• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Tutorial NSW how to upgrade Firmware 10.0.2 without burning Fuses

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
I have been having an issue recently with Heakate myself. Since updating everything I can't get it to stop going through Hekate on reboot to payload. I just don't want to screw up my boot but how do I safely get rid of HEkate and still have it safely autobook to fusee on reboot/crash?
Thank you for help
— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

EDIT: I was able to go back into Hekate and choose to autoboot into fusee, but is there a safe way to just remove hekate all together? I only need it for initial injection right? I don't sidechain or emummc.

If on "reboot to payload" system goes to Hekate dont worry about it. you are ok as long you dont send wrong payload.

tap on "Payloads" there you will see "Fusee-primary.bin" tap on it and your system will boot into clean atmopshere

what you shoud NOT be doing. tapping on payloads then tapping on hekate 5.2.1.bin

here is more info: if anyone wants to know where that file comes from in hekate. it comes from this patch in your SD card. you can delete hekate payload its fine. DO NOT delete fusee primary. in fact if you have the old version of fusee go ahead and update it.

Attachments

• Screenshot (216).png
    Screenshot (216).png
    220.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot (217).png
    Screenshot (217).png
    30.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot (218).png
    Screenshot (218).png
    9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Reactions: African

Azrial

Midlife Gamer
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Dec 23, 2019
Good old Blighty
@dorianx12 The problem I've got is I can only get a 4GB card to be read by my Switch now, anything bigger than that comes up with the fatal error, I've tried 32/128/256/400 and 512GB cards, all give the fatal error, only a 4GB works, which is fine for a couple of indie titles, but nothing else, all my game collection is currently useless.

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
@dorianx12 The problem I've got is I can only get a 4GB card to be read by my Switch now, anything bigger than that comes up with the fatal error, I've tried 32/128/256/400 and 512GB cards, all give the fatal error, only a 4GB works, which is fine for a couple of indie titles, but nothing else, all my game collection is currently useless.
i know how to fix that error. ping me at discord. i am available right now @ Dorianx12

since you have a working 4GB SD card: go ahead and follow the guide again with that 4GB sd card. . Open Choidujourn follow all steps when you get to the point of "choosing file system" "choose' EXFAT. follow the guide till you get to step 9 . when you turn the switch off

that should fix the issue about the switch not reading sd card higher than 4GB.

at this point any exfat sd card should work. you just need to make sure you have Atmosphere files in them.

Last edited:

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
Update: we @Azrial and myself while trouble shooting found isses with the archive bit. (totally unrelated to the guide I posted) we proceeded to fix unset issues in the archive bit using hekate and he is good to go again. all users should be fine upgrading firmware but if you have something similar dont hesitate to ask me.

Azrial

Midlife Gamer
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Dec 23, 2019
Good old Blighty
Update: we @Azrial and myself while trouble shooting found isses with the archive bit. (totally unrelated to the guide I posted) we proceeded to fix unset issues in the archive bit using hekate and he is good to go again. all users should be fine upgrading firmware but if you have something similar dont hesitate to ask me.
I've wrote you a little thank you in this forum too, love you!

Reactions: DorianX

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
I've wrote you a little thank you in this forum too, love you!
i saw it bro, wow was I not expecting a full thread LOL thanks much appreciated. i will be honest the community at discord is so toxic when anyone asks for help very rarely will you get someone actually trying to help. sometimes you get a half baked answer. sometimes someone just clowning

archaicginger

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Feb 16, 2020
Thanks for the tutorial. I got 10.0.2 and AMS 0.12 installed and working. When I reboot I have to manually choose the right payload, like you said, and I think it's working. The problem is, only hekate can be configured and thus the gamecard enabled, even with the hekate bin you included in the pack deleted. It still somehow magically boots into hekate, I have to choose fusee-primary.bin and then I can't configure it at all. Is there anything I can do about this?

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
Thanks for the tutorial. I got 10.0.2 and AMS 0.12 installed and working. When I reboot I have to manually choose the right payload, like you said, and I think it's working. The problem is, only hekate can be configured and thus the gamecard enabled, even with the hekate bin you included in the pack deleted. It still somehow magically boots into hekate, I have to choose fusee-primary.bin and then I can't configure it at all. Is there anything I can do about this?
There is a simple reason why you still get hekate when you restart to boot menu: I included hekate tool boot menu in the pack i made.

Why did i do that you ask? because you can never be "too safe" for one reason or for another there is always someone who will have some sort of issue. thats why I included Hekate menu. it is so extremely helpful when you have problem. our friend @Azrial for example had 54 errors that we were able to fix doin a BIT archive rebuild. those errors were made by the person who first jailbroke his switch. had I not included Hekate his option was to restore his NAND and start a tedious job of many hours. (we fix his in 1)

The only reason you see hekate there is because thats my "safety net" for people who will need to : reconstruct bit archive, create a nand backup, restore, DUAL boot with sysnand and emuMMC. dual boot with reinx or atmopshere, enable/disable autoRCM at your own will. and many other tools.

to answer your question: the reason why your sysmodules dont work is because eventho I included hekate boot screen tools. I did not include any sysmodules/ forks. If you want them to work you need to boot with the hekate atmopshere fusee.bin file (you cannot boot with my clean atmosphere fusee-primary.bin file i included)
in order to get your sysmodules again you need to download them from here
Hidden content
To see this hidden content, you must like this content.
Word of advise: you will need to boot with hekate atmopshere fork. there is no guarantee that the sigpatches I included will work as they are for clean vanilla Atmopshere. at that point you will need to get sigpatches for hekate.

I love hekate as a tool. i dont really love their sysmodules as they arent updated as regularly and also might give you problems. with AtlasNX disbanded i dont know how often you will get updates neither.

Last edited:

archaicginger

회원 | Member
회원 | Member
Feb 16, 2020
I see. I hadn't considered that. I did just make a NAND backup before this just in case. I don't mind booting into hekate and then choosing the bin at all, I just want to know how to enable the game card slot. That's literally it. Could you help me just enable my game card slot? I think sigpatches are working already since I got the new Bloodstained update to boot. (You just meant if I screwed with it, right?)

About sysmodules, which I didn't know I mentioned at all, is there a way to get Tesla and emuiibo working with this build or will I have to risk breaking it?

Edit: Good 'ol fashioned Google has prevailed. To enable the game card just go into /atmosphere/config/BCT.ini and add "nogc = 0" under the stratosphere section. Hopefully I'll figure out sysmodules later, but my switch is ready for new games now.

Thanks Leon.

Last edited:

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
I see. I hadn't considered that. I did just make a NAND backup before this just in case. I don't mind booting into hekate and then choosing the bin at all, I just want to know how to enable the game card slot. That's literally it. Could you help me just enable my game card slot? I think sigpatches are working already since I got the new Bloodstained update to boot. (You just meant if I screwed with it, right?)

About sysmodules, which I didn't know I mentioned at all, is there a way to get Tesla and emuiibo working with this build or will I have to risk breaking it?

Edit: Good 'ol fashioned Google has prevailed. To enable the game card just go into /atmosphere/config/BCT.ini and add "nogc = 0" under the stratosphere section. Hopefully I'll figure out sysmodules later, but my switch is ready for new games now.

Thanks Leon.
gud 'ol google is always there for you LOL.

about tesla overlay and emuiibo YES they both work. just make sure you download the latest version. (do not use the old ones that worked with 9.x.x)

@ everyone. The guide i made is for clean vanilla atmosphere : what that means is everything should work like the developer intended to. I have not included nothing fancy nothing complicated sysmodule. just gud 'ol plug and play.
That also means you can mess with it and install whatever you want without anything creating a conflict.

Azrial

Midlife Gamer
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Dec 23, 2019
Good old Blighty
Hiya @dorianx12, everything is now working perfectly, Thank you, just a couple of questions though. 1st my Switch keeps saying that a download update has needs to be installed, I think it's already downloaded it, possibly 10.0.4, is it safe to install that or should I just keep ignoring it? It asks me every time I load a game, any game. 2nd NXTheme installer keeps crashing, so I cannot apply a new theme to my Switch, is there a more up to date version than the one supplied on the AppStore that works with 10.0.2 or higher or is there an alternative I can use?

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
Hiya @dorianx12, everything is now working perfectly, Thank you, just a couple of questions though. 1st my Switch keeps saying that a download update has needs to be installed, I think it's already downloaded it, possibly 10.0.4, is it safe to install that or should I just keep ignoring it? It asks me every time I load a game, any game. 2nd NXTheme installer keeps crashing, so I cannot apply a new theme to my Switch, is there a more up to date version than the one supplied on the AppStore that works with 10.0.2 or higher or is there an alternative I can use?

i sent you a guide how to delete the automatic system update. we need to get rid of that ASAP. because thats why the error "oops i update by mistake " happens

here is a link for the latest nxthemeinstaller go ahead and detele the old nxthemeinstaller.nro and replace it with the one from here
Hidden content
file will be in SD/Switch

prb

Uploader
Aug 25, 2018
Thanks @dorianx12, worked perfectly only thing different i had to do was replace and rename the PC fusee-primary.bin to payload.bin on my RCMloader dongle
top work as always

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
No you do not need to update to 10.0.4 yet. right now 10.0.2 IS THE SWEET BEST FIRMWARE where most of everything WORKS FINE (HOMEBREW) trust me updating to the newest firm is just a headache waiting for you. update 10.0.4 is useless for us pirates. no need to update as it does not bring anything super mega cool.

here are the MOST anticipated sigpatches for Atmosphere 10.0.4 for those of you who updated by mistake to 10.0.4 (these are the ones we were waiting for and the reason why i advised everyone to use 10.0.2

Yes i will create a guide when 10.0.4 is the best firmware but by that time 11.x.x will most likely be the standard IMO.
Yes you are fine in 10.0.2 for a while. I know i will be using it, i mean 10.0.4 only adds eshop credit card fixes. you dont need that crap you pirate.
yes these are for vanilla atmosphere ONLY.
IF you mix these patches with the guide i made. you need the new payload. you do that it WILL work/ ( always remember if its not broken DONT try to fix it) meaning dont go mixing sigpatches for no reason
then why am I putting sig patches here in this 10.0.2 thread ? because they arent that big of a deal to open a brand new thread IMO

Hidden content

Last edited:

FiSh.PaSte

Defenestration Demonstrator
Uploader
Sep 1, 2018
WASP-12b
@ dorianx12
Having some troubles trying to update a second switch, keep getting:
Error 0x805 registering 31c13a0f8258ffb58ffb5f2975fb674198289.nca!
Deleted placehld for 31c13a0f8258ffb58ffb5f2975fb674198289.nca

After Start installation using ChoiDujourNX
any idea?

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
@ dorianx12
Having some troubles trying to update a second switch, keep getting:
Error 0x805 registering 31c13a0f8258ffb58ffb5f2975fb674198289.nca!
Deleted placehld for 31c13a0f8258ffb58ffb5f2975fb674198289.nca

After Start installation using ChoiDujourNX
any idea?
tell me you got the firmware from our site https://darksoftware.xyz/Switch/FWlist

there are missing files from the folder "firmware 10.0.2" maybe during extraction with winrar. or 7zip
unpack the files again or download firmware file again

FiSh.PaSte

Uploader
Sep 1, 2018
WASP-12b
Yep firmware came from there, downloaded it twice thinking something might of happened to the first one, will try again, 3rd time normally is the charm....

Still getting same error... :(
By any chance would not having joycons attached be affecting the install?

Last edited:

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
Yep firmware came from there, downloaded it twice thinking something might of happened to the first one, will try again, 3rd time normally is the charm....

Still getting same error... :(
By any chance would not having joycons attached be affecting the install?
as far as i know. not having joycon should not be giving you issues.
did you extract files on a mac by any change ?
did you make sure files are extracted properly. and then makes sure you arent using any rar files.
your folder "10.0.2" should have a bunch of nonsense files like shown in the picture guide

are you trying to install a lower firmware than the system firmware ?

FiSh.PaSte

Uploader
Sep 1, 2018
WASP-12b
Not on mac, extracted files look like pic (219 files), checked rar to see if it was corrupted, was fine, have downloaded 3 times, got me stumped..

prb

Uploader
Aug 25, 2018
Not on mac, extracted files look like pic (219 files), checked rar to see if it was corrupted, was fine, have downloaded 3 times, got me stumped..
have you tried using a fresh memory card as it may be that your memory card is corrupted
try re downloading the basics atmosphere/ChoiDujourNX and 10.02 fw place them on a different memory card and give it a try

ps dont just copy the files from your old memory card as they maybe corrupted
and what memory card you using as there is a lot a fakes ?

Last edited: