• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Check out: DKS-Discord
  • Forum - DKS is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Tutorial NSW upgrade to 12.0.1 Firmware including ALL files. Atmosphere,Hekate,Firmware

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
Atmosphere and Daybreak.nro will be used to upgrade

In this tutorial i will show you how to upgrade to firmware 12.0.1 and atmosphere to the latest version without burning fuses. I also made an allinonepackage rar file . ( it contains everything you will need. i.e { sigpatches, fuseeprimary, hekate bootloader, Daybreak homebrew app and even the FIRMWARE file} you DO NOT NEED TO look for sigpatches. they are included already

This tutorial will be made with the safest method possible. Daybreak.nro i will NO longer user ChoidjourNX. in other words the file you will download will only be compatible with daybreak.

How to prepare for the update : DO NOT Proceed if you havent done this
1) make sure you uninstall any themes you might have installed with themeinstallerNX
BEFORE proceeding ahead. if you havent installed any themes go ahead without worries.
2) if you have a game cartridge INSIDE your switch take it OUT.
3) If you have any tesla modules or cheats well disable.

on with the tutorial below

Hidden content
To see this hidden content, you must like this content.
Enjoy.

Things you should know about​

IF you want to play game cartridges your sysnand and emunand have to be in the SAME FIRMWARE VERSION

here is a picture of Tinwoo homebrew app in case you people dont know

Attachments

• Screenshot (17).png
    Screenshot (17).png
    11.6 KB · Views: 146
  • Screenshot (19).png
    Screenshot (19).png
    11 KB · Views: 93
  • Screenshot (14).png
    Screenshot (14).png
    65.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot (22).png
    Screenshot (22).png
    120.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot (23).png
    Screenshot (23).png
    114.2 KB · Views: 85
  • Screenshot (24).png
    Screenshot (24).png
    52.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot (25).png
    Screenshot (25).png
    51.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot (26).png
    Screenshot (26).png
    48 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot (27).png
    Screenshot (27).png
    40.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot (28).png
    Screenshot (28).png
    59.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot (29).png
    Screenshot (29).png
    59.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot (30).png
    Screenshot (30).png
    66.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot (31).png
    Screenshot (31).png
    131.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot (32).png
    Screenshot (32).png
    60.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot (33).png
    Screenshot (33).png
    300.9 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:

Muhammad

DKS Member
Staff member
Forum Admin
Feb 22, 2021
Very poggers

Reactions: DorianX

mirnes84

DKS Member
May 31, 2018
Thank you Dorian...Something went wrong 4 me. I followed OK till step 4, it woludn't detect RCM, but I changed lap top and remembered that I have to install driver in tergra, a soon as I did that, RCM was detected - injected paylod succesfully, and my switch started booting, saw the atmosphere logo and sept written beneath. Countinued to read the tut, but when I looked at my switch it didn't turn on, just black, nothing to select - what should I do now?
— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —
Update: OK so I removed SD card, reinsert, connected to PC, and RCM detected, injected payload OK. This time I get this error in pic 1, pressed power and am now on pic 2. Any help, I adjusted the time, and am now in hekate (launch, more configs, payloads...) how to move on, just hit launch or reboot?
Update 2: OK, so I managed to install it, powered off switch from hekate - and started from step 1, and this time everything went fine, without the error on atmosphere. I didnt had to hold R button on game to get to daybrake, just hit A on album like before. I think the cause for the first error is that I put outdated files in atmosphere folder (files to use external BT controllers on switch). Gave me a little scare, case I don't have jig and rely on autoRCM...glad everything went fine :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
step 4 very important to delete the OLD FUSEE PRIMARY and use the NEW FUSEE primary I provided
yes very important not to have conflicting or outdated atmosphere files.

Last edited:
Reactions: mirnes84

GiangBuiVan

DKS Member
DKS Member
Aug 11, 2020
Can I use this guide to switch from SXOS to Atmosphere?

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
Can I use this guide to switch from SXOS to Atmosphere?
yes you can totally do it
just drag and drop all the files inside the "SD" folder that is inside the AllinOnepackage. ( make sure not to delete any sx os files untill you are totally running atmosphere)
there is another folder called "PC" inside of it its the latest version of TEGRA RCM you need to run that program to send the fuseeprimary payload. (you can still use your payload injector from sx os later but do it when you are done with the tutorial)

JayMathis

Paladin
DKS Member
Feb 26, 2020
I have hundreds of Retroarch forwarders and from my understanding they break in 12.0.1. Really sucks.

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
I have hundreds of Retroarch forwarders and from my understanding they break in 12.0.1. Really sucks.
some intermidiate and high skill level homebrew apps also arent working at the moment.

i assume its a matter of time

JayMathis

Paladin
DKS Member
Feb 26, 2020
some intermidiate and high skill level homebrew apps also arent working at the moment.

i assume its a matter of time

Yeah I've been moving them to PC though and adding them to Launchbox. It happened on firmware 9 and now 12, and even though some people are coming up with alternatives to make forwarders I would have to make them again regardless and who knows I might make them again then on firmware 13 or 14 or whenever they don't work again so just moving to PC and i use SkyNX where I can stream my PC on Switch so technically I can still play the same games on Switch. Although I don't think I can leave my house and use that app.

Azrial

Midlife Gamer
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Dec 23, 2019
Good old Blighty
I've followed everything correctly to the word, got to Stage 4, and after rebooting my Switch, I'm greeted with a black screen with the message
'[ERROR] fatal error: Failed to stat stage2 (atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin)!'
Press POWER to reboot.

And rebooting keeps giving me the same error, I'm using the fusee file from your all in one package, so I know they are correct.

Help me Obi One @dorianx12 your my only hope!

(I'm really getting too old for this crap!)

Hold on, I think I found my boo boo..........
Boo Boo averted I think, it's booting, yay!

Update applied and I'm now on 12.0.1IAMS 0.19.1IS
Dorian, I love you sir.

Update: How can I get it to launch directly into Atmosphere and not Hekate? Also, why can't I use themes anymore?

Last edited:

mirnes84

DKS Member
May 31, 2018
I've followed everything correctly to the word, got to Stage 4, and after rebooting my Switch, I'm greeted with a black screen with the message
'[ERROR] fatal error: Failed to stat stage2 (atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin)!'
Press POWER to reboot.

And rebooting keeps giving me the same error, I'm using the fusee file from your all in one package, so I know they are correct.

Help me Obi One @dorianx12 your my only hope!

(I'm really getting too old for this crap!)

Hold on, I think I found my boo boo..........
Boo Boo averted I think, it's booting, yay!

Update applied and I'm now on 12.0.1IAMS 0.19.1IS
Dorian, I love you sir.

Update: How can I get it to launch directly into Atmosphere and not Hekate? Also, why can't I use themes anymore?
I had the same error on step 4

Azrial

Midlife Gamer
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Dec 23, 2019
Good old Blighty
I had the same error on step 4
Yeah I was a dick, I had accidentally put all the files in the Switch folder, not on the root.

JayMathis

Paladin
DKS Member
Feb 26, 2020

Update: How can I get it to launch directly into Atmosphere and not Hekate?

Copy Atmosphere to root of sd card (if not already) and send fusee-primary payload instead of hekate. Very simple.

Azrial

Midlife Gamer
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Dec 23, 2019
Good old Blighty
I'm already doing that, sending Fusee with Atmos in the root, but it's booting into Hekate on boot still.
Worked out the theme issue, didn't know that NXTheme Installer had updated very recently, for this very fault.

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
I'm already doing that, sending Fusee with Atmos in the root, but it's booting into Hekate on boot still.
Worked out the theme issue, didn't know that NXTheme Installer had updated very recently, for this very fault.
yes as stated before. some homebrew apps are still being updated as firmware 12.0.1 is NEW
if you find a homebrew not working check the homebrew webpage to see if a new update is available.

thanks for your input @mirnes84 @Azrial @JayMathis

I made a small change on the wording. at step 4.
whenever you have issues booting means atmosphere folder.

some people are just copying the folder and overwriting over files inside atmosphere and thats wrong NOT deleting like stated on the guide.
also some people might use the same old fusee primary . and NOT the NEW one as stated.

Last edited:
Reactions: kimjongcracks

Azrial

Midlife Gamer
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Dec 23, 2019
Good old Blighty
Any idea why I can't play my physical cartridges on 12?

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
Any idea why I can't play my physical cartridges on 12?
did you make sure no game cartridge was inside the switch when you followed the guide to update?
your nogc=0 ?

Last edited:

Azrial

Midlife Gamer
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Dec 23, 2019
Good old Blighty
Yep, took it out. When I put a card in now, I get a error saying that the card cannot be read and if problem persists to contact Nintendo as there may be a fault with either the card or the Switch. No idea what you mean by nogc=0?

Figured it out, I had no BCTI.ini file in the config folder, so copied one from a previous build and updated it.

Last edited:
Reactions: philltery