• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.

BLACK SCREEN

tajwar

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 6, 2018
my ps4 had a faulty HDMI port which i got replaced to the newer 2.1 version, since it wouldnt connect to the tv properly and would constantly stay as a black screen and since then it was ok FOR A FEW WEEKS.

no audio at all, audio only appears when the screen randomly comes back on for a few seconds before it once again disappears to "no signal"

once again this problem has returned. the tv flickers black like its trying to connect to the ps4 but then remains black throughout.

i dont think the hdmi port is the problem anymore as it was replaced with a new one, also i dont treat the ps4 aggresively so i am absolutrly positive i have done no damage to it.

i know its definitely a problem with the ps4, as i have another ps4 and eletrical devices that connect absolutely fine to the TV.

SOMETIMES for a split second it will connect and the picture comes up then will disappear back to the black screen seconds later.

on a side note: when my ps4 did connect to the TV there were times when it used to shut itself down automatically, even though i keep it in a fully open area to prevent trapped heat and dust.

i have tried:
  • different hdmi cables
  • different hdmi ports on the tv
  • booting it via safe mode (still doesnt connect to the tv)
  • ensuring it is the correct resolution via settings menu
  • channging rgb color detection between auto/off
  • and every other method youtube has to offer
i am stuck with a ps4 that remains on the black screen and finding a replacement/repairing is expensive.

any help?

Last edited:

znimaz

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Oct 1, 2018
model of your tv or monitor ?