• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.

Are you updating to v9.00?

Will you be making the upgrade to v9.00?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe in the future

Results are only viewable after voting.

SaltandSauce

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Oct 2, 2020
So with the news of the new v9.00 USB Jailbreak Exploit, are you going to be making the upgrade? This is a question for those of you on v5.05 and v6.72.

Right now, I myself (v6.72) plan on holding off for a while. If there continues to be backports readily available for newly released games, I think stay where I am on v6.72. If Backport releases drop off, I'll have no choice but to upgrade to v9.00. That added step of having to connect and disconnect a USB every time you load the Exploit is something that's been putting me off. For myself, as it stands, everything runs pretty well at the moment using an ESP8266 Self Exploit Jailbreak Host. It's rare that Jailbreak fails to load.

Let me know what you think. I'd be keen to hear your opinions.

TheELK

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Dec 24, 2020
Im on 6.72, only thing concerning me about staying on this FW is playing 9.00 backported games to 6.72 (2.5yr gap) and missing out on HDR/performance or other features that native 9.00 get

jackw163

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jan 3, 2022
I've just taken the leap and all I can say is I'm extremely impressed, especially with stability just need to wait a couple of months for the homebrew stuff to really catch up though a little.

xtremejags

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Oct 24, 2018
i have been on the scene from the first jailbreak and i can say with 100% confidence that the usb dongle 9.00 is no big deal it takes an extra 20 seconds in fact everything is faster to jailbreak smoother more stable when in game also my total jailbreak time from turning on the ps4 to starting a game is about 2 min i don't remember 5.05 being that fast
make the change to 9.00 you wont regret it and the the games work better with less modification to them

Reactions: jackw163

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
The debate is real, people actually are debating on the topic and here is my 5 cents. I am NOT telling no one what to do by any means.

1 ) I have updated to 9.0 firmware and here are the pros.
A) no need for backports, pretty much anything you install FPKG will work
B) no need to wait for backports neither base nor updates, IF they eventually come at all
C) rest mode works. ever since JB arrived I had 1 KP in rest mode. i have havent had any KP during jailbreak
D) Jail break just Works. its success rate for me is 99.9 percent.
E) in my personal opinion having done jailbreaks in many platforms, units, even soldering etc etc. taking extra 10 seconds to stick a USB press X and getting jailbroken is easy.
2) I also have a unit on 5.05 and we all know the pros i wont go there but remember this
A) Rumors of a CFW are lingering making people stick to it and its legit. BUt the problem is it may arrive tomorrow, in 4 years or never at all.

seanp2500

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 12, 2018
Oh and did I mention my incredible work on the saturn fpkg?

9.0 exclusive beybay!

Reactions: xtremejags

Murph

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 31, 2020
The debate is real, people actually are debating on the topic and here is my 5 cents. I am NOT telling no one what to do by any means.

1 ) I have updated to 9.0 firmware and here are the pros.
A) no need for backports, pretty much anything you install FPKG will work
B) no need to wait for backports neither base nor updates, IF they eventually come at all
C) rest mode works. ever since JB arrived I had 1 KP in rest mode. i have havent had any KP during jailbreak
D) Jail break just Works. its success rate for me is 99.9 percent.
E) in my personal opinion having done jailbreaks in many platforms, units, even soldering etc etc. taking extra 10 seconds to stick a USB press X and getting jailbroken is easy.
2) I also have a unit on 5.05 and we all know the pros i wont go there but remember this
A) Rumors of a CFW are lingering making people stick to it and its legit. BUt the problem is it may arrive tomorrow, in 4 years or never at all.
I have 2 consoles one on 7.02 and one on 9.00fw I can see both sides do I wait for possible CFW / don't wait and upgrade both are good and I agree with DorianX about the if /when/never possibilities of CFW. Only time will tell. The on thing that is bugging me about 9.00 is the library(bookshelf icon) on the home page seems to be missing and I don't see any option to re-enable it. only a small issue but I cannot unsee it now its not there. Does anybody know how to get it re-enabled?

seanp2500

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 12, 2018
I have 2 consoles one on 7.02 and one on 9.00fw I can see both sides do I wait for possible CFW / don't wait and upgrade both are good and I agree with DorianX about the if /when/never possibilities of CFW. Only time will tell. The on thing that is bugging me about 9.00 is the library(bookshelf icon) on the home page seems to be missing and I don't see any option to re-enable it. only a small issue but I cannot unsee it now its not there. Does anybody know how to get it re-enabled?
I have no clue what you are talking about pic?

Murph

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 31, 2020
I have no clue what you are talking about​

At the end of the games installed on the PS4 home page the Library icon is missing on FW9.00 (also happens on Modded Warfares Video on YT)

Attachments

• 7.02.jpg
    7.02.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 9.00.jpg
    9.00.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 8

seanp2500

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 12, 2018
At the end of the games installed on the PS4 home page the Library icon is missing on FW9.00 (also happens on Modded Warfares Video on YT)
i feel you. if you watch my channel oh nvm...

but yeah obviously that's a YOU problem ok...moving on

also just to be clear not a 9.0 issue and I have done many but what i can tell you is full init possible hd replacement

sorry for the bad news but it's frankly irresponsible to blame the issues someone has with faulty equipment on the exploit

Murph

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 31, 2020
I wasn't blaming any one just asking if this is normal and if there was a fix, please don't twist or misunderstand my post. Thanks anyway

seanp2500

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 12, 2018
I wasn't blaming any one just asking if this is normal and if there was a fix, please don't twist or misunderstand my post. Thanks anyway
just think about this logically right. a graphic is not there. that means it does not load in memory. What doesn't load in memory you ask?

a hard drive with a fault

sometimes a fault is the way the partition is sitting on the drive. This will totally rear it's ugly head after an update. But this has nothing to do with an exploit. If you are lucky reinit should do the trick. Painful. But if you have been backing everything up you should be golden. But if you literally logically think of what this exploit does....

has 0 to do with a missing library icon. boss it doesn't even touch that place in memory at all...in other words pre existing problem. Maybe when you went to 9.0 you lost the icon and just associated it with running the exploit? do you follow?

Murph

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 31, 2020
just think about this logically right. a graphic is not there. that means it does not load in memory. What doesn't load in memory you ask?

a hard drive with a fault

sometimes a fault is the way the partition is sitting on the drive. This will totally rear it's ugly head after an update. But this has nothing to do with an exploit. If you are lucky reinit should do the trick. Painful. But if you have been backing everything up you should be golden. But if you literally logically think of what this exploit does....

has 0 to do with a missing library icon. boss it doesn't even touch that place in memory at all...in other words pre existing problem. Maybe when you went to 9.0 you lost the icon and just associated it with running the exploit? do you follow?
I have everything on 7.02, a reinit isn't a problem I only asked about the library icon missing, nothing about losing any pkg files. That's why I have two exploitable ps4's I can easily swap between the two with dB backup

seanp2500

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 12, 2018
I have everything on 7.02, a reinit isn't a problem I only asked about the library icon missing, nothing about losing any pkg files. That's why I have two exploitable ps4's I can easily swap between the two with dB backup
a reinit will wipe the drive and ERASE the pkg k...

grfjxr

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jan 22, 2021
just wondering how is the feedback of those that upgrade to FW9.0?
do you see performance improvements? is there better support for PS4 Pro with FW9.0?

I'm happy with 6.72, and waiting for backports is not an issue for me.
I read that the clock battery issue is fixed with 9.0, which is an important to take in account when PS4 is getting old :)

CloudStrife1901

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 25, 2021
Considering how crap the 7.55 exploit was i updated straight away and have now regrets either