• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.

Can i jailbreak ps4 with broken optical drive?

chrishisky

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Oct 29, 2020
Hi,
My neighbour is selling his ps4 pro cheap because the optical drive is broken and it's unable to perform an update.
I've had lots of fun with jail breaking Nintendo's consoles for a few years and am thinking about giving this ps4 a go,but I'm not sure if it's possible with the broken drive.
None of the tutorials I've seen mention use of the drive but I don't want to splash out on an expensive paper weight so thought I'd check here first.

Thanks in advance.

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
yes, yes you can jailbreak ps4 without optical drive.

you can also update if you want via USB. no need for optical D

Reactions: chrishisky

chrishisky

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Oct 29, 2020
yes, yes you can jailbreak ps4 without optical drive.

you can also update if you want via USB. no need for optical D
Thanks, that's awesome news. The unit has a fault code of CE-35888-2, which is something about the motherboard talking to the daughter board and rendering the blu ray useless. Hopefully it won't affect jail breaking.

Thanks again, love this site.

윤희지

관리자
Staff member
Forum Admin
Mar 10, 2018
Seoul, South korea
Moved to current section

sith7

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jan 23, 2021
i've repaired a few ps4s with this error by bridging the blown 0ohm resistor on the BD drive.