• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018 released!

m0nadpr0xy

Yes, I'm a girl...
Retired staff
Jul 10, 2018
Hello everyone

Microsoft has released the new Redstone 5 update for Windows 10 with the build number 1809. For the most users this means another Windows 10 reinstall (basically this is what happens when you always get this feature updates). And with that come annoying things such as reinstallation of annoying spammy apps, games and etc. Also partially due to Microsoft's bad quality check and their "we do what WE WANT on YOUR SYSTEM" policy they even delete personal files or programs during such feature updates.

So if you don't want any of this annoying feature updates that can break your whole OS, delete your files, uninstall applications and etc there is a general solution available called Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019. LTSC stands for Long Term Service Channel. This means this is a special Windows 10 version that only gets security updates and no big feature updates. So no more Windows reinstallations when installing updates, no broken OS, no deleted files during upgrades or uninstalled programs. You only get the usual normal security updates, hot fixes and patches. Another plus of LTSC is that it doesn't come with all these Microsoft apps, games, the store and they have also fully removed the XBOX crap from it in the 2019 version.

ISOs are available online already and activation can be done through special tools like HWIDGEN.MK3 and others.

What do you think? I currently use Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016 which is the older version of Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 from 2016. I got the LTSC 2019 ISO from MSDN and will reinstall my devices for this new LTSC because I don't need all that Microsoft crap.

Reactions: 윤희지

윤희지

Staff member
Forum Admin
Mar 10, 2018
Seoul, South korea
Hello everyone

Microsoft has released the new Redstone 5 update for Windows 10 with the build number 1809. For the most users this means another Windows 10 reinstall (basically this is what happens when you always get this feature updates). And with that come annoying things such as reinstallation of annoying spammy apps, games and etc. Also partially due to Microsoft's bad quality check and their "we do what WE WANT on YOUR SYSTEM" policy they even delete personal files or programs during such feature updates.

So if you don't want any of this annoying feature updates that can break your whole OS, delete your files, uninstall applications and etc there is a general solution available called Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019. LTSC stands for Long Term Service Channel. This means this is a special Windows 10 version that only gets security updates and no big feature updates. So no more Windows reinstallations when installing updates, no broken OS, no deleted files during upgrades or uninstalled programs. You only get the usual normal security updates, hot fixes and patches. Another plus of LTSC is that it doesn't come with all these Microsoft apps, games, the store and they have also fully removed the XBOX crap from it in the 2019 version.

ISOs are available online already and activation can be done through special tools like HWIDGEN.MK3 and others.

What do you think? I currently use Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016 which is the older version of Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 from 2016. I got the LTSC 2019 ISO from MSDN and will reinstall my devices for this new LTSC because I don't need all that Microsoft crap.
Interesting, that be excellent. It is same with Windows 10 home/pro isn't?

Reactions: shel1980

m0nadpr0xy

Yes, I'm a girl...
Retired staff
Jul 10, 2018
It is not entirely the same. It's Windows 10 without bloatware and only with normal updates. Like you know it from Windows 7 where you just get normal updates.

It doesn't contain the Windows 10 apps, the app store and the XBOX integration. All of this has been removed. It also doesn't contain Cortana and other things that normal Windows 10 Home/Pro has.

And LTSC really only gets normal security updates and fixes for bugs and such. No huge feature updates that reinstall Windows everytime you run that update. And the other difference is that LTSC gets support for a lot of time (over 5 years + 5 years extended support) while normal Windows 10 gets support for a few years only and then they phase out support for the older builds.

윤희지

Staff member
Forum Admin
Mar 10, 2018
Seoul, South korea
It is not entirely the same. It's Windows 10 without bloatware and only with normal updates. Like you know it from Windows 7 where you just get normal updates.

It doesn't contain the Windows 10 apps, the app store and the XBOX integration. All of this has been removed. It also doesn't contain Cortana and other things that normal Windows 10 Home/Pro has.

And LTSC really only gets normal security updates and fixes for bugs and such. No huge feature updates that reinstall Windows everytime you run that update. And the other difference is that LTSC gets support for a lot of time (over 5 years + 5 years extended support) while normal Windows 10 gets support for a few years only and then they phase out support for the older builds.
Ahh, thanks for the know. Indeed some different. I should go with PRO only, I'll save for my money to buy PC Desktop gaming. I'll tell you, what is best of recommending graphics driver, RAM, etc more. :)

m0nadpr0xy

Yes, I'm a girl...
Retired staff
Jul 10, 2018
I have installed LTSC 2019 on my Ultrabook and my main computer. All hardware was detected well and drivers were installed fine. It runs perfectly without any kind of issues so far. Love it. No Windows Apps, no Windows Store, no annoying Cortana and etc. I tweaked it with Winaera Tweaker and adjusted settings and such. Installed my programs and imported backups of my data. All finished within less than 3 hours. The system is only 12.6 GB.