• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

[RELEASE] PS4IDENT - Find hackable consoles!

DEFAULTDNB

DKS Member
Trusted Programmers
Mar 15, 2018
I'm back with a new tool today which has one simple aim: identify the potential OFW version on a sealed new console (obviously this wont work for secondhand or refurbished consoles). No more need to scour the internet and search forums, I have done it for you!

PS4IDENT IS HOSTED HERE: https://bit.ly/2yiePVX
MIRRORS: <COMING SOON>

This is based on collated information (which is freely available) from PSDEVWIKI (HERE & HERE) Wikipedia (HERE), the uber-handy [Suggestion] PS4 Bundles & Firmware List thread by @scarecrow B , and a few long days of googling.

All you do is access the link, type in the relevant information from the console packaging and judge for your selves based on the traffic light warnings. (RED = forget it, YELLOW = possibly one OFW or the other, GREEN = almost definitely confirmed). To avoid confusion: this is a java script web app & it does not require it to be run on a PS4, it will not detect a PS4, it can be run on any browser that supports JS.

eSuUkxg.png

I also wanted to showcase the various limited and special edition consoles that have been released (included CUHJ- and CUHS- models). They have been included, with images, but a quick access drop down list I had prepared didnt add anything to the app so I ditched it for the first release.

L8Aksl2.png

There are almost definitely overlapping/conflicting data points, and so this beta phase STRICTLY aims for people to verify the data more than use it to find a console, & I am asking you guys for confirmation/additional data to make this more accurate.

While I have, and will continue to update this and do my best to provide honest and impartial data, I can not accept any responsibility for any purchases that result in a incorrect firmware. I think it's impossible to know what every bundle and package will contain, but this will definitely rule out and funnel down the known data we have available to us.

Reactions: mardonna2017