• You use an Adblocker to hide advertisements. This type of program makes it difficult to keep this website up and running, since displaying advertisements is the only way to pay for hosting. Would you like to make an exception for this site? We promise that you will not be bothered by the advertisements.
  • Get upgrade the account to (Anti-ads Super Silver or Gold, Titanium - LifeTime for free and no yearly!) ----> "Click".
  • Our forum is an English speaking community. If you reply to a thread using non-English languages(French/Spanish/etc), staff will review your post and may delete it.
Forum - DKS

Tutorial NSW how to upgrade Firmware 10.0.2 without burning Fuses

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
this guide is OUTDATED,,, it still works but outdated.
new one is here
https://forum.darksoftware.net/thre...2-0-without-burning-efuses.41999/#post-132856

if you use a theme installer such as themeinstallerNX you need to uninstall your themes before proceeding . if you dont have theme installer proceed ahead. ReinX is no longer supported in this guide since they stopped support at 8.x.x
I will not offer support to no one who is using SX OS and updates to 10.x.x. nor tinfoil. sx os 2.9.5 is broken and so is 3.0.0.

Read: I have created an allin1package (download below) I have compiled sigpatches inside atmosphere, no need for you to look for them or edit or copy files. . also compiled is fusee-primary.bin file inside the updated version of tegraRCMGUI2.6. just follow my guide below (if you refuse to use new tegra2.6 and want to stay in 2.5 you MUST make sure to inject the newest fusee-primary.bin. if you expect this to work with old fusee it will NOT)

This is a guide to update your nintendo switch firmware offline without burning fuses , it is perfectly safe and reversible you can downgrade again to your old firmware if you wanted to.
Hidden content
To see this hidden content, you must like this content.
Here I will post a known bugs and FAQs i have encountered and helped to fix people in the forum:

warning 1)sx os users have lots of issues with sx os beta. my advise for now stay 9.2.0 is the best firmware for you at least till team x updates their crap. Atmosphere users this is perfectly fine continue with the update.

warning 2) IF you use nxthemeinstaller, or if you use SX os and have installed a theme you need to go and restore back to the original theme, there is a bug when upgrading firmware and having a theme installed that renders the NS screen black. almost like a soft brick. if you are not using themes then this does not apply to you ( go back up and start updating )

Warning 3) reinx has stopped support above 8.1.0 at the moment of this guide. current good games require 10.0.2 to play so your best option to update firmware is Atmosphere)

this is an example of a theme, if you dont even know that it is dont worry continue
[/HIDE]

I will not offer support to no one who is using SX OS and updates to 10.x.x

Stuff:
A)If you dont have a computer i dont want to read it.
B) Do not post off topic questions. i will not answer them. open a support thread
C) this works on Atmosphere, Reinx, and SX OS
D)At the moment 10.0.2 is the becoming the "sweet " firmware. As games have started to require it.
E) No you cannot downgrade lower than your Official Firmware (fuses) remember official firmware is diff from CFW.

Last edited:

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
Nice turorial
Firmware 10.0.2 is the better one for newer games/updates :thumbsup:
Thank you bro.
I did test this obviously with your uploads and work just fine big tittles as well
tittles that give many issues in sx os. such as
Hidden content
To see this hidden content, you must like this content.
firmware 10.0.2 will be the standard, most useful homebrew apps tested as well.
JKSV, checkpoint, edison, homebrew app. nx shell. nxthemeinstaller. awoo installer. gold leaf. ftp servernx.

Last edited:

African

-
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jun 20, 2018
Africa
Thank you bro.
I did test this obviously with your uploads and work just fine big tittles as well
tittles that give many issues in sx os. such as
***Hidden content cannot be quoted.***

firmware 10.0.2 will be the standard, most useful homebrew apps tested as well.
JKSV, checkpoint, edison, homebrew app. nx shell. nxthemeinstaller. awoo installer. gold leaf. ftp servernx.
Yes bro
Everything work fine with 10.0.2 atmosphere :thumbsup:
tittles that give many issues in sx os.
SXOS is meme now, all comments of their team has no sense. Games come with 10.0.2 and they told their customers to stay 9.2.0. what the heck lol
Comment posted 1 month ago and here we are in june the problem still here lol
fmw1B5E.jpg

FiSh.PaSte

Defenestration Demonstrator
Uploader
Sep 1, 2018
WASP-12b
very helpful , thanks for a easy to understand guide.

Reactions: DorianX

Sakamoto

Helper
Contributor
Dec 31, 2018
Japan
Thank you Commander Dorian for this tutorial i will update tomorrow i'm still 9.2.0 :laugh:

Reactions: African and DorianX

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
Thank you Commander Dorian for this tutorial i will update tomorrow i'm still 9.2.0 :laugh:
Commander Dorian i see you are a man of culture thank you :inlove::inlove::inlove::biggrin:
Yes its safe to update i have tested homebrewapps and games they work just fine. updating to 10.0.2 will ensure you to stay playing fine for another 4 to 6 months. or more if there arent any new stability updates LOL

Reactions: African

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
Yes bro
Everything work fine with 10.0.2 atmosphere :thumbsup:

SXOS is meme now, all comments of their team has no sense. Games come with 10.0.2 and they told their customers to stay 9.2.0. what the heck lol
Comment posted 1 month ago and here we are in june the problem still here lol
fmw1B5E.jpg
I gotta love how you say "treat their customers" LOL good one bro LOL.
I used to visit their threads and comment. its sad to see threads unanswered to paying customers, and now that they are facing a lawsuit i wonder if they will even bother telling people they will stop support LOL.

tipping point for me was when they f**d in a firmware and many hundreds for their switched banned cuz stealth mode was not working. and then when they f****d up in a sx beta and they put a guide in their forum how to use atmosphere so they could boot into CFW fix their crap. eventually they fixed it but it was funny

Reactions: African

♣zx♣

회원 | Member
Jun 2, 2018
hi. nice tutorial. mind if i ask if it will work also on emummc user like mine? or should i reformat/ restore my sd card also?

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
hi. nice tutorial. mind if i ask if it will work also on emummc user like mine? or should i reformat/ restore my sd card also?
To answer your question yes this will work with your emuMMC partition. no need to format or reformat anything at all.

♣zx♣

회원 | Member
Jun 2, 2018
To answer your question yes this will work with your emuMMC partition. no need to format or reformat anything at all.

Thanks. I got it working in one just shot following this tutorial. And I just found out too, that if you update your firmware while in emummc, the sysnand will not be updated. just now i got 9.2.0 Sysnand Firmware while I use 10.0.2 emummc, and that's so cool! haha. thanks bro. ♥♥♥

Edit: I just had a problem with the latest atmosphere update. I'am unable to install previous games using goldleaf, like Contra Rogue Corpse, Collection of Mana, Minecraft Dungeons, etc.. Did anyone notice the same issue? I'm using Goldleaf Version 0.8.0 & Quark 0.3.0

Edit2: i got it working now. I found the solution here.

Attachments

• 101813827_252108529398663_7290115610913013760_n.jpg
    101813827_252108529398663_7290115610913013760_n.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Azrial

Midlife Gamer
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Dec 23, 2019
Good old Blighty
HELP!!!!! @dorianx12 I've followed your guide to the letter, and everything went well until I rebooted by Switch with the new all in one package, now I get this screen.

Panic occurred while running Atmosphere

Title ID: 010041544D530000
Error Desc: std::abort<> (0xFFE)

Press POWER to continue.

Which takes me to Hekate but everytime I try to get back into Atmosphere, it wont boot.

Powered it off completely, left for an hour, turned on and now get....

A fatal error occured when running Atmosphere
Title ID: 010014544D53000
Error Desc : std::acort() called (oxffe)
Press POWER to reboot

and now it's stuck in that loop, does not go back to Hekate at all anymore.

Please help. :(
I'm a sad old cripple who has nothing else left in this life but my Switch.

Last edited:

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
the thing is, it should not be going back to hekate. there is no reason to. unless you kept old hekate files and are trying to boot with old hekate payload.

make sure you are sending vanilla fusee-primary.bin. (not the old fusee primary.bin) both old and new payload are named exactly the same. make sure you inject payload from the tegrarcm2.6 portable folder

Dont panic. hold power for 15 seconds untill switch is off and out of bootloop. no big deal. we just need to check the files in your sd card. can you send me a pic of your sd.

so many things to check. while upgrading did you choose fat 32 or exfat ? ( what format is your sd?)

I will be here all day to help you. ping me in every message so i can see it sooner.

Last edited:

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
Thanks. I got it working in one just shot following this tutorial. And I just found out too, that if you update your firmware while in emummc, the sysnand will not be updated. just now i got 9.2.0 Sysnand Firmware while I use 10.0.2 emummc, and that's so cool! haha. thanks bro. ♥♥♥

Edit: I just had a problem with the latest atmosphere update. I'am unable to install previous games using goldleaf, like Contra Rogue Corpse, Collection of Mana, Minecraft Dungeons, etc.. Did anyone notice the same issue? I'm using Goldleaf Version 0.8.0 & Quark 0.3.0

Edit2: i got it working now. I found the solution here.

Yes sysnand is diff from emummc.

i am still on sysnand 4.1.0 and emunand 10.0.2
just tried installing collection of mana and minecraft dungeons and worked just fine.

what i am thinking is that maybe you guys are keeping old hekate files, old hekate payloads and old hekate sigpatches. hence why all the errors.

Hekate is disbanded i will no longer include their software for that very same reason. my guides are to boot clean vanilla atmosphere as it is the cleanest-error free payload.

the guy in the vid above going and editing a file to make hekate work. its easy enough for me. but could not be straight forward for other users.
too much work for little reward. hekate tools and sysmodules arent worth the trouble.

Azrial

Midlife Gamer
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Dec 23, 2019
Good old Blighty
the thing is, it should not be going back to hekate. there is no reason to. unless you kept old hekate files and are trying to boot with old hekate payload.

make sure you are sending vanilla fusee-primary.bin. (not the old fusee primary.bin) both old and new payload are named exactly the same. make sure you inject payload from the tegrarcm2.6 portable folder

Dont panic. hold power for 15 seconds untill switch is off and out of bootloop. no big deal. we just need to check the files in your sd card. can you send me a pic of your sd.

so many things to check. while upgrading did you choose fat 32 or exfat ? ( what format is your sd?)

I will be here all day to help you. ping me in every message so i can see it sooner.
@dorianx12 OK, so I'm using exfat, same as I always have, all I have on my SD card are your files, exactly as you have them, and my Nintendo folder, that's all, nothing else whatsoever, for one brief moment earlier, it did pop up back to life, but wouldn't load any of my games, the hekate menu thing stopped this morning, and all I get now is the fatal error message, I'm getting really stressed now, I'm an old fart who has no idea what he's doing.

Last edited:

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
@dorianx12 OK, so I'm using exfat, same as I always have, all I have on my SD card are your files, exactly as you have them, and my Nintendo folder, that's all, nothing else whatsoever, for one brief moment earlier, it did pop up back to life, but wouldn't load any of my games, the hekate menu thing stopped this morning, and all I get now is the fatal error message, I'm getting really stressed now, I'm an old fart who has no idea what he's doing.
I want to help you step by step how to get it back to good. there is definetly some error somewhere we need to find it. can you get the discord app in your phone or PC??? i will send you the add code.

https://discord.gg/

Last edited:

Azrial

Midlife Gamer
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Dec 23, 2019
Good old Blighty
I'm already on the discord channel, but I'm off to bed now, so I'll try again tomorrow.

DorianX

Paladin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Jan 11, 2019
I'm already on the discord channel, but I'm off to bed now, so I'll try again tomorrow.
ping me at discord. whenever you have a chance.

RuroShaggs

DKS Member
회원 | Member
Nov 8, 2018
I have been having an issue recently with Heakate myself. Since updating everything I can't get it to stop going through Hekate on reboot to payload. I just don't want to screw up my boot but how do I safely get rid of HEkate and still have it safely autobook to fusee on reboot/crash?
Thank you for help
— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

EDIT: I was able to go back into Hekate and choose to autoboot into fusee, but is there a safe way to just remove hekate all together? I only need it for initial injection right? I don't sidechain or emummc.

Last edited by a moderator: