• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

[Q] Question regarding recovery PUP on 5.05 PS4 noBD with possibly HDD with bad sectors.

dikejs71

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 1, 2020
Hi guys, newbie here. I bought 4.07 PS4 few days ago, updated to 4.74 and then updated to 5.05 through injector and 4.74noBD->5.05 patch. Everything was great except when I started installing pkg games, problems appeared. It seems that the HDD I bought with console was somehow partly **** up and I didn't checked this before attempting to use updater 4.74noBD->5.05.

I'm planning to buy new HDD and throw out the trash I'm with currently.

Do you think I will be able to use USB and recovery PUP file for 5.05 onto new HDD after switching hard disks, or will the official system software update will stop me from putting fresh 5.05 on new HDD because of the broken blu ray?

From what I realized, the daughter board of blu ray drive is not the one stock one so it's substituted, and the blu ray itself is also not working properly.

Also I heard that sometimes removing cables on blu ray helps to update but I'm 99% sure it's only for lower firmwares. By the way, I don't know which one cause I see 4 of them in daughter board.

Can anyone please give me ay advice? Very appreciated, thx.

Last edited:

Cedsaill

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 25, 2018
your ps4 is on 5.05 actually? yes.. juste change hdd and install the full systeme update( recovery) 900mb for install syteme

or if you are afraid you can clone your hard drive

Last edited:

dikejs71

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 1, 2020
thank you :) should I choose "initialize ps4 (reinstall system software)" (last option or nearly last IIRC) from safe mode?

Did you tried it that way yourself, having at the same time PS4 with broken blu ray and/or mismatched daughter/logic board of optical drive?

BTW, I think that my actual HDD is with many bad sectors, and honestly I don't mind loosing all data since I didn't even started playing games etc. I will try to use other HDD once it arrive

Cedsaill

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 25, 2018
yes last option reinstall system software

dikejs71

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 1, 2020
Thanks man, really appreciated. I will do it once HDD will arrive, will reply ASAP for the community, thanks!

Cedsaill

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 25, 2018
ok or as i said remove your hard drive from ps4 plugged into pc clone your hard drive you are sure to have an operational system

dikejs71

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 1, 2020
right, but if I clone my current HDD into the new one, will the bad sectors won't be cloned too? Assuming they exist, but from what I experienced it is 99% sure. I don't need any data from current PS4 hdd, so is the cloning neccesity or just an option? sorry for lack of knowledge, I just jumped from PSVITA community, new into PS4 :).

Cedsaill

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 25, 2018
Why you think you have bad sector ? I m sure you dont have bad sector . Clone drive on news drive is must if you have problem with bd drive

dikejs71

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 1, 2020
I check it through HDDscan running a preliminary scan and something appeared without even ending up full hard drive scan.

by the way, which software should I use to clone hdd properly, if needed? could you provide some details or (the best way) provide link with step-by-step procedure for ps4 users?

Cedsaill

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 25, 2018
Easeus todo backup free for exemple

Cedsaill

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 25, 2018
@jurassic98 just config your connection on manuel and put this dns

Primary:165.227.83.145
Secondary :192.241.221.79
Save and go to guide utilisateur for lauch exploit .just this...

Reactions: CHIDI

jurassic98

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 5, 2020
@ceda
Thank you.
Is this similar clip I can follow? ?

Just choose version of Firmware that I am running?

If I am at 4.05 or 4.55 can I still choose 5.05? I dont' understand if I should upgrade to 5.05 or not.
what about Hen2.0, HEN2.1, HEN2.1.1 which one I should pick?

Many thanks
— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —
Please tell me where i can find information about upgrade from 4.05/4.55 to PUP to v 5.05 . Many thanks.

jeangonbay

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 22, 2018
Easeus todo backup free for exemple

Cloned HDD doesn't work, when you put in on PS4, ask to reinstall system

Daniel Ng

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 30, 2018
I do not think PS4 recognize cloned HDD. Just reinstall the full version of 505 system.

prb

Uploader
Aug 25, 2018
thank you :) should I choose "initialize ps4 (reinstall system software)" (last option or nearly last IIRC) from safe mode?

Did you tried it that way yourself, having at the same time PS4 with broken blu ray and/or mismatched daughter/logic board of optical drive?

BTW, I think that my actual HDD is with many bad sectors, and honestly I don't mind loosing all data since I didn't even started playing games etc. I will try to use other HDD once it arrive
USB stick FOLDER PS4/UPDATE/put 5.05 update here and just press power button on ps4 it will ask for controller via usb everything else is pretty much automatic as ps4 automatically boots to safe mode when changing hard drive job done

Last edited:

NoSwear4

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Nov 26, 2020
Any UPDATES about your problem ??

dikejs71

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 1, 2020
no sorry, I sold this ps4 and bought the one with working BD

jeangonbay

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 22, 2018
you did well, because in any case, you could not have done a recovery, as long as your firmware is higher than 4.74 with a hs bluray drive