• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

For Mac Users Experiencing Problems!

Safailla

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 6, 2018
Hello, I wanted to start off by saying that this is an amazing community that I sincerely appreciate. So many helpful minds contributing to such a great wealth of information! Very thrilled to be here!

With that said, if this post is inappropriate or posted in an inappropriate location I apologize!

I have been recently experiencing troubles while downloading files through Jdownloader 2 on my mac.
The first problem was with Jd2 trying to extract the files and finding them as CFC.
To fix this problem go to Settings > Archive Extractor > then untick the box that says "Extract archives after download (default value)"

unticking this box will stop Jd2 from trying to extract the files for you.
Alternatively you can go here https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=73624 if you would like to fix Jd2 so it may extract the files for you, however i find its process tediously slow and using an external extractor much more efficient.

Which brings us to - The Unarchiver. If your on a Mac you need this app. It extracts majority of the files you will be running into with ease. After downloading it, simply find the first file in the set you wish to extract, "Right Click" it, go to "Open With" and click on The Unarchiver.

At times you might still run into an error with this program. It might say something like this: "Could not extract the file from archive Everybodys Gone To The Rapture-[CUSA01511] Patch-V1.02--Up-By-Softstar.part03: The archive file is Corrupted."

Now You might think to re-download file .part03 and replace it, but the same message will persist.
You might also think to re-download the entire file. Which again, no avail. I spent several days re-downloading large files and problem solving for hours, some times getting a fix and some times not

Save yourself the trouble here. Keep the original downloaded file. Back it up onto you External HDD (which should be ExFat formatted) and take it to a Windows OS. Thats Right. Sorry Mac mates.

Your best bet, if you can, is to use Parallels and run Windows on your Mac at the same time. If not, just get your hands on a Windows Computer that has WinRar. If the Windows Computer doesn't have WinRar go and Download it on your Mac then put it on the External HDD and install it on that computer.

This next part is key. Once WinRar is installed, select the files you wish to have extracted and click on "Extract to". This will open up a pane called "Extraction Path and Options"
Here you will choose your destination path, which you will want to make sure is the folder with your extraction files as to keep them all together.

NOW this is the most Important part!! Under the miscellaneous section, you MUST tick the box that says "Keep Broken Files" This is essential. This bypasses the errors we would receive on our Macs and enables the files to properly extract!

Next hit "OK"

Wait for your files to Extract and ignore all those boxes saying you have a problem. Blah Blah Blah **** off boxes. Take the newly created Fpkg and install it onto your system. Test it out. Have fun!

I sincerely hope this post helps others to ease their problems so they don't run into the same problems I had! A big THANK YOU to everyone who continues to support the community and keep it thriving!

Aloha!

PirateofPC

Móhãnd Bèn
회원 | Member
Jun 6, 2018
Libya, Tripoli
THANK YOU SO MUCH, I'm always using Windows & 7-zip to extract and I had 0 problems with downloaded files.
I only have problems with the MEGA 5GB Limit & Google, I hope everyone who uploads they're games to put them on ZippyShare or anything beside MEGA & Google Drive.

Reactions: Safailla

cpt

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 13, 2018
i found an easier solution to this when using osx, the unarchiver is great but when you encounter that problem just use keka instead its a bit slower than the unarchiver but will not get that error. its also free! :D you can download it at https://www.keka.io/en/.

RAHUL SABBARWAL

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 17, 2019
thank you so much as well, i appreciate everyones help on here and the community as a mac user i felt abit overwhelmed everything was on windows..but its good to see a fellow mac user..