• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

PlayStation 4 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkElement

DKS Member
Retired staff
Mar 9, 2018
Holland
Q: I have firmware 5.5x or above. Can I install/download jailbreak?
A: There is no public kernel exploit for firmware higher than 5.05, so wait patiently till one releases. The lower the firmware you're on, the better

Q: Can I downgrade my PS4?
A: You can't. PS4's NOR is encrypted and modyfing crucial components of it will result in a brick

Q: I saw videos on YouTube for PS4 Jailbreak on the latest firmware. When will they be released?
A: Youtube is a platform full of scammers. Most of the videos are single clickbaits with a passworded file that will ask you to fill in a survey. They are fake! Any exploit news will be reported on this discord and on other trusted scene sites

Q. What is the status of a PS4 jailbreak?
A. 1.76, 4.05,4.55 and 5.05 have been fully exploited and implemented. Firmware 5.50 has a public webkit exploit, but it's not useful for end-user

Q: My firmware is below 4.05/4.55/5.05. How do I update?
A: You can update your PS4 using 4.05/4.55/5.05 .PUP file. Download links are available here: https://darksoftware.xyz/FWindex

Q: What is the difference between 4.05,4.55 and 5.05 exploit?
A: Not big difference. Users are reporting that 4.05 is more stable using Wi-Fi, but functionallity is still same. Pro's of 4.55 are that is has official external HDD support **for official games only, no fpkg** , and Boost Mode for PRO consoles. 5.05 adds more game compatibility and its a bit more stable.

Q: How can I start developing homebrew for PS4?
A: There's no guide for making homebrew for PS4 at the moment

Q: How do I run backups?
A: You must use a HEN Enabler for your PS4. Currently there are 2 available. PS4 "HolyGrail" and xvortex HEN.

Q: How do I run PS2 backups?
A: There's a good tutorial on how to accomplish that:
Additionally, you can find compatibility list of working games here: http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps4/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List

Q: I'm getting CE-36434-0 error while installing pkg, what is wrong?
A: Either your download got corrupted, dump you downloaded is corrupted, or your USB stick is corrupted. Try redownloading the game, and try other USB stick. Also check MD5 if the game releaser provided it!

Q: I'm getting NP-34942-2 error while installing a pkg, what is wrong?
A: The package has corrupted/misses the trophy file. You must either ask maker of PKG to fix it, or fix it yourself by repacking PKG

Q: Can I play games that require higher firmware?
A: No

Q: Can I go online with a exploited console?
A: No, you can't. Also going online with exploited console will result in a quick ban, since PS4 hashes kernel when going online

Q: What firmware does X game require?
A: Check the release date of the game. Firmware 5.05 has been released on 01/18/2018, so any game before/slightly after that date might have good firmware requirement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.