• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Issues with ESP32-S2 after supposedly flashing firmware onto it.

fluk3

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 2, 2018
Hi!

So I procured two esp32-s2 mini's and planned to use at least one of them on my 9.00 ps4 slim, the problem is that there is no detectable network once the firmware has been written to either one of them...

So far I've tried flashing both with the following firmwares (using nodeMCU pyflasher v5.0.0):
- PS-Phive!_ESP32-S2_v3.0.bin,
- ESP32S2_PS4Trainer_900_(29.05.2022)_with_GoldHEN_2.1.2.bin,
- Speed_ESP32S2_Auto_Emulates_USB_Goldhen2.2.2.bin.

There was no indication that NodeMCU PyFlasher failed but clearly something was wrong, so I tried using Arduino IDE along with code provided by Kameleon's (kmeps4's) Github, and that failed as well... But Arduino IDE does finish with an error, although this error is only displayed once the process is complete and it has asked me to reset the esp32-s2.

Here's the output from NodeMCU PyFlasher.

Here's the output from Arduino IDE.

I've checked multiple online guides throughout this whole process, but there is this video on youtube that is farily recent and has a lot of complaints about other peoples esp32-s2's behaving the same way... I'm thinking that there's been a batch of bad esp32-s2's that has seemingly gotten out onto the market, but I'm asking here because I'm hoping that this is not the case.

Does anyone know what's going on and if this is fixable?
Post automatically merged:

Sorry, forgot about this since I got a response on reddit.

The solution was to buy this one instead over on aliexpress and I've had no issues since... Avoid buying the ones over on amazon at all costs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Genkutiblak83