• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

PS4 Media Player 3.50 (VR) Patched for 5.05 / 5.07 by PS4Miner

rustomen

Request PS2 Games To Me
Uploader
Jun 12, 2018
This is not my upload I did not make the patch. It was made by ps4miner.

Posting this at ps4miner's request: This is a patched version of official PS4 Media Player 3.50 (VR supported) so it can play music and video on non PSN-activated console.

Will work only on 5.05/5.07 FW because it includes a kexec part with hardcoded offsets (sorry <5.05 guys, my bad).

Running on other than supported FW will make console to reboot.

Also do not forget to turn On MPEG-2 switch at "Debug Setting -> License Activation". Player is checking for it.

It's not the best variant of fixing this app, but it works for now (as a temporary solution).

Basically patch does two things:

1. It escalates privileges for the mplayer's process, so it can freely access the stuff it wants.

• *sonyCred = 0xffffffffffffffff; // sceSblACMgrIsSystemUcred
      *sceProcType = 0x3801000000000013; // sceSblACMgrGetDeviceAccessType
      I'm not sure if both patches are necessary. Probably second one is enough, too lazy to check.
    It patches SceMusicCoreServer process in memory.

• Function at SceMusicCoreServer+0x3640 will now always <return 0>.
5.07 FW is unchecked but it almost certainly working (at least video should).

Credits: jkpatch and ps4-hen-vtx

It looks like official packages somehow got more privileges than fpkgs so some applications are failing to work properly.
Probably a whitelist (which is coming from PSN on activation) or fpkgs lack of some sort of marker. More research is needed.

I wanted only this particular application to work, now my work is done. I hope you enjoy it :)

Filename: IP9100-CUSA02012_00-PS4MEDIAPLAYER00-A0100-V0350.pkg
MD5: D46A7932ACCD603C416D034440A3A8E8
SHA1: 7B437FEEB2414269A571CD1D28ECC9A6EE85BFC6

Link:

Enter the code below in base64decode.org and click the 'Decode' button for the download link:

aHR0cHM6Ly9tZWdhLm56LyMhcjdZU1dTRFMhdEd4OGdicFFrVTM5a3JGUnNKTFV4QnNoS05UUjVVaXY4MlZiRjNjYTZ3dw==

For those on 4.05/4.55 try this build and report if it works. the param.sfo file has been edited to change the required system version so should enable this FPKG to work on 4.05 and up. Its still completely based on the 3.50 update but the pkg making proccess should have enable the title to be decrypted on older machines however the .sfo file would say it needed a newer firmware. this should fix the file completely. Please anyone on these firmwares try this and report back.

aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cxMTcuemlwcHlzaGFyZS5jb20vdi9vSk41WGozZS9maWxlLmh0bWwNCg==

Source: Here
Where do i put the video files on my usb? root or i have to create a folder(s) ?

Ahmet Ali

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 12, 2018
Where do i put the video files on my usb? root or i have to create a folder(s) ?
For videos "VIDEOS" , for musics "MUSICS" folder to usb root.

Reactions: Monther Ahmed

unp

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 17, 2018
For videos "VIDEOS" , for musics "MUSICS" folder to usb root.

Videos can be in any folder as long as they are in a folder. It won't see them if they're on the root.

Ps4ModdersSquad

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jul 11, 2018
so patch is working well
no problems?

VonCunz

YARR!
회원 | Member
Jul 12, 2018
patch works perfect for me, no shutdowns atm, mp4 works (avi, mkv, etc., doesn't work) srt files can be read too. thanks for the share!

dav777

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 21, 2018
Awesome! Any chance PS4Miner can do this with the Netflix app?

Xian

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 31, 2018
Thanks for creating this ps4miner and thanks for sharing OP.

darkjedirey

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 16, 2018
Just made Littlstar app with Stooged's method. Need people to test
aHR0cHM6Ly93d3c0OC56aXBweXNoYXJlLmNvbS92L0lrS2VBZUFSL2ZpbGUuaHRtbA==

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawk188 and tock167

choquet86

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 13, 2018
Videos on USB plays very well. How do we play videos stored on the HDD, where to put the folder?

nitro

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jul 9, 2018
Just made Littlstar app with Stooged's method. Need people to test

not going

Mubbu

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jul 7, 2018
This is not my upload I did not make the patch. It was made by ps4miner.

Posting this at ps4miner's request: This is a patched version of official PS4 Media Player 3.50 (VR supported) so it can play music and video on non PSN-activated console.

Will work only on 5.05/5.07 FW because it includes a kexec part with hardcoded offsets (sorry <5.05 guys, my bad).

Running on other than supported FW will make console to reboot.

Also do not forget to turn On MPEG-2 switch at "Debug Setting -> License Activation". Player is checking for it.

It's not the best variant of fixing this app, but it works for now (as a temporary solution).

Basically patch does two things:

1. It escalates privileges for the mplayer's process, so it can freely access the stuff it wants.

• *sonyCred = 0xffffffffffffffff; // sceSblACMgrIsSystemUcred
      *sceProcType = 0x3801000000000013; // sceSblACMgrGetDeviceAccessType
      I'm not sure if both patches are necessary. Probably second one is enough, too lazy to check.
    It patches SceMusicCoreServer process in memory.

• Function at SceMusicCoreServer+0x3640 will now always <return 0>.
5.07 FW is unchecked but it almost certainly working (at least video should).

Credits: jkpatch and ps4-hen-vtx

It looks like official packages somehow got more privileges than fpkgs so some applications are failing to work properly.
Probably a whitelist (which is coming from PSN on activation) or fpkgs lack of some sort of marker. More research is needed.

I wanted only this particular application to work, now my work is done. I hope you enjoy it :)

Filename: IP9100-CUSA02012_00-PS4MEDIAPLAYER00-A0100-V0350.pkg
MD5: D46A7932ACCD603C416D034440A3A8E8
SHA1: 7B437FEEB2414269A571CD1D28ECC9A6EE85BFC6

Link:

Enter the code below in base64decode.org and click the 'Decode' button for the download link:

aHR0cHM6Ly9tZWdhLm56LyMhcjdZU1dTRFMhdEd4OGdicFFrVTM5a3JGUnNKTFV4QnNoS05UUjVVaXY4MlZiRjNjYTZ3dw==

For those on 4.05/4.55 try this build and report if it works. the param.sfo file has been edited to change the required system version so should enable this FPKG to work on 4.05 and up. Its still completely based on the 3.50 update but the pkg making proccess should have enable the title to be decrypted on older machines however the .sfo file would say it needed a newer firmware. this should fix the file completely. Please anyone on these firmwares try this and report back.

aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cxMTcuemlwcHlzaGFyZS5jb20vdi9vSk41WGozZS9maWxlLmh0bWwNCg==

Source: Here
Thnx

Reactions: Mohammad Haris

Syntex

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 3, 2018
FYI:
mp4 works
mkv works

avi does not work

when pausing a video for a few seconds and then continueing, it says file cannot be played and you return back to the file selection. Play the movie again and it continues playing from where you paused. A bit buggy but still cool it works somehow

Last edited:

deedie

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 20, 2018
any way to get a psvr that has been updated to the latest version, to run on 5.05 firmware ps4 pro. it just says need to update firmware to latest, every time I try to run a psvr title on my ps4 pro.

anyway around this?

luis67

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 28, 2018
Videos can be in any folder as long as they are in a folder. It won't see them if they're on the root.
Usb fat32 or ntfs??

loiuyt1207

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jul 29, 2018
VR mode not work. Is anyone like me ?

davetresuno

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Aug 6, 2018
guys, can i play blue ray movies with this???

Vedamalady

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jul 27, 2018
Hey thanks for sharing this. I wanted to ask if anyone has encountered this issue though.
I can install this fine and it seems to be working for anything up to 1080P. When I try 4K files though (even with the supported formats on the Playstation website), they all come up as cannot play. When I check the app version number it says 1.00. Has anyone encountered this and knows how to fix this issue?
Just to add some information I'm on a PS4 Pro Firmware 5.05, I have all of the licence activation information turned on an the console has never been on PSN. I'm using a 1080P TV currently until my 4K one is delivered next week (I really have no idea if this matters).

Syntex

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
May 3, 2018
Hey thanks for sharing this. I wanted to ask if anyone has encountered this issue though.
I can install this fine and it seems to be working for anything up to 1080P. When I try 4K files though (even with the supported formats on the Playstation website), they all come up as cannot play. When I check the app version number it says 1.00. Has anyone encountered this and knows how to fix this issue?
Just to add some information I'm on a PS4 Pro Firmware 5.05, I have all of the licence activation information turned on an the console has never been on PSN. I'm using a 1080P TV currently until my 4K one is delivered next week (I really have no idea if this matters).

what is beeing said to work on the official PS4 site doesn't mean it works with the media player here. For example .avi files do not work aswell and about the 4K support idk, maybe there is be a newer verison of Media player required.

Maybe we will get a better player fpkg than this one, who knows...