• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Tutorial How to install DBI and games with it (TUTORIAL)

Jackfavvv

Legendary Member
Uploader
Dec 19, 2018
First things first, you will need my DBI-Z zip file. Please use https://www.base64decode.org/ to decode the link.

Hidden content
To see this hidden content, you must like this content.

THE ESSENTIAL FILES
You will see three things in my zip, as shown here:
ZWA7bLg.png

You will also need the DBI homebrew on your Switch. For those that installed my PumpkinPie,
DBI will already be included. Otherwise, let's install that first on your Switch.

Remove the SD Card on your Switch and connect it to your computer. On the Root of your SD Card, double click on
the "switch" folder

MIqpWE4.png

Select the DBI folder I included in my DBI-Z zip, drag and drop it into the directory here:
oEIUDeK.png

Ok, now that's done, safely remove your SD Card from the computer and put it back into the Switch.

INSTALLING DBI TO YOUR COMPUTER
Okay, let's start by actually installing DBI. Double click on zadig-2-7.exe on your computer.
g276b75.png

Now connect your Switch to your computer with a USB type-C cable. Just leave Zadig open on your computer for
now while we direct our attention over to the Switch.

On your Switch, open the DBI homebrew.

nfAIfxE.jpg

Select, "Install title from DBIbackend".
RLQWrQq.jpg

Once selected on the Switch, DBI will immediately show up in Zadig on your computer.
5Q30PiR.png

We'll direct our attention back to the computer. Click on the down arrow and scroll to
"libusbK(v3.1.0.0)"
NOTE: If at any time DBI disappears from the dropdown menu, just reselect, "Install title from
DBIbackend" on the Switch again.

or69eFE.png

Now click on, "Install Driver" (make sure the setup looks like this before you do)
D3LTfWH.png

Once installed, you'll see this message. Now REBOOT your computer.
mDoaEQd.png

INSTALLING GAMES WITH DBI
Now that you have DBI installed, let's trying installing a game. But first we are going to refresh everything.
Close DBI hombrew on the Switch and go back to the home menu, then unplug the USB C cable from your
computer and replug it in again.

Now onto the game. For simplicity, make sure your game file is in a folder and there are no other folders in that folder.
For example, I have a game in a folder on my desktop, as shown here:

H02PJqj.png

Anyways, on your computer, double click on dbibackend.exe to launch DBI backend GUI
FYNzSEi.png

Click on, "Add folder"
wWeXTwD.png

Navigate to the folder to where your game is in. You'll notice that the game file .nsp/.xci isn't showing up. Don't worry,
that's normal. Just click on "Select Folder"

68k2sll.png

Lastly, click on "Start server".
D9s2dyN.png

With the server set, we will now once again direct our attention to the Switch.

ON THE SWITCH
Open the DBI homebrew on the Switch
nfAIfxE.jpg

Select, "Install title from DBIbackend"
m7emfLD.jpg

As you can see, I only have one file from the server, but if you have multiples(example, game+update+dlc) then
press X on each one to highlight them.

s4HrFSp.jpg

You'll know the file is highlighted when the text turns light blue, like this:
UVD3Q4G.jpg

Once the files you want to install are highlighted, press A to proceed

Press press A again to start the install

NJXPHJe.jpg

Your game will start installing. Notice the percentage in green. Once it reaches 100% the game will be fully installed.
3p5BQA5.jpg

Once everything has been successfully installed, you'll see this screen.
3S9bkXA.jpg

Now press B

Press B again

Press B one last time. It will take us back to the home menu.

Your game will pop up immediately(assuming you followed the guide correctly).

oMUJXC2.png

And Congrats, you're done!

Last edited:

mspy

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Feb 26, 2020
Is there any advantage doing all this over just using the MTP responder that DBI has?

Reactions: peerapong

Jackfavvv

Legendary Member
Uploader
Dec 19, 2018
Is there any advantage doing all this over just using the MTP responder that DBI has?
With MTP Responder, you can skip the drive install step. But other than that, there are no advantage between the two.
I personally prefer, "Install title from DBIbackend" since I had issues in the past transferring files with MTP and my cheat files not overwriting.
So, I only used MTP responder when I want to transfer from Switch to PC, but not vice versa.