• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.

Elden Ring Security

menteith

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Feb 16, 2022
Hi Guys

I'm wondering why there is no Elden Ring fake PKG yet (note that I do not demand it is released or so). This game requires 9.03 and physical disk in drive (info taken from the video below). Many (if not all) games that require 9.00 could be ported to a lower firmware. Is the requirement of newer firmware and/or physical disk in drive behind the lack of pirate version of this game? I've Googled a lot but I failed to find any answer. Feel free to share your opinions or provide some links with some information on the topic. Thanks!

Reactions: Gosha21

justincase.bcg

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 28, 2018
Did you watch the video? As you said, Elden Ring requires 9.03. There is no jailbreak for 9.03. You answered your own question.

menteith

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Feb 16, 2022
Some games require 9.00 yet can be played on lower firmware.

menteith

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Feb 16, 2022
Not sure if I follow. Does it mean that in order to decrypt (create fPKG) a game that require 9.03 FW you need to be at 9.03 (or higher) with jailbreak? If so, that would imply that game disks which require firmware > 9.00 have different protection than those that require lower firmware. Is this true? I'm really curious.

justincase.bcg

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 28, 2018
Not sure if I follow. Does it mean that in order to decrypt (create fPKG) a game that require 9.03 FW you need to be at 9.03 (or higher) with jailbreak? If so, that would imply that game disks which require firmware > 9.00 have different protection than those that require lower firmware. Is this true? I'm really curious.

That's mostly right. There aren't "different protections". It's simply that a jailbreak is needed to dump the game.

If a game only runs on 9.03, the game can't be run on a jailbroken console. So it cannot be dumped. So it cannot be played on anything but 9.03. Which doesn't have a jailbreak.

menteith

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Feb 16, 2022
So the game disk must have information about required firmware. Given we are on a jb console, cannot we 'fool' the game that it is being run on higher firmware? Something like patching required offsets in game binaries.

justincase.bcg

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 28, 2018
Firmware can be spoofed to show a newer version, which helps with some things, but not with decrypting a game signed with a higher version SDK. The keys required to decrypt it can't be spoofed. That can only happen with a jailbreak.

Last edited:
Reactions: MoMz

menteith

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Feb 16, 2022
OK, now I understand. Many thanks for your replies!

Reactions: justincase.bcg

RexXxy

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 23, 2018
So the game disk must have information about required firmware. Given we are on a jb console, cannot we 'fool' the game that it is being run on higher firmware? Something like patching required offsets in game binaries.
Need to decrypt the game from 9.03 which lower than firmware 9.03 can't do. Due to security 'keys' likely.

Once the retail pkg is decrypted using an exploited 9.03fw (or higher)
Then we can make a fpkg...
...And then you can think about getting a backport.