• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Reviews [Official Review] Deep Sky Derelicts Definitive Edition [Nintendo Switch]

pu8b16ebc056e613024c057be590b542eb-1583934546-3700954-large.jpg

Review code provided by the developers

This review was supposed to come out long ago but I wanted the right person to review the game... anyway, here it is, our review of Deep Sky Derelicts.

This game was reviewed by 2 people, me and another member of the news team, keep that in mind when approaching this article.

deep-sky-derelicts-2018927115522_1.jpg

The tutorials are not very useful, I learned more from playing the game than I learned from the tutorial.

The game could have a fast forward option or an option to turn off combat animations.

Interesting combat.

Not noob friendly, this game is not for people who don't usually play this kind of game.

There's too much going on and too little I actually understand.

f9b6e83aa827ea9bce329c7249b74b05d6f04a042143b423036327634f4df10d_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.jpg

The game has a few dated systems.

Navigating through the menus is confusing.

The menus themselves are confusing, it was hard to tell what I was doing.

The story didn't get me engaged, it is very basic.

The art direction is good, the game looks like it came straight out of a comic book - at the same time, there aren't many visual elements, backgrounds tend to repeat themselves for example.

The soundtrack is pretty good, it can range from eerie to really action-packed kinda music, it does a good job at conveying the message that your characters are in space.

Ok, now I'll compare my experience with Twe's (the other news team member) experience.

Twe is into card and strategy games, while I am not really into this kind of game.

I myself didn't have such a good time figuring how things worked, however, both of us agree that combat and music are great.

Twe had fewer issues figuring things out. However, he found the story to be lacking and the combat to be inferior to that of other strategy/card games.

a4f5e35ab69976b9c6c1a0868295ec913833368b03889122b3eacb308bb1c6a2_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.jpg

Twe also had issues with the menus despite he being more used to this kind of game.

Let's talk about the characters - I didn't like most of them (I didn't like their design), Twe mostly chose his characters based on their stats. Obviously, as someone who is more experienced.

There's an option to play either at 30 or 60FPS but why would you want to play the game at 30FPS?

We found some things to be too slow or simply inconvenient, for example, to exit a dialogue you choose "<leave>" and then a text appears that says "<leave>" and then you have to press "A" again to actually keep playing, this process should be automatic.

deep-sky-derelicts-wallpaper-1.jpg

Graphics: 8/10 Very good

Difficulty: 6/10 The difficulty comes from trying to figure out the menus and how things work in general

Lasting appeal: 6/10 The story is just ok, nothing to write home about, the gameplay is ok, while the combat is cool and music is awesome, the inconveniences of it all overshadow the overall experience

Music: 9/10 Awesome soundtrack

Overall: 6.8/10 (Not an average)
I sadly cannot give the game a higher score, this game is meant for hardcore strategy/card game fans and I am not the target audience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: African