modifying the save games database for them to be recognized, merging the old saves with new to trick the ps4 and continue, or just load the saves somehow. It looks like the saves are encrypted some how but there is a matching .bin file with a key. So if I could decrypt my saves and merge them that would be helpful.

Octopus3535

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 15, 2018
Never mind i fixed it some how

zvqyt

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jul 10, 2018
How did you fix it?

Octopus3535

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 15, 2018
How did you fix it?
I'm trying to remember how I fixed it, but I don't remember exactly what i chnaged, but after i got it to load it was telling me that i didnt have enough space to save, even though i did, and it would sometimes save anyways. I was able to overwrite saves as well. Then i edited on of size settings in the savedatabase.db or whatever its called and it didnt give that error anymore and just works. I'm not saying that i un-corrupted something, because i knew my saves were fine, so i found one that worked and it loaded.