• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

PS4 restore will it update firmware?

mikkelzzz3

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Oct 19, 2018
Hey guys,
I've looked everywhere for this question without success, so I hope the awesome community here can help me out! (I'm using the same hardrive as I have invested in an SSHD)

1: I have a PS4 firmware 6.00

2: I bought a PS4 Pro firmware 5.05

3: Did a backup of my PS4 6.00

4: Moved SSHD from PS4 to PS4 Pro

5: Installed SSHD on PS4 Pro, and downlaoded and installed the 5.05 recovery update. (PS4 Pro works, still on 5.05)

Now the question is. If I want to restore the backup I did in step 3, would this update the firmware to v. 6.00, or would it only restore games, save data etc.?

NotSelf2019

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Sep 21, 2018
Restoring a backup from a higher FW version will update your console.

rustomen

Request PS2 Games To Me
Uploader
Jun 12, 2018
What he said ^ also i don't see why you would restore content from a ps4 on firmware 6.00 to a 5.05. Not like you can access games that require higher firmware.

mikkelzzz3

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Oct 19, 2018
Because PSN was signed in on it. I know you have some extra features if the PS4 was logged in with PSN once, and the console therefore activated. (Like PSN game updates). And I know you won't have access to PSN itself. But you will be able to do the game updates / regular backup process / remote play.

Oh well the guy I bought it off left his PSN signed it, and he told me I didn't have to sign out so that I could play his games. I'll just create a backup from that HDD, and then restore it in to my SSHD. (Since that backup will be 5.05)

mikkelzzz3

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Oct 19, 2018
Huh, that's nice. Thank you, I'll do that!

Reactions: rustomen

Elotriksy

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 6, 2018
In that case, ***Hidden content cannot be quoted.***
i cant see the Content of the hidden content, for some reason it doesnt load properly.
Can someone please post it again unhidden?

mikkelzzz3

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Oct 19, 2018
i cant see the Content of the hidden content, for some reason it doesnt load properly.
Can someone please post it again unhidden?
Try using a different browser, or incognito mode. Must be a browser problem, works fine here. :)

Last edited:

rustomen

Request PS2 Games To Me
Uploader
Jun 12, 2018
Try using a different browser, or incognito mode. Must be a browser problem, works fine here. :)

Last edited:

mikkelzzz3

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Oct 19, 2018
You don't "unhide" content hidden by other members.
Roger that, removed :)

Though it is still in the quote you made from me, so you would need to edit your reply as well.

scunnyemce

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 31, 2018
maybe a tad late but y use the ps4 backup? u could off just copyed the content u wanted to pc from sed hdd then replaced sed data to drive? making sure u had the db file obviously? atleast then u always have it to hand in

mikkelzzz3

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Oct 19, 2018
maybe a tad late but y use the ps4 backup? u could off just copyed the content u wanted to pc from sed hdd then replaced sed data to drive? making sure u had the db file obviously? atleast then u always have it to hand in
Hmm, don't know how that works. But the backup was taken from a non-jailbroken PS4.

scunnyemce

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 31, 2018
even a external drive to ps4 transfer ur data to it then plug it into jailbroke one ?