• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Error CE-36244-9 CD update

PinkLady333

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 23, 2018
Hi, I wanted to dump CD games on my jailbroken PS4 5.05 HEN (not connected to the PSN), and I know how to, but I also wanted to update them before dumping so I would get both to upload them here.

I saw on Youtube that to update a CD game, I needed an official update from the Octolus website, install it, then start dumping.
It worked for FIFA 17 for instance, as there was just 1 update file (less than 4Gb).

Thing is, I can t install official updates that I merged (several 4Gb pkg files) whereas I got the 5.05 compatible ones, I always get Error CE-36244-9 at half of the install process...
I tried different exfat external hdd's, tried to redownload the parts, merge them again even with other programs (PS4 AIO, PKG Merge).
It happened for example when I tried to install the 1.51 update for The Witcher 3, also for Final Fantasy XV.

If someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong, as there are loads of games uploaded that got updated somehow in the beginning.

Thank you in advance!

PinkLady333

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 23, 2018
I don t think it comes from the memory, because every single byte is there, in each pkg file and also the final one.
I tried to check integrity by using a program, every part was okay on both games, the 0 one was the only Bad one

Reactions: Jolafrite

PinkLady333

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 23, 2018
Fixed, I think that's because I wasn't renaming the merged file or something.
Tustin's program works like a charm!

Octopus3535

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 15, 2018
This is the error i was getting while transferring games from my NTFS drive to the exFAT drive to install on the PS4. I was reading on some of the PSXHAX forums that it maybe a problem with windows transferring files from NTFS to exFAT. I noticed that when I had more than on transfer ongoing, right before the end it would pause and 99% for a few moments and then complete. I then got this error and and noticed that the game showed up as downloading/installing on the home page with and X over the download bar. If you launch it i believe that it says something like that it cannot connect to psn and cannot complete or something. I then presumed to check the md5 and it was a perfectly good file.

The thing that fixed it for me was just moving on file at a time and monitoring it and making sure everything went smoothly. No pauses at the end with 99% complete and 0 bytes to move.

Reactions: Jolafrite