• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Tutorial UPGRADING/BACKING UP THE INTERNAL HDD: Or backing up Saves

Undying Wizard

Nice Guy
회원 | Member
Jun 12, 2018

Seen this asked a lot , I did not write this .

Thank GBATEMPS KIIWII

UPGRADING/BACKING UP THE INTERNAL HDD:

Adding More Storage! :

• Back up your data, but don't use official methods to backup your fake signed games and apps, use FTP to copy the USER/APP/XXXXXXXXX/APP.PKG (fake signed games) to an external backup: rename them as the CUSAXXXXX folders they came out of to remind you what they were.
    You can retain SAVES by using the built in options under: [Settings] > [System] > [Backup and Restore] > [Back Up PS4] (Deselect Applications).You can also retain TROPHIES by copying the USER/HOME/XXXXXXXXX/TROPHY folder and the USER/TROPHY folder via FTP (be careful to keep them separate as they are named the same)
  • Replace the HDD:
    You can internally upgrade the PS4 to 8tb max, however the dimensions of the HDD must be no taller than 9.5mm to fit in the enclosure (2.5inch Sata HDD).
  • Reinstall the System software in safe mode (option 7):
    5.05 RECOVERY PUP - MD5: C2A602174F6B1D8EF599640CD276924A

• Restore the data that has been backed up: Once upgraded restore your saves again using the [Backup and Restore] option, restore trophies using FTP, and restore games by reinstalling the APP.PKG files to internal (You can move them to external if you want using APPTOUSB: see below)
NOW YOU HAVE MORE STORAGE!

Undying Wizard

Nice Guy
회원 | Member
Jun 12, 2018
it's all so easy

daydakar

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Aug 27, 2018
is this will work if I used apptousb instead of ftp

ponching27

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jul 8, 2018
can i use SSD?

DEDSEC

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jul 24, 2018
can i use app2usb instead of ftp(cant get FTP or Any other ps4 things like save mounter ...to work on my damn win10)

becksterorange

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 19, 2018
Just upgraded my ps4 500gb hdd to a 1tb hdd using this guide. It was really easy and I didn't lose a thing. I'm still on firmware 6.72.

Last edited:

Elvino

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 27, 2021
Just upgraded my ps4 500gb hdd to a 1tb hdd using this guide. It was really easy and I didn't lose a thing. I'm still on firmware 6.72.
what about the part of the fpkg saves? Did you first copied them with ftp , then deleted them and after that you restored?

becksterorange

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 19, 2018
I pretty much followed the tutorial to the letter. So, I used the system backup and restore on my ps4 for my saves. For everything else I used ftp. All my fake games were on an external hard drive so I didn't have to back them up.