• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Tutorial Previously owned games not playable anymore. Solution!

umculi2000

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jan 25, 2022
If you want to play a previously owned game, you won't be able to play it anymore.

Starting the Retail version will lead to an error, so you can't even start it.
Starting a fpkg of the same game might actually let you start the game but you can't create new savedata because it always says corrupted data, so you most likely won't even get further than the startscreen. Finally I have have found a solution, which I want to share with you.

If you have the same issue, here is my solution:
Please read everything carefully since doing one mistake could leave you to corrupting the entitlement database!

Solution:

Additional steps
only required, if you have or had the retail game installed already (not neccessary if the game has been owned but never installed before):

1A. - Do steps 1. and 2. of the "Actual Solution" -> continue with step 2A.
2A. - If you still have the retail version installed, delete it. If not, continue with step 3A.
3A. - Open the Debug Settings -> Game -> Add Content Manager -> Entitlement control (wait, it can take some minutes) -> continue with:

-> Option 1 (Game still installed): -> select your game -> choose all -> click "delete disabled entitlements"
-> Option 2 (Game previously deleted): -> "Other" -> only select the entries with the Title ID of your game (e.g. CUSA12345) --> click "delete disabled entitlements"

4A. - Delete the game if it's still installed [should have been deleted in step 3A. already]
5A. - Continue with step 1. of the "Actual Solution"

Actual Solution (if "Additional steps" don't apply to you or you already completed them):

1. Copy the entitlement.db Database in /system_data/priv/license to your PC via FTP or USB Disk.
2. Make a backup copy of the entitlement.db!
3. Open the entitlement.db with a DB Browser like SQLite.
4. Open the table "entitlement_your acc/profile ID" (e.g. "entitlement_0123456789")
5. Search for (filter) the Titel ID (e.g. CUSA12345) in the Entitlement_ID column
6. Now you should only see all the license entries for the the TItle ID you set as the filter. Delete all currently shown records.
7. Write Changes (save the file).
8. Copy (replace) this modified entitlement.db to the original location on your PS4 and you should now be able to run the fpkg.

Please note, you can't use the retail savegames for this game anymore, for two main reasons:
- You can't use the Retail version of the game because it's locked
- You'd have to add the keystone of your Retail version to the fpkg you want to use, which is impossible since you're not able to obtain it because you can't start the Retail version in the fist place

Personal comment:
I know this is a rare situation to encounter but I'm so happy to have found a solution finally, after trying out everything I could imagine and actually the final method I had planned left worked after days of trying.

I want to share this solution with you because I was so frustrated to not find anything that helped and "working" on solving this issue was very exhausting, so I hope this can be helpful for anyone. :)

Method tested and working on System Verison 9.0

Reactions: agagagahajw1

agagagahajw1

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jan 17, 2022
Earth
Thank you so much, you saved my day! :giggle:(y)

Can confirm it works on System Version 9.0. :)

Reactions: umculi2000

RexXxy

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 23, 2018
"- You'd have to add the keystone of your Retail version to the fpkg you want to use, which is impossible since you're not able to obtain it because you can't start the Retail version in the fist place"

Actually you CAN still grab the keystone if you can't start the game, as you get it from your SAVE GAME instead, which was made using the retail copy. Ten it will be the proper keystone.
It's located in the sce_sys folder of your save game.
It's the same keystone file as the one in the retail pkg. they are exact copies of each other - just need to decrypt your saves using something like Apollo PS4 or PS4 Save Mounter to get the keystone.
And then extract and repackage your Fpkg game with this keystone and use PS4-Fake-PKG-Tools-3.87 version patched by CyB1K which will build a fpkg with the legit keystone. :)
It's a lil bit of work doing this (especially having to repackage a game if it's a big game) but works great. And your saves will be OK. Just don't try to use them before as they will be flagged as corrupt then. (But if it already has been marked as corrupt *might still* be able to mount the save - don't remember if I tried that though)

Last edited: