• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Complete 7.02 PS4 Jailbreak & Upgrade Guide / Tutorial - Should You Update?

Sam Daniel

Fire Member
DarkSoftware Silver
Jun 19, 2018
Here's a Step-by-Step Guide How to Update to 7.02 from 5.05 / 6.72 and Jailbreaking 7.02 using two different Hosts. Also Touched upon IF YOU SHOULD UPDATE? Do Check it Out Guys :)

djaweirjw

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Nov 25, 2018
Hello! I really want to update my PS4 to 7.02 and jailbreak it, but since I've never never ever really done this I'm a bit sceptical and I want to ask a few questions (sorry if they are in the video, I don't have the time to watch it rn)

I'm running 5.05

1. Will my games be erased?
  2. Will my 5.05 games work on 7.02
  3. Does this mean the original jailbreak will be removed?

P.S I didn't jailbreak my PS4, I bought it from a store pre-jailbroken.

Reactions: Clayton44333

Sam Daniel

Fire Member
DarkSoftware Silver
Jun 19, 2018
Hello! I really want to update my PS4 to 7.02 and jailbreak it, but since I've never never ever really done this I'm a bit sceptical and I want to ask a few questions (sorry if they are in the video, I don't have the time to watch it rn)

I'm running 5.05

Will my 5.05 games work on 7.02
    Does this mean the original jailbreak will be removed?

Hey, No worries. To answer your question :

1. If you follow the video and ‘Update’ your PS4, Your games will remain. However if you ‘Initialise’ your PS4 as in a factory reset then of course you’ll lose all games & data.

2. All your games will continue to work with a higher firmware as well.

3. The 5.05 Jailbreak will no longer be valid for the 7.02 firmware since its a higher firmware and there’s a different method to Jailbreak it (Which is also covered in the video)

hopefully that answers! However, the 7.02 has a lower stability to Jailbreak (As in sometimes you’ll have to run the Jailbreak multiple times before it’s successfully jailbroken to start playing the games after every shutdown/ restart)

scunnyemce

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 31, 2018

I'm running 5.05

Will my 5.05 games work on 7.02
    Does this mean the original jailbreak will be removed?

simple answer stay on 5.05 no reasons to update. games get backported. once u go up u cant go down stay on 5.05

Getrekt

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 26, 2018
is there a way to downgrade firmware?