• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Check out: DKS-Discord
  • Forum - DKS is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Tutorial TegraRCMGIU: no need to take SD card out of Switch to transfer files

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
what can you do with this tutorial? No need to keep removing your SD card out of your switch to add or remove files, update hombrew apps, transfer your save files to your HDD for safekeeping, (Taking SD card in and out a few thousand times and the cooper metal starts to degrade)

Yes this works on exFAT and FAT32
I was helping someone with their switch over at discord channel. when i advised him "there is no need to take SD card out to remove or tranfer files to your tendo switch SD card" then I got a few dozen messages of people asking me how. even from advanced users
for that reason i am posting this tutorial:

we all have tegraRCMGUI so here is the Tut:

Hidden content
  1. Make sure your Tendo Switch is in RCM (no this will not work if your switch is ON) if auto RCM is enabled like it should on your switch. HOLD power button for 5 seconds then shut off. and it will automatically be in RCM.
  2. then plug nintendo switch to your computer and run tegraRCMGUI
  3. in tegraRCMGUI click on "tools" (see image 1.0 below circled in orange)
  4. Click on "Memloader" (see image 1.0 below ) make sure MMC- SD card is selected)
  5. Your computer will detect the SD card. you can edit all files including atmosphere, update homebrew apps, get pictures and screenshots from your switch, get your save files etc etc )
image 1.0​

Steps to get your switch back on:
1) simply hold down power for 5 seconds (the switch will turn off) (let go of power button)
2) then push the power button AGAIN and tegraRCM will detect your switch again so you can inject payload. (this is with auto RCM, if you swith is not in AUTO RCM you have to manually put your switch in RCM. )

Warning: yes you can update atmosphere and sigpatches no problem. just dont try to boot with out atmosphere files in your sd card ( duhhh :poop:)
I will go to the extreme , but here are some tips to help prevent issues with your sd card:
Do not take sd card out while the nintendo switch is ON. it has to be OFF
Do not touch the copper, grease, sweat, food residue can mess your SD
Metal copper wears out as you keep pushing and pulling SD card in and out of your Switch
Do not let your child play with it
Keep it away from electric or shock sources

Attachments

• Screenshot (206).png
    Screenshot (206).png
    37.6 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

Azrial

Midlife Gamer
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Dec 23, 2019
Good old Blighty
Been using this since day one, highly recommend it, so easy to use too.

Reactions: DorianX

alan666

DKS Member
DKS Member
May 28, 2020
thnks ! good info for a noob like me.

shapnil

DKS Member
DKS Member
Jun 28, 2018
My friend, YOU are a Godsend, this tutorial is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much sir. :thumbsup:

nighthawk

DKS Member
Jun 27, 2018
Question: Is it possible to use FTP instead, with switch on? Thanks

MrPickles08

DKS Member
DKS Member
Sep 18, 2020
Can I do this on the sx os?

prb

Uploader
Aug 25, 2018
Question: Is it possible to use FTP instead, with switch on? Thanks
I personally just use hekate now easy just to hit restart on switch boots into hekate and just select tools then usb nice and easy for usb not ftp

linkunta

DKS Member
DKS Member
Feb 24, 2020
thank you for sharing this info. good to know this tip