• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

[5.05] Dumping Games, updates, DLCs, themes & creating pkg files

MistaAlCapwn

Uploader
Mar 9, 2018
This is a tutorial created by Radziu, who shared it with me. He asked that I share it on his behalf, because he doesn't want to have to create another forum account. Any praise or questions should be directed his way on Discord.

Game/Patch Dumping:
You'll need:
-PS4 with 5.05 FW,
-USB HDD/Pendrive formatted as exFAT,
-Fake PKG Generator
-vortex 5.05 Dumper ( +gengp4 )

1. Download latest 'ps4-dumper-vtx.zip' and extract it somewhere on PC, do the same with Fake PKG generator,
2. (optional, but recommended) Connect your exFAT HDD/Pendrive to pc, from extracted dumper archive copy dumper.cfg (its in directory 'config') to the root of your pendrive/HDD. Now edit this file and change `split` value from 3 to 0.
3. On the console run the game you want to dump, when it fully loads to main menu press PS button to minimalize it,
4. Connect your HDD/Pendrive to the PS4,
5. Run ps4 dumper on your PS4 using preferred way (either standalone (via html) or payload (via bin) - recommended ps4-exploit-host + standalone html)
NOTE: if you are using the standalone version of the dumper you'll need to keep the webpage open.
6. It'll start dumping the game + patch (into a single CUSAXXXXX-app directory, or CUSAXXXXX-app and CUSAXXXXX-patch if you didnt put dumper.cfg on the root of your USB or you did not edit `split` value)
7. After dumping process is done your console will shut down, you can now disconnect USB from your PS4 and connect it to PC,
8. Run genpg4.exe (its in gengp4 directory from ps4 dumper archive), now using this tool open CUSAXXXXX directory from your USB
9. Press 'Generate .GP4' and then 'Save .GP4', do the same with CUSAXXXXX-patch dir if you have one,
10. Open orbis-pub-gen.exe (from Fake PKG Generator archive), click File -> open -> and select .GP4 file you just created,
11. Press Command -> Project Setting -> Package tab, check if ContentID is correct & passcode is set to '00000000000000000000000000000000', now close that window
12. Press Command -> Build Image -> Set Output Path, this is where your fpkg will be saved,
13. Press Build and wait till pkg is built, thats it, you just created fake pkg game/patch file you or someone else can install and use on their jailbroken PS4.

DLC Dumping (with Extra Data):
You'll need:
-PS4 with 5.05 FW,
-FTP client on PC (for example FileZilla)
-Fake PKG Generator
-vortex 5.05 FTP server

1. Download latest 'ps4-ftp-vtx.zip' and extract it somewhere on PC, do the same with Fake PKG generator,
2. On the console run the game you want to dump DLCs from, when it fully loads to main menu press PS button to minimalize it,
3. Run ps4 ftp server on your PS4 using preferred way (either standalone (via html ) or payload (via bin) - recommended ps4-exploit-host + standalone html )
NOTE: if you are using the standalone version of the ftp server you'll need to keep the webpage open.
4. On your PC connect to the PS4 using FTP client (IP_of_your_ps4:1337)
5. Navigate to `/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/'
6. Download directories that end with '-ac', those are decrypted DLC files (example -> '/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/EP0177-CUSA06211_00-DIVAFT39FUTURE00-ac')
7. Open orbis-pub-sfo.exe (from Fake PKG Generator archive), and then:
- Change Category to '(PS4) Additional Content',
- Set ContentID (for example 'EP0177-CUSA06211_00-DIVAFT39FUTURE00'),
- Click Title Text on the left, set AC title (Default Language) to DLC's Name (for example 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone Future Sound'),
- Press File -> Save and save it in your DLC's directory, in sce_sys subdirectory as param.sfo (for example: 'EP0177-CUSA06211_00-DIVAFT39FUTURE00-ac/sce_sys/param.sfo')
8. Open orbis -pub-gen.exe (from Fake PKG Generator archive), click File -> New Project -> Additional Content Package with Extra Data,
9. Double click on Image0, when it opens drop contents of your DLC directory inside (sce_sys directory + anything else (files or directories) it has)
10. Close this window, now press Commands -> Project settings -> Package tab, set contentID (for example: EP0177-CUSA06211_00-DIVAFT39FUTURE00) and set passcode to '00000000000000000000000000000000', make sure entitlement key is also set to '00000000000000000000000000000000'
11. Press Command -> Build Image -> Set Output Path, this is where your fpkg will be saved,
12. Press Build and wait till pkg is built, thats it, you just created fake pkg DLC file you or someone else can install and use on their jailbroken PS4.

DLC Dumping (without Extra Data - DLC unlocks):
You'll need:
-Fake PKG Generator
NOTE: ContentIDs can be obtained from PlayStation Store Webpage, after you find the certain DLC its full contentid will be in store item's URL. Additionally, you can confirm its DLC unlock by checking Size information on the left size(under PEGI rating/Genre). If its missing its most likely unlock DLC. Another way to obtain those is to use PSDLE web browser extension. Unlock DLCs DO NOT HAVE pkg links to them and also it will give you exact contentid for the items that do not have their store pages (for example delisted DLCs, promo DLCs or Preorder DLCs).

Easy Method:
1. Download this python3 script to your Fake PKG Generator's directory: https://gist.github.com/TheRadziu/b7321fdf2672197d14b87eeb2a5bd919
2. Run it through CMD with DLC contentid and DLC name as parameters, for example: ez_fake_dlc.py EP9000-CUSA04943_00-ACEUCROWXXXXXXXX "Gravity Rush 2: The Ark of Time - Raven's Choice"
3. fPKG Unlock DLC file(s) will be created in 'fake_dlc_pkg' directory.

Manual method:
1. Open orbis -pub-sfo.exe (from Fake PKG Generator archive), and then:
- Change Category to '(PS4) Additional Content',
- Set ContentID (for example 'UP9000-CUSA03694_00-ACUSCROWXXXXXXXX'),
- Click Title Text on the left, set AC title (Default Language) to DLC's Name (for example 'Gravity Rush 2: The Ark of Time - Raven's Choice'),
- Press File -> Save and save it in somewhere, in sce_sys subdirectory as param.sfo (for example: 'DLC_unlock/sce_sys/param.sfo')
2. Open orbis -pub-gen.exe (from Fake PKG Generator archive), click File -> New Project -> Additional Content Package without Extra Data
3. Double click on Image0, when it opens drop sce_sys directory with param.sfo you just created inside,
4. Close this window, now press Commands -> Project settings -> Package tab, set contentID (for example: UP9000-CUSA03694_00-ACUSCROWXXXXXXXX) and set passcode to '00000000000000000000000000000000', make sure entitlement key is also set to '00000000000000000000000000000000'
5. Press Command -> Build Image -> Set Output Path, this is where your fpkg will be saved,
6. Press Build and wait till pkg is built, thats it, you just created fake pkg DLC unlock file you or someone else can install and use on their jailbroken PS4.

Themes dumping:
You'll need:
-PS4 with 5.05 FW,
-FTP client on PC (for example FileZilla)
-Fake PKG Generator
-vortex 5.05 FTP server
NOTE: Dumped themes are as iffy as custom themes.

1. Download latest 'ps4- ftp -vtx.zip' and extract it somewhere on PC, do the same with Fake PKG generator,
2. On the console select/use/enable the theme you want to dump
3. Run ps4 ftp server on your PS4 using preferred way (either standalone (via html ) or payload (via bin) - recommended ps4-exploit-host + standalone html )
NOTE: if you are using the standalone version of the ftp server you'll need to keep the webpage open.
4. On your PC connect to the PS4 using FTP client (IP_of_your_ps4:1337)
5. Navigate to `/mnt/sandbox/ pfsmnt /'
6. Download the single directory that ends with '-ac' (example -> '/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/EP0002-CUSA07399_00-CRASHNSANETHEME5-ac')
7. Open orbis -pub-sfo.exe (from Fake PKG Generator archive), and then:
- Change Category to '(PS4) System Software Theme',
- Set ContentID (for example 'EP0002-CUSA07399_00-CRASHNSANETHEME5'),
- Click Title Text on the left, set Theme title (Default Language) to Theme's Name (for example 'Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Free Theme'), and Theme Provider to anything (for example: Activision)
- Press File -> Save and save it in your Theme's directory, in sce_sys subdirectory as param.sfo (for example: 'EP0002-CUSA07399_00-CRASHNSANETHEME5-ac/sce_sys/param.sfo')
8. Open orbis -pub-gen.exe (from Fake PKG Generator archive), click File -> New Project -> System Software Theme Package,
9. Double click on Image0, when it opens drop contents of your Theme's directory inside (sce_sys directory + anything else (files or directories) it has)
10. Close this window, now press Commands -> Project settings -> Package tab, set contentID (for example: EP0002-CUSA07399_00-CRASHNSANETHEME5) and set passcode to '00000000000000000000000000000000',
11. Press Command -> Build Image -> Set Output Path, this is where your fpkg will be saved,
12. Press Build and wait till pkg is built, thats it, you just created fake pkg Theme file you or someone else can install and use on their jailbroken PS4.

Mogi_Codemasterv

USA #1
Retired staff
Apr 7, 2018
The Sun
Do you know how to repack a theme?

Dominus

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 17, 2018
How do you dump a game and update separately?

MistaAlCapwn

Uploader
Mar 9, 2018
This is a tutorial created by Radziu, who shared it with me. He asked that I share it on his behalf, because he doesn't want to have to create another forum account. Any praise or questions should be directed his way on Discord.

abidfaster

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 1, 2018
if anyone make a video of this tutorial will be more understandable for noooobs like me ...

TheRadziu

Uploader
Jun 3, 2018
Thanks for doing that! Although I did end up with making an account here anyway. Keep in mind folks that I still would like to get questions on discord since I'm almost always online there.

Thank you, Very clean and really well written.

Just the thing I was looking for.

Do you know how to repack a theme?
Thank you :D
Last part of the tutorial says how to do it.

How do you dump a game and update separately?
Either do not use dumper.cfg or keep split setting set to 3.

edit: here are some notes about DLCs
-To use fake Unlock DLC you need the required patch Installed, since (unlock) DLC itself does not contain any game files, for example: Stormy Ascent DLC for N.Sane trilogy requires AT LEAST Patch 1.01 installed,
-Unlock DLCs can be hit and miss, for example in my tests all faked Unlock DLCs worked just fine (assuming required Patch was installed) but I had one report that Horizon Zero Dawn (not complete edition!) refused to unlock those DLCs after fpkg was installed. Contentids seemed to be correct as they were pulled from the actual DLC license(s) and they did match PSDLE export.
-Dumped DLCs (with data confirmed, without data not yet confirmed) can be used on retail games. For example, I did use Yffev's DLCs for Future Tone I was missing and they worked on my copy of a game(and I did not reinstall fpkg version of it, so game is still 'untouched'). There is small catch: if you have other 'purchased' DLCs installed they WILL STOP WORKING OUTSIDE HEN, so to use all DLCs in general YOU'LL need to enable HEN before playing the game with those DLCs.

Last edited:
Reactions: MistaAlCapwn

Jolafrite

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 9, 2018
thx :)

PinkLady333

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 23, 2018
if anyone make a video of this tutorial will be more understandable for noooobs like me ...

MODDED WARFARE on Youtube made some videos about that, dumping games, updates etc...
The tutorial was easy to follow

hamadoo14

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Apr 14, 2018
I dumped a game recently and after I installed and run it, it was refusing to save and download game data!
what's the problem? I did everything correctly.

John Carlo

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 28, 2018
I do not have the disc anymore but the game file is still installed in the ps4, is it possible to do this method or any method?

Zaiakursed

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jul 21, 2019
Japan
I dumped a game recently and after I installed and run it, it was refusing to save and download game data!
what's the problem? I did everything correctly.

Yep, Me too..
I've been searching through forums, I haven't found any answer to this question.

KilikaDenn13

Uploader
Feb 7, 2019
I dumped Just Cause 3 the other day for US. But i have other DLCs that no one has yet. I own them on my other PS4 which is non JB and PSN connected. I got the offical pkg links using PSDLE but i can't get them to work on my JB one. Not sure if its licensee thing. When i installed them they don't show up on my add on content when i click to view them nor do they show up when i try to FTP the -ac folders. BUT i created a fake license from psDLC and when i install the fake one then the offical one they show up on my addons and the -ac folders become accessible and i'm able to transfer it over. the sce folder though comes back as empty but all the DLC files transfer over. So i tried to create a fpkg with the files along with a created sfo but it dosen't seem to work.

I also tried this with the free maps for Killzone but a bunch of folders came back empty.

Also what is pfs_image.dat? it came from the -ac-nest folder

cunhak9

Contributor
Jul 26, 2020
One question: can we resume process of dumping a game? asking because i forgot that my ps4 had auto shutdown after 20min and during dumping it turn off, is the new dumping resuming the last one or it will dump all files again?

EDIT: already know, its a NO!

Last edited:

Alx_2004

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 19, 2018
hi there!
when I tried to dumped DLC, I opened /mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/ folder, but there was nothing
where are all my DLCs could be?