• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Discussion PC Power Question?

BwE

DKS Member
Trusted Programmers
Dec 27, 2018
I have an old ass Intel i7-920 with 18gb of DDR3 and a HD5800 AMD GFX Card.

Do I really need to update anything? Like it obviously runs well, but I imagine I have zero chance of playing any a++++++++ games.... I guess its why I just stick to my PS4.....

So, should I go all out? I think the only reason I would is so I can get a big **** off 35" wide screen, that in itself would require a new gfx card, which I cannot have due to my old arse motherboard, which means I gotta update EVERYTHING just to get a big **** you kinda screen....

just thinkin...

m0nadpr0xy

Yes, I'm a girl...
Retired staff
Jul 10, 2018
Lad, it's time for a new computer. You're still rocking the first generation of Intel Core i7. And that GPU is as ancient as Nvidia Geforce 9600GT. A new system with up to date hardware is a must.

Mr Miyagi

Bonsai Culturist
회원 | Member
Mar 15, 2019
420 ATL
find you a am3 cpu motherboard combo on marketplace amd fx 6300 and up so u can still use power supply and ram you have and look on facebook marketplace or craigslist for a budget graphics card in your range try for a gtx 950 as it is a solid card all around
this is for a low budget otherwise go out and buy a ryzen combo but you will need ddr4 ram as well then and still buy a graphics card will cost a bit more