• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

First NoPSN App "YouTube" Emerges

LightningMods

Fire Member
Trusted developer
Mar 9, 2018
Developer @samsepi01 with the help of Tester @DarkElement have Created the First NoPSN app "YouTube" using a series of PS4 Patches, Most Likely inspired by the Media Player App recently released ....

To quote the Post @samsepi01 made on Reddit

So I was experimenting a bit with getting Youtube to work in my unactivated 4.55 console. It turns out there is a simple bypass/fix.

I discovered that, whatever media app that is installed and under the "TV & Movies" category on the console will automatically initiate a check for a PSN account on the console. If you install Youtube (and possibly any other media app) as a game pkg, it will bypass the account check.

A couple of things to note:

I simply swapped the official param.sfo of the Youtube app with that of the one from the "Hello World" homebrew app.

As a result, the app will show up as "TestApp" on your main menu. It should still boot and run fine. Also, you can't sign into your Youtube account, at least not yet. Maybe that can be fixed/will change in the future.

This is for anyone who wants to watch a couple of videos on their ps4 and lacks an activated account. It should be possible to edit the actual param.sfo of the Youtube app to have it install as a game and have a cleaner look but that can be worked out later. Forgot to mention that I haven't tested it with Al-Azif's DNS servers. It might prompt you to update but you can skip it. Make sure to have update blocker enabled if anything.

Edit: Also wanted to mention, Youtube itself had an additional annoying splash screen that repeatedly prompts you to sign in to PSN even if you have an activated account. The eboot had to be reversed and patched to get rid of it. Other media apps may require similar patches.

Some more of the posts they made on this journey

upload_2018-7-29_7-3-40.png

https://twitter.com/zordon605/status/1021784082701799424

upload_2018-7-29_7-2-55.png

upload_2018-7-29_7-7-21.png

upload_2018-7-29_7-7-32.png

Conclusion...

It's a Youtube NoPSN App, good progress if you only own a PS4 and cant watch YoTube on anything else

Download

ROFI_SMG

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 13, 2018
report, test app on PS4 Slim CUH2006 5.05 HEN Not Activated Work 100%
( PS : Waiting for fix the app Name )

Reactions: Kinje

Centrino

DKS Member
DarkSoftware Silver
Mar 9, 2018
props @samsepi01 !

been seeing you learn along the way and you're doing great. now all the hard work is paying off.

look forward to what else you bring to the scene ;)

rustomen

Request PS2 Games To Me
Uploader
Jun 12, 2018
Now we just need a Crunchyroll no psn

Reactions: Kinje

Randmoluckyguy

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 28, 2018
Nopsn YouTube vr mode need!!!! Thankss

Reactions: seanp2500

Gelson

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Apr 21, 2018
Thank You for shared.
Netflix the Next???

Xian

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 31, 2018
Thanks for working on this, really appreciate it.

A new version is out already here. (from the reddit post)

Last edited:

theSanky

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 23, 2018
Thanks a lot!!

darkjedirey

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 16, 2018
Just made Littlstar app using Stooged's method. (used .sfo from test.app and enabled VR and rebuilt as fpkg game, instead of media app)
It boots into the app, but i can't get it past the loading screen inside the app
aHR0cHM6Ly93d3c0OC56aXBweXNoYXJlLmNvbS92L0lrS2VBZUFSL2ZpbGUuaHRtbA==

Last edited:

Randmoluckyguy

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 28, 2018
Thanks for working on this, really appreciate it.

A new version is out already here. (from the reddit post)
the download link aint working

Xian

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 31, 2018
the download link aint working

My post is old there is already another version out here, check reddit in the future for most up to date links.

Tarachiu Paul

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 2, 2018
Just made Littlstar app using Stooged's method. (used .sfo from test.app and enabled VR and rebuilt as fpkg game, instead of media app)
It boots into the app, but i can't get it past the loading screen inside the app
aHR0cHM6Ly93d3c0OC56aXBweXNoYXJlLmNvbS92L0lrS2VBZUFSL2ZpbGUuaHRtbA==
I tried using it and I can’t too pass the loading screen after log-in/register/skip . Has anyone found a solution?

TR3BL1G28

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 14, 2018
Nice! Thanks!

jonah Damon

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 1, 2018
this apps aren't allowed me to sign to youtube..so i cant watch videos categories as 18+ in YT since you need to sign in

Quiron

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 12, 2018
Everything working properly, including VR version, just that without connecting to psn we cant make login.
Thank you!!

Last edited:

sonicswink

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Nov 5, 2018
Saida, Algeria
Logging in to Youtube (this app) requires a PSN sign-in, too bad. is there a way to bypass PSN step ? or is this happening just to me ?

shakiralkoozy

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jul 12, 2018
Thanks a lot

DKIN001

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 17, 2018
Gracias marica x esta app