• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Check out: DKS-Discord
  • Forum - DKS is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Tutorial NSW upgrade to 12.0.1 Firmware including ALL files. Atmosphere,Hekate,Firmware

25c11b5f3b

DKS Member
DKS Member
Sep 6, 2020
I'm completely new to the Switch-scene and I see that you have threads on this for 10.2.0 and 12.0.1 but not 11.0.1.
If I wanted to update my switch to 11.0.1, as some of the homebrew apps I will be using are not supporting 12.0.x at the moment, can I use the files you provided and switch out the 12.0.1 firmware with the 11.0.1 firmware files and be ready to go, or should I replace more of the files, like Atmosphere and Hekate with older versions?

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
I'm completely new to the Switch-scene and I see that you have threads on this for 10.2.0 and 12.0.1 but not 11.0.1.
If I wanted to update my switch to 11.0.1, as some of the homebrew apps I will be using are not supporting 12.0.x at the moment, can I use the files you provided and switch out the 12.0.1 firmware with the 11.0.1 firmware files and be ready to go, or should I replace more of the files, like Atmosphere and Hekate with older versions?
Note: most homebrew apps are being or will be updated for 12.0.2 sooner than later. that being said. updating to 11.x.x will only make you update to 12 soon. hence double the work.

to answer your question: yes this files should work with 11.x.x and you shouldnt have issues.
if you do write a detailed error and I will provide necessary files.

Reactions: 25c11b5f3b

25c11b5f3b

DKS Member
DKS Member
Sep 6, 2020
Note: most homebrew apps are being or will be updated for 12.0.2 sooner than later. that being said. updating to 11.x.x will only make you update to 12 soon. hence double the work.

to answer your question: yes this files should work with 11.x.x and you shouldnt have issues.
if you do write a detailed error and I will provide necessary files.

Ok, I think I'll just sit patiently and wait for them to be updated then. I'm completely new to this, so it's better for me to update once rather than twice. Thanks for your quick reply. :)
— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —
One more question, I just saw on Darthsternie's twitter that they've just dumped the firmware for 12.0.2. Can I use that with your AllInOnePackage as well, and just remove the 12.0.1 folder and add the 12.0.2 firmware or should I wait until the rest of the files in the AllInOnePackage is updated as well? Or are they already compatible with 12.0.2?

Azrial

Midlife Gamer
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Dec 23, 2019
Good old Blighty
Ok, I think I'll just sit patiently and wait for them to be updated then. I'm completely new to this, so it's better for me to update once rather than twice. Thanks for your quick reply. :)
One more question, I just saw on Darthsternie's twitter that they've just dumped the firmware for 12.0.2. Can I use that with your AllInOnePackage as well, and just remove the 12.0.1 folder and add the 12.0.2 firmware or should I wait until the rest of the files in the AllInOnePackage is updated as well? Or are they already compatible with 12.0.2?
No, you need new Atmosphere, sigpatches for version 12.0.2, just use version 12.0.1, does the same job.

Reactions: 25c11b5f3b

Sandancer

Uploader
Apr 1, 2018

I'm in the same situation as you, just ordered my unpatched switch on saturday, hope it will be here tommorow or wednesday

25c11b5f3b

DKS Member
DKS Member
Sep 6, 2020
No, you need new Atmosphere, sigpatches for version 12.0.2, just use version 12.0.1, does the same job.
Ok, thank you. :)

I'm in the same situation as you, just ordered my unpatched switch on saturday, hope it will be here tommorow or wednesday

I just got mine. Just waiting for my 256GB memory card and jig to arrive and I can start. Hoping everything goes well for us beginners. :)

Azrial

Midlife Gamer
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Dec 23, 2019
Good old Blighty
Ok, thank you. :)

I just got mine. Just waiting for my 256GB memory card and jig to arrive and I can start. Hoping everything goes well for us beginners. :)
Buy the biggest memory card you can afford, you'll fill 256GB easily.

25c11b5f3b

DKS Member
DKS Member
Sep 6, 2020
Buy the biggest memory card you can afford, you'll fill 256GB easily.
That is the biggest I can afford, unfortunately. It costs me 60$, but if I want to go 512GB it's gonna cost me 142$ (local currency converted to american $). I could buy online from overseas, but that's gonna set me back even more because of the shipping and customs. :(

Azrial

Midlife Gamer
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Dec 23, 2019
Good old Blighty
That is the biggest I can afford, unfortunately. It costs me 60$, but if I want to go 512GB it's gonna cost me 142$ (local currency converted to american $). I could buy online from overseas, but that's gonna set me back even more because of the shipping and customs. :(
Try picking up a 2nd hand one from Gamestop or someplace, in the UK, I can pick up a 512GB for about £40 ($56) 2nd hand, just make sure the shop offers a warranty.

25c11b5f3b

DKS Member
DKS Member
Sep 6, 2020
Try picking up a 2nd hand one from Gamestop or someplace, in the UK, I can pick up a 512GB for about £40 ($56) 2nd hand, just make sure the shop offers a warranty.
There's no GameStop near us anymore as they all closed down last year, but the 2nd hand market is not a bad idea. I'll scour it and see if I can pick up a cheap 512GB one, if anyone other than the homebrew scene uses those. ;)

Reactions: Azrial

Wekd

DKS Member
DKS Member
Feb 27, 2020
Since I have a sx pro, I am still using sxos firmware 11.0.0
I did a few research however still very few clips or article provided enough information for me.

Can I use sysnand 11.0.0 for sxos
and Emunand for the latest atmosphere?

Is it complicate to do the transfer which i have to in certain point, otherwise i can't play the latest game!
Thx for helping!

Dimpfel

DKS Member
DKS Member
May 29, 2018
Similar question as Wekd's ... I have a Switch with an Sx Core and still on firmware 10.2.0. Will this work for me as well?

rav90

Fire Member
DarkSoftware Silver
Apr 24, 2020
Very good tutorial. Thank you dorianx12!! Appreciate that!

Reactions: DorianX

Gawlisz

DKS Member
DKS Member
Jul 26, 2020
Propably stupid question but how can i install daybreak?

rav90

Fire Member
DarkSoftware Silver
Apr 24, 2020
Propably stupid question but how can i install daybreak?
Everything is inside the file. Just copy paste

Last edited:

spuderump

DKS Member
DKS Member
Feb 26, 2020
How does one launch .XCIs on this new fw?

Azrial

Midlife Gamer
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Dec 23, 2019
Good old Blighty
How does one launch .XCIs on this new fw?
You install them like you would a NSP file, you can't mount files on Atmosphere, everything has to be installed on the SD card.

splitcross

DKS Member
DKS Member
Dec 28, 2019
Thank you so much for the detailed tutorial Dorian. I was on fw 9.0 and was always afraid to update because I wasn't comfortable with doing the updates myself. Tried updating following your steps and got the update working the first try and able to play all the new games!

Much appreciated !!

Last edited:

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
Thank you so much for the detailed tutorial Dorian. I was on fw 9.0 and was always afraid to update because I wasn't comfortable with doing the updates myself. Tried updating following your steps and got the update working the first try and able to play all the new games!

Much appreciated !!
thanks for your input. I am glad

prb

Uploader
Aug 25, 2018
another great tutorial