• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Issues after 5.05 HEN

somwahta1234

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 1, 2018
Hey,
I am experiencing some issues after I jailbreaked my PS4 SLIM via Spooged Android App. (FW 5.05)
These are:
- cannot (no longer?) copy galery data to external USB HDD (so make up some space on the internal HDD)
- restart PS4 (after HEN and sometimes without HEN) goes into ~5minutes of "Loading" screen and then the PS4 beeps and shuts down the hard way.
- UI is buggy sometimes. When I want to delete stuff I no longer need (gallery data, old games, old game saves, no longer needed apps, etc) it wont "delete" the data right away but keeps me in a loop of nothing for a few minutes and then reloads the dashboard. On the second try it works most of the times.
- FPKG games wont load sometimes. I only saw this once so far, but when I started the game I get into the loading screen and no indication is available of it being loaded or just stuck somewhere. When I saw it this one time, I just pressed the PS button, stopped the app and restarted the game. It worked then.

Does anyone have any clue of what could cause this and what I can do to prevent this?
Maybe the payload the android app sends is bugged?

Thanks!

Jamhouse

Retired staff
Mar 9, 2018
Do all your copying and whatever before you run hen . when you load kexploit it changes processes and thats y some things get messed up sometimes . just use hen right before you load the game/ homebrew you want to play .

somwahta1234

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 1, 2018
Funny thing is, after I restarted the PS4 copy is still not working. I try again tonight. It might be the HDD, but I cannot confirm it atm.

somwahta1234

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 1, 2018
OK I could pin-point the issues more. I had the app deleted, and therefore the content is in the folder "Deleted application". I can see, view and whatnot the content, but cannot copy it.
Same goes for game save data.

I already tried to rebuild the database, which removed all games I installed through fpkg on the dashboard, the hdd space was still intact from what I could tell.

Do you think these issues would go away when I start fresh ie. format the HDD or even run the recovery 5.05 update?

somwahta1234

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 1, 2018
In the meantime I've reinstalled 5.05 from recovery and all issues are gone. I think it was because of an older HEN exploit? No I dont have any issues.

gino ginetti

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 25, 2018
In the meantime I've reinstalled 5.05 from recovery and all issues are gone. I think it was because of an older HEN exploit? No I dont have any issues.

How do you make a recovery to use in these disasters cases?
I mean if the ps4 need a full reinstall, can I use it to restore to 5.0.5 instead to get the latest firmware?

somwahta1234

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 1, 2018
Check this:
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps4/#newinstallation

Note: this WILL delete all users from your ps4 including screenshots and settings and what not. EVERYTHING.

Recovery install basically means it'll format the ps4 before updating to/reinstalling the desired firmware.

Also DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE FIRMWARE FROM SONY WEBSITE. It will download the latest firmware available.
Search the internet for the 5.05 recovery .pup file and check against md5 hash.

gino ginetti

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 25, 2018
Check this:
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps4/#newinstallation

Note: this WILL delete all users from your ps4 including screenshots and settings and what not. EVERYTHING.

Recovery install basically means it'll format the ps4 before updating to/reinstalling the desired firmware.

Also DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE FIRMWARE FROM SONY WEBSITE. It will download the latest firmware available.
Search the internet for the 5.05 recovery .pup file and check against md5 hash.

Great !
so in the case PS4 goes to panic, I can reinstall an older firmware? (i already updated to 5.05 using an USB, so I already has the correct .pup file )

Basically I just need to boot ps4 in recovery mode and have a USB with the correct firmware, is this correct?

How can I also make a backup of all saves and users? can I use the BACKUP function from exploits webpages?

thank you very much!!

somwahta1234

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 1, 2018
No, you can never go back to an older firmware. (Not currently) Only the current installed firmware or newer.
You can make a backup via FTP program, like this:

Since you are not new to the scene and understand everything. let me help you out a little with what I do. Run HEN, hit PS button, go back into exploit and run the FTP. It will tell you what port it is listening on along with the ip of your PS4. Now go to your PC and run an FTP client like Filezilla and browse to
/user/home/profileID/savedata Copy your saves to wherever you want ie. strongbox, fort knox, desktop etc.
Take down these notes if you want to back up everything important:
Trophy locations:
user/home/XXXXXXXX/trophy folder and the user/trophy folder
DB locations:
/system_data/priv/mms/app.db and /system_data/priv/mms/addcont.db
Save game locations:
/user/home/XXXXXXXX/savedata folder, /user/home/XXXXXXXX/savedata_meta/ and system_data/savedata/XXXXXXXX/db/user/savedata.db
Game PKG location:
user/app/CUSAXXXXX/app.pkg
Update PKG location:
user/patch/CUSAXXXXX/patch.pkg
DLC content location:
in the ADDCONT folder per game.

Do not try to backup using the standard PS4 menu under settings. That only works if your PS4 is not jailbroken.

-Peace

However I have not yet tried this method.

When I reinitialized I didnt care about my data, because it was just all videos and screenshots anyway. I cried a little about my Horizon Savegame but good thing now is I can replay everything. :)

gino ginetti

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 25, 2018
No, you can never go back to an older firmware. (Not currently) Only the current installed firmware or newer.
ok thank you,
so because now I'm on 5.05:
If ps4 git screwed
Can I restore the 5.05 from a usb with only a file 505.pup update on it?

When I reinitialized I didnt care about my data, because it was just all videos and screenshots anyway. I cried a little about my Horizon Savegame but good thing now is I can replay everything. :)

That is exactly my fear!! :kernerki:

somwahta1234

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 1, 2018
If ps4 git screwed
Can I restore the 5.05 from a usb with only a file 505.pup update on it?

Yes, but check the docs I linked above. You cannot just use the normal PS4UPDATE.pup. It has to be the recovery image.
Again: dont download it from sony. You will get the latest firmware from them.

That is exactly my fear!!

Then backup it. Either via method above or copy it to usb flash drive once in a while.