• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Introducing The History Of The PS4

GregoryRasputin

Asshole
DarkSoftware Silver
Mar 14, 2018
Hi guys, today is my birthday, so i thought i would give you all a little gift.

If you know me or know anything about me, you will know that i used to write news for a now defunct scene website called PS3HaX, whilst i was there i started a thread cataloguing the scene history of the PS3, i decided to turn it up a notch and write about the entire history of the PS3, soon the forum thread became too small to write about the entire history of the PS3.
So i decided to buy a domain and install a WordPress blog and PS3History was born, this site was my pride and joy, this was something i was immensely proud of, i had contributed something awesome to the scene, something that people could go back and read, i even released it as an eBook.
However PS3History was missing something, links or sources back to the piece of history that was spoken about, this is something i had to acknowledge and i vowed to source as best i could in any future Console Histories i created.
Creating and documenting a complete history of something is extremely tiresome and monotonous, searching through years and years of Google and Wayback Archives was the hardest and most difficult part of creating PS3History and i did it all on my own, sadly i haven't updated PS3History in about three years, this is because i have been busy with my own forum and other websites, as well as with my activism on Twitter.

Fast forward to March 2018 and developer MrNiato asked where PS4History was, so i started work on creating the same type of WordPress Blog that i did with PS3History, however this time i would not be doing it on my own, i got together with MrNiato, ConsoleHaX and Derf, we worked on some aspects on and off for a couple of months, then it completely stalled until i decided to take a break from the scene half way through April 2019 and get stuck into creating PS4History.
The history is not quite complete, but we will keep working on it and make it an enjoyable experience for you the readers and of course there will be a book too, the cover of the book and the image to this article was created by my good friend StarMelter, who has always shown love for my creations such as PS3History, even though he is not speaking to me currently, i hope he gives this a read.

I would like to thank the following people:

• MrNiato, ConsoleHaX and Derf for their contributions to this project.
  • StarMelter for the cover art.
  • PlayStation Buddies Discord server.
  • OpenOrbis Discord server.
  • All the developers who have contributed to the PS4's homebrew scene.
  • Sony and SIE for making such an awesome console.
  • Ken Kutaragi for inventing the PlayStation.
  • All the people who have supported me and had my back.
  • And finally my best friend NeoSabin who has always been there for me and told me when to reign it in when i have been too much of a dick.

Here is PS4History:
https://ps4history.net/

Here is the book that you can read on your phone or tablet:

Source
https://playstationhax.xyz/forums/topic/5623-introducing-the-history-of-the-ps4/

윤희지

Staff member
Forum Admin
Mar 10, 2018
Seoul, South korea
Happy Birthday @GregoryRasputin! :naisu:

This cake will make u hungry! :p
40744c76e6c1e039dfd5f1ec8570b2d0e6c165e4_hq.gif

GregoryRasputin

Asshole
DarkSoftware Silver
Mar 14, 2018
Thanks, i have loads of chocolate and had two different cakes to choose from today :D

Reactions: 윤희지

Enma Zone

Vibes from Aden Yemen
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Mar 9, 2018
I know you're an asshole .. but happy Birthday :D <3

PotsAlott

DKS Member
DarkSoftware Silver
Mar 20, 2018
Very nice, a good read. Looking forward to the history of ps4. Happy birthday!

Kronox

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jul 5, 2018
happy birthday, good job

Reactions: GregoryRasputin