• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

256GB Steam Deck

Acid28

Game information
Oct 15, 2018
Planning to get one I have a couple of stupid questions.

1. Suppose I install a cracked Monster Hunter World. Can I play online? Will Steam block me?
2. How about if I play cracked games locally or offline? Is the act of installing cracked games bannable offense? Or they cannot detect you have a pirated game install?

Thank you for your reply.
1) I'm not sure. Depends on the crack and if that service has checks for that kind of thing. No, they won't ban you as they don't have any way of knowing similar to how Micro$oft wont' ban you for running pirarted software on Windows.
2) Nope, the only possability is if you are playing a game through steam online that you bought from them and you cheat. You can get a VAC ban but that only bans you from playing online you can still play your games offline. So just don't cheat in online games while they run through steam, this mostly only applies to actual game made by steam. CS:GO, Team Fortress etc.

Reactions: chunchunmaru

chunchunmaru

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Feb 18, 2020
1) I'm not sure. Depends on the crack and if that service has checks for that kind of thing. No, they won't ban you as they don't have any way of knowing similar to how Micro$oft wont' ban you for running pirarted software on Windows.
2) Nope, the only possability is if you are playing a game through steam online that you bought from them and you cheat. You can get a VAC ban but that only bans you from playing online you can still play your games offline. So just don't cheat in online games while they run through steam, this mostly only applies to actual game made by steam. CS:GO, Team Fortress etc.
I see. Thanks for the input. The Steamdeck itself is pretty expensive. The games I can buy will be limited. So, I might opt to use pirated games for some games.

Oh, a follow up question. I am seeing a service to upgrade 64gb variant to 1tb ssd.

Upgrading 256gb or 515gb to 1tb ssd is logical to me because they are already nvme ssd.

But 64gb is an emmc right? Is upgrading emmc to nvme ssd like plug and play like removing the emmc and inserting a new ssd?

Acid28

Game information
Oct 15, 2018
I see. Thanks for the input. The Steamdeck itself is pretty expensive. The games I can buy will be limited. So, I might opt to use pirated games for some games.

Oh, a follow up question. I am seeing a service to upgrade 64gb variant to 1tb ssd.

Upgrading 256gb or 515gb to 1tb ssd is logical to me because they are already nvme ssd.

But 64gb is an emmc right? Is upgrading emmc to nvme ssd like plug and play like removing the emmc and inserting a new ssd?
I have not done it. I found the 256 was fine and I put another 256GB SD. Not many games are over 200GB and I don't need 20+ games installed at the same time like some people want. However from what I saw, the SD is 100% the same across 64, 256 and 512. Only the 512 had the anti-glare screen. So you can put whatever drive in it and it'll work however you still want to get one that is fast enough. Try the steamdeck reddit, they have a list of some that lots of people have used. Be aware that swapping a SSD isn't super easy. Watch a few youtubes and read a few guides. Make sure you are 100% comfortable doing it. Don't pay someone else to do it, you are better off just getting a 256GB at that point and save yourself the trouble.

Reactions: chunchunmaru

chunchunmaru

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Feb 18, 2020
I have not done it. I found the 256 was fine and I put another 256GB SD. Not many games are over 200GB and I don't need 20+ games installed at the same time like some people want. However from what I saw, the SD is 100% the same across 64, 256 and 512. Only the 512 had the anti-glare screen. So you can put whatever drive in it and it'll work however you still want to get one that is fast enough. Try the steamdeck reddit, they have a list of some that lots of people have used. Be aware that swapping a SSD isn't super easy. Watch a few youtubes and read a few guides. Make sure you are 100% comfortable doing it. Don't pay someone else to do it, you are better off just getting a 256GB at that point and save yourself the trouble.
Thanks for the tip. Yeah the 256gb seems viable to me. I never play outside anyway. You have been very helpful.