• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Keeping updates separate

Plato

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 12, 2018
I heard from a lot of people that it's better to store the game and update as separate and not keep them as merged together.. What's the reason for this?

The only reason I could think of is the update could mess the game somehow so it could be worse than non-updated version. Could that be the reason? Do you think of anything else?

m0nadpr0xy

Yes, I'm a girl...
Retired staff
Jul 10, 2018
Well, the one reason you mentioned is one thing to add but others are: it becomes easier to switch between different versions (down/upgrade).

If you merge your base game with an update you need to be 100% sure that it works perfectly and that the update is worth it.

Reactions: cruel

Spark

Fire Member
DarkSoftware Silver
:shrug: idk, i just keep my rips merged from now on. only thing i can see that not having the update merged would be good for is using cheats/trainers, if someone made cheats for a certain lower version.

Wilhelm Laitamaa

Otaku
Donor
Jul 19, 2018
Norway
some people just have not enough space on usb for update and game