• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

PS4 RIPpacks, RIPkits, ect.

Alx_2004

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 19, 2018
Hi there! Do you know how to make a repack of fpkg? Or just some kind of software and tutorials how it works

Alx_2004

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 19, 2018
not this, I mean, how to unpack pkg's cut off useless files and pack in back
for example: we have a game 25 gb and a patch 10 gb, that means 10 gb in the game file are old and useless
so we unpack it, cut off, pack it back and get the game 15 gb and the patch 10 gb
something like this

m0nadpr0xy

Yes, I'm a girl...
Retired staff
Jul 10, 2018
That's not how "REPACK" works. What you want is exactly what MXXNKNIGHT has posted. The link he posted leads to a guide that joins the base game with the update. It should be obvious that during this process old files are replaced with the new files from the update.

Do you know what a REPACK is? This is a scene term that is used when a scene group released a game or something else and the download archives were maybe bad, too big (compression ratio not set properly) or they forgot to include some files. The group does a repack by creating new archives and releasing them with the "REPACK" tag in the title.

Alx_2004

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 19, 2018
That's not how "REPACK" works. What you want is exactly what MXXNKNIGHT has posted. The link he posted leads to a guide that joins the base game with the update. It should be obvious that during this process old files are replaced with the new files from the update.

Do you know what a REPACK is? This is a scene term that is used when a scene group released a game or something else and the download archives were maybe bad, too big (compression ratio not set properly) or they forgot to include some files. The group does a repack by creating new archives and releasing them with the "REPACK" tag in the title.
Ok, rip, not repack

RiPPERD

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Aug 9, 2018
what your looking for is a PS4 RIPKIT

me and another guy used to make them for PSP and PS3 would shrink the games loads... there are tools that open th FPKG files and then you should be able to take out files you dont want for examle french language then repack it...

im not up to date with ps4 yet as only got a ps4 1 month ago.
Things i want pointing in direction of:
Finding Cheat Pointers - I will make cheats and cheat eboots etc like i did for ps3
RipKits - For same reasons - except i will make a patcher so users open my app click the fpkg file and then wait.
Tools to do these things that actually work properly as a lot of the tools only work on older firmwares and im on 5.05

If someone points me in right direction then i would be a great asset to the scene as i have been for many consoles/devices.

Reactions: cruel

00mpollard

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jul 22, 2018
Would love to see something like this happen.

I'm new to the ps4 scene but been a PC gamer for year's getting repacks. It's amazing how much some games have been compressed and had stuff removed and added as an optional extra ie language packs, 4k textures.

Alx_2004

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 19, 2018
One russian guy make ripkits but he doesn't want to commucate at all
So I thought that somebody would help me here

MXXNKNIGHT

DKS Member
Donor
May 15, 2018
I never heard of a ripkit I would like to see the ps4 scene have one, hell I would simply like to replace files in the fpkg without it going to a black screen

Alx_2004

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 19, 2018
I never heard of a ripkit I would like to see the ps4 scene have one, hell I would simply like to replace files in the fpkg without it going to a black screen
I can give you a link

Alx_2004

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 19, 2018
I think I know how he makes them, but I need to try on any small game

MXXNKNIGHT

DKS Member
Donor
May 15, 2018
I think I know how he makes them, but I need to try on any small game
the smallest game i could think of is PT or any VR game

Alx_2004

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 19, 2018
the smallest game i could think of is PT or any VR game
doesn't matter 'cause it would be an experiment

RiPPERD

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Aug 9, 2018
Would love to see something like this happen.

I'm new to the ps4 scene but been a PC gamer for year's getting repacks. It's amazing how much some games have been compressed and had stuff removed and added as an optional extra ie language packs, 4k textures.

yeah well once i know how im pretty good and quick at these lol just not sure what tools are out at moment... for the psp and ps3 there was a simple tool like winrar that opened up files let you delete/edit things and then repack... psp was called UMDGEN this also compressed ISO to CSO which was a LOT smaller too

One russian guy make ripkits but he doesn't want to commucate at all
So I thought that somebody would help me here

maybe he dont speak english? tried contacting via a translator? hook me up with him/her ill have a go... or maybe if someone else a bit higher up the knowledge train on here can give me tools ill get REpacking lol

00mpollard

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jul 22, 2018
Try pkg extractor to extract, for repacking them try fake pkg generator.

In all honesty i could be completely wrong in what i shared, once again hopefully pointing you forwards!

Alx_2004

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 19, 2018
maybe he dont speak english? tried contacting via a translator? hook me up with him/her ill have a go... or maybe if someone else a bit higher up the knowledge train on here can give me tools ill get REpacking lol
tried contacting on russian, maybe he just don't want to share his method

Reactions: RiPPERD

residentsleep

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 5, 2018
has anyone ever tried to repack a PS4 game the same way they do pc games?

Alx_2004

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 19, 2018
has anyone ever tried to repack a PS4 game the same way they do pc games?
yeah, russians replace subs and audio, leave only russian, for example, moreover one of them cuts useless files off a game's pkg

residentsleep

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 5, 2018
yeah, russians replace subs and audio, leave only russian, for example, moreover one of them cuts useless files off a game's pkg
that sounds like more of a rip then a repack. I'm talking encrypting/compressing an fpkg (or the extracted files) using freearc or something to get smaller download sizes, the same way they do for pc games.