• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Halloween movie recommendations (Horror, Comedy, etc)

Sublime

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Oct 11, 2020
Here are my personal movie recommendations to watch on or around Halloween. I have separated horror and comedy and will edit if I think of more.

Please reply with yours - I will check them out if they sound interesting.

Horror
[REC] - Spanish language (subtitles are available). A lot of horror movies don't scare me but this one did. The movie was remade in USA under the name "Quarantine" but I have heard that REC is better. From imdb: "A television reporter and cameraman follow emergency workers into a dark apartment building and are quickly locked inside with something terrifying."

REC 2 is also worth a watch, and REC 3 is a bit different from the first 2 but you may enjoy it anyway.

Cabin in the Woods - Mostly horror but has comedy sprinkled in. Highly recommended! The imdb description sounds cliche but this movie is something completely unlike any horror movie I've seen before: "Five friends go for a break at a remote cabin, where they get more than they bargained for, discovering the truth behind the cabin in the woods."

Saw - imdb: "Two strangers awaken in a room with no recollection of how they got there, and soon discover they're pawns in a deadly game perpetrated by a notorious serial killer."

Hostel - this movie is rated somewhat low but I did enjoy it. imdb: "Three backpackers head to a Slovak city that promises to meet their hedonistic expectations, with no idea of the hell that awaits them."

Comedy
Shaun of the Dead - Zombie movie, British humor. IMDB: "A man's uneventful life is disrupted by the zombie apocalypse."

Zombieland - funny zombie movie, plenty of laughs. Highly recommended. imdb: "A shy student trying to reach his family in Ohio, a gun-toting tough guy trying to find the last Twinkie, and a pair of sisters trying to get to an amusement park join forces to travel across a zombie-filled America."

Zombieland: Double Tap - Sequel to the above. Also highly recommended.

Goa Goa Gone - Zombie comedy in Hindi language (subtitles available). I only recommend this if you are very bored and looking for something different.

Dead & Breakfast - it's a B-movie zombie comedy so don't expect too much. If you don't take it seriously and watch it with some friends it might provide some laughs :) funny soundtrack with a lot of variety.

Young Frankenstein - Black and White film with a lot of cheap laughs and some dry humor. If you like Mel Brooks movies, you'll know what you're getting into.

Damdaquack

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 13, 2020
HORROR

The Conjuring 1 - classic horror movies usually don't scare me at all. But this movie does something right. Dunno what it is, but it gives me the shivers.

ARTSY

Mandy - best Nicolas Cage movie out there.

COMEDY

What We Do In The Shadows - a bunch of vampire room mates try to cope with modern life. A hipster helps them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sublime