• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Savedata restore through FTP after initializing

faixan

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 31, 2018
Hello everyone.
So i backup my savedata and savedata_meta through FTP and then i initialized my PS4 for a fresh start (as i was having a lot of kernal panics when using HEN)
but i'm unable to restore my save data through FTP..the game shows my savegames as corrupt..is there any way to restore them? i have put a lot of hours playing them..

also is there any way to backup and restore savegames easily if i start playing any game again?

LightningMods

Fire Member
Trusted developer
Mar 9, 2018
Hello everyone.
So i backup my savedata and savedata_meta through FTP and then i initialized my PS4 for a fresh start (as i was having a lot of kernal panics when using HEN)
but i'm unable to restore my save data through FTP..the game shows my savegames as corrupt..is there any way to restore them? i have put a lot of hours playing them..

also is there any way to backup and restore savegames easily if i start playing any game again?

@DarkElement is the best to ask but .. formatting your PS4 doesn't get rid of kpanics...

faixan

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 31, 2018
yes but i read it somewhere that after updating to 5.05 from a previous firmware its better to reinitialize...if you are having a lot of kernal panics...
if I'm using cached HEN then i dont often get kernal panics...is there anyway to get less kernal panics?
is there any way to restore saves? or backup my new ones?
@DarkElement

keye

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jul 28, 2018
yes but i read it somewhere that after updating to 5.05 from a previous firmware its better to reinitialize...if you are having a lot of kernal panics...
if I'm using cached HEN then i dont often get kernal panics...is there anyway to get less kernal panics?
is there any way to restore saves? or backup my new ones?
@DarkElement

Forget about those savedatas
they only work if you DONT format
you already formatted so they are useless now.

faixan

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 31, 2018
so is there any way to make a backup of savedata so its useable even after formatting? or incase the harddisk doesn't work anymore?

faixan

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 31, 2018
i found this method on GBAtemp by KiiWii and i was wondering if i can make backups through the system restore option and restore them incase i decide to format/change my harddisk in the future?
will the save data still work?

• Back up your data, but don't use official methods to backup your fake signed games and apps, use FTP to copy the USER/APP/XXXXXXXXX/APP.PKG(fake signed games) to an external backup: rename them as the CUSAXXXXX folders they came out of to remind you what they were.
    You can retain SAVES by using the built in options under: [Settings] > [System] > [Backup and Restore] > [Back Up PS4] (Deselect Applications).You can also retain TROPHIES by copying the USER/HOME/XXXXXXXXX/TROPHY folder and the USER/TROPHY folder via FTP (be careful to keep them separate as they are named the same)
  • Replace the HDD:
    You can internally upgrade the PS4 to 8tb max, however the dimensions of the HDD must be no taller than 9.5mm to fit in the enclosure (2.5inch Sata HDD).
  • Reinstall the System software in safe mode (option 7):
    5.05 RECOVERY PUP - MD5: C2A602174F6B1D8EF599640CD276924A

• Restore the data that has been backed up: Once upgraded restore your saves again using the [Backup and Restore] option, restore trophies using FTP, and restore games by reinstalling the APP.PKG files to internal (You can move them to external if you want using APPTOUSB: see below)

Bereuza

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 29, 2018
I don't exactly remember if reinitializing hashes a new account or not (if it does than what I'm suggesting won't work), what you can try if you backed up your saves via FTP is to retransfer both savedata and savedata_meta to their respective directories and Rebuild Database (don't forget to backup your app.db, addcont.db and av_content_bg.db as rebuilding datase wipes it's contents).
Once the database is rebuilt just retransfer the .db files back and all should work, then again only if the account you had when you originally use FTP for backup is the same.