• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Check out: DKS-Discord
  • Forum - DKS is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Tutorial NSW how to upgrade Firmware 10.0.2 without burning Fuses

FiSh.PaSte

Defenestration Demonstrator
Uploader
Sep 1, 2018
WASP-12b
Might have to try a new mem card, everything still seems to be working on this one data i copied over for firmware 10.02 deleted fine no sign of corruption , games work , homebrew working, Card is a SanDisk 128gb mirco

prb

Uploader
Aug 25, 2018
Might have to try a new mem card, everything still seems to be working on this one data i copied over for firmware 10.02 deleted fine no sign of corruption , games work , homebrew working, Card is a SanDisk 128gb mirco
just try backing up old memory card to pc and reformat it so its fresh place only basic files on it newly downloaded atmosphere and so on then try flashing new fw if it works just copy back old data form backup worth a try before buying new memory card

Reactions: FiSh.PaSte

FiSh.PaSte

Defenestration Demonstrator
Uploader
Sep 1, 2018
WASP-12b
Will give that a go, fingerz crossed that solves it.

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
I'm seeing the odd game now with a 10.0.3 or 10.0.4 required firmware. I've been too busy to update from 9.2.0.... let me know when you think it's safe to go to 10.0.4.

From what I read... it doesn't seem like a big deal.
animal crossing says it requires 10.0.4 but i installed it on 10..0.2 and works just fine.

10.0.3 and 10.0.4 are insignificant updates. if i were you i would do 10.0.2 right now as games with required 10.0.4 could pottentially be patched

Squall

DKS Member
DKS Member
May 28, 2018
I don't know what I did wrong, but after booting up the switch again (step 3) it boots up into the OFW 4.1.0.
Usually when the console powers off (battery dies and such) it boots straight into hekate and then I can access the emuMMC and use homebrew. But now I'm stuck in the OFW and can't get into hekate. I have no RCM jig.
Help anyone?

Edit:
Nevermind, I just got stressed out and dumbingly forgot that I have to access pegascape :oops:

Edit 2:
Everything worked, thanks for the tutorial OP! The settings now show system version 10.0.2| AMS 0.12.0|E.

However, while going through the steps, I wasn't able to inject a payload since the moment I plugged the console to the PC it turned back on into OFW. From there I managed to access the CFW through pegascape and hekate and now everything seems fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: DorianX

rav90

Fire Member
DarkSoftware Silver
Apr 24, 2020
hey i need a help. im on a step 15b. cant click inject payload.. dunno why. switch sceen is black its on rcm mode. but tegrarcm says norcm:(

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
hey i need a help. im on a step 15b. cant click inject payload.. dunno why. switch sceen is black its on rcm mode. but tegrarcm says norcm:(
i can help you with that.

in tegrarcmgui go to the tools tab make sure driver is installed.
also if for some reason the switch is OFF it wont be detected., go ahead and press power button once real quick while connected to the computer and tegra should be able to detect it

joey1994

DKS Member
DKS Member
Sep 11, 2020
First of all i would like to thank you for the nice tutorial.

I'm a little bit scared of updating because i have a hacked switch and didnt do the hacking myself.
It has a m0 chip on it.

These are the maps i have Choidujournnx installed.
Im just scared it will mess up my hacking and the steps you describe are good but my map folders look different.
Can you please confirm if its safe to update?

eABjb3t.png

JSW2AS1.png

I have a boot in hekate and am scared if i delete it my switch wont boot.

Thanks for your time
— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —
It doesnt work it doesnt want to boot what do i have to do now