• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.

PS4 Database Rebuild deletes DLC licenses from HDD / Content from External HDD

PolicyLobbyz22

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Dec 3, 2019
I have been having a problem with my PS4 deleting my DLC off my external drive after rebuilding the database when the PS4 restarts due to a kernel panic or crash. I am not quite sure if it deletes the content or just the license files off the external drive because it has a separate restoration when the console boots back up so I am thinking it deletes the license files from the HDD when it rebuilds the database. Any suggestions on how to keep DLC after a kernel crash or how to stop the system from restoring itself? I was thinking that if I backup my database using DB backup than I could just restore my database after but I’m pretty sure it doesn’t get stored in the database. I am currently on a PS4 pro 5.05 (2nd gen) and store pretty much all my games on a 4TB external HDD.

aslink77

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jan 15, 2020
they were not deleted, there are tutorials that use a folder called release 1.01, since the PC is launched, and retrieves the links of almost all games, although some can not be deleted and very occasionally play

bortoloti

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Sep 21, 2018
This happened to me and I also thought they were deleted, but they are still there, I will teach you a very simple way to have them again. When the crash happens and the dlc on the external hard drive is gone, just after starting the ps4, activate the hen, go to settings, devices, usb storage devices, select your external hard drive, and click "stop using this extended storage ", after that, select your external hard drive again, and click on the option" use this extended storage ", after doing this, you will see that your external hard drive will read the content that is in it, and your dlc and content that you thought you had been deleted, they will be there again. It is very simple and easy. I discovered it myself, there is nothing explaining about it on the net. I hope you understand, I'm BR, I don't know how to write very well in English, so I used the google translator.

Reactions: dragon20

jeddaikyut

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Mar 2, 2019
i have a problem like this before, i think last 5 days only, then i search all in google what is the best solution here, when i turn hen 1.8 my ps4 got kernel panic and automatic off by accident, when i turn it on again automaticaly rebuild again and my hdd also, and the im shocked because i fix my 5days problem because of an accident hahaha, i have ps4 phat 5.05 and 4tb external drive with 200+ games.. try this one

dragon20

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Jun 16, 2018
This happened to me and I also thought they were deleted, but they are still there, I will teach you a very simple way to have them again. When the crash happens and the dlc on the external hard drive is gone, just after starting the ps4, activate the hen, go to settings, devices, usb storage devices, select your external hard drive, and click "stop using this extended storage ", after that, select your external hard drive again, and click on the option" use this extended storage ", after doing this, you will see that your external hard drive will read the content that is in it, and your dlc and content that you thought you had been deleted, they will be there again. It is very simple and easy. I discovered it myself, there is nothing explaining about it on the net. I hope you understand, I'm BR, I don't know how to write very well in English, so I used the google translator.
thanks it work :)